Twitter Facebook YouTube

Bullying

Teens: Have you ever been harassed or intimidated at school or online? Are you fed up with the taunts and humiliation, but you don't know where to turn? Do teachers see bullying at your school? What do they do -- or not do -- about it? Have you reported bullying at your school? Did school officials do anything about it? Share your stories and find support from other teens.

Join Dr. Phil’s anti-bullying movement!

Click here for anti-bullying resources.
Comments
Replied By: rebelinthemidd on Jul 29, 2015, 12:19PM
The Dodo Bird Verdict as found on wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodo_bird_verdict is another example of non science in the world of psychiatry. The theroy is that all forms of psychotherapy are equally just as succesfull. This seems to be a way to prevent in fighting with the different theories of psychotherapy. This avoids real debate of psychotherapy that Freud realized years ago the driving clients into a psychosis. As I've stated before there are many ways to drive a person into psychosis. As Wiki article points out no real scientific study has been done to prove or disapprove the Dodo verdict (or psychotherapy). With non Scientific studies being evaluated by psychiatrist that believe in "mental illness" many psychiatrist come to their own beliefs of psychiatry, psychotherapy, and the Dodo verdict. Yet they have come up with no proof of an organic, chemical, or physical evidence of "mental illness". So many psychiatrist that trhemselves were induced into psychosis and believe in "mental illness" continue to put theroies out without being able to prove those therois. There is a component of psychotherapy that the expert psychiatrist are ignoring that is the human factor of the psychiatrist performing the psychotherpy as seen in U.S.S.R., Comunist China, Aparthied South Africa and even in the U.S. Psychiatrist often serve the establishment and themselves. People opposing establishment are often deemed "mentally ill". A ferral cat, a wild dog or horse are not "mentally ill" they are just unbroken, similarly a person that stands up against the powers that be is not "mentally ill". Animals can be broken in many different manners and some work better than others. Slaves that ran away were considered crazy and thus needed to be broken often with brutal beatings. Slave owners justified the beating of slaves to prevent other slaves from improper behaviors.Psychiatry is used by governments to prevent people from exposing wrongs. The debate should be about "mental illness" not the Dodo Bird Verdict. Without any proof of "mental illness" (organic, chemical, physical) the governmet should not be allowed to force psychiatry (an unproven belief) on any one.

Replied By: rebelinthemidd on Jul 16, 2015, 8:03AM
Like Freud Dr. Phil does not want the world to know truth about psychiatry. Freud destroyed all letters to him and attempted to get letters he wrote destroyed in order to keep people from truth of bad science in psychiatry. Another day Dr. Phil show doesn't want to debate science of psychiatry. Science is about being able to debate, discuss observe, reason, understand ... Psychiatrist believe that the psychosis they induce into people is proof of mental illness. Many ways to drive a person into a psychosis, those that go into a religous psychosis belive it is proof of God's existence. Freud saw similarities in psychosis those accused of being witches and the psychosis he drove his patient into. Like Freud concluded psychosis is not proof of God neither isit proof of a chemical, organic and / or physical problem with the brain that can be fixed through psychotherapy or drugs. Of course people can be medicated into zombie or near zombie state so  they are not so  disruptive to those in power. If only the British medicated Samuel Adams perhaps there would not of been a revolution. Psychiatry is used by those in power to control people that stand against wrongs by those in power.

Replied By: rebelinthemidd on Jul 15, 2015, 10:16AM
While I think Dr. Phil has insight and does some good overal psychiatry is not based on science and most psychiatrist are just interested in playing games with people in order to drive them into a psychosis, then they will medicate them and continue psychotherapy. Freud knew he was a fraud. Freud destroyed letters to him and attempted to get others to destroy letters he wrote because he knew the letters contained evidence that psychotherapy drives people into psychosis. The psychosis resulting from psychotherapy is not evidence of "mental illness" but that there is a number of ways to break a person. What many that stand against psychiatry are missing is just that simple Psychosis is not proof of a previous "mental illness". Thus many that are against psychiatry do not want to acknowledge having been driven into a psychosis. The fondation for the DSM is that the psychosis often caused by psychotherapy is proof of "mental illness" but the fact is many of the psychiatrist that vote on what is in the DSM were hazed into psychiatry by having to undergo psychotherapy and they most likely were also induced into a psychosis. While in the psychosis state the mind is in a very suggestive state so many psychiatrist to be firmly believe in mental "illness" based on science(or  their own experience). Psychiatry is bad science . As a result of being driven into psychosis many psychiatrist self medicate in order to stop the racing of their minds. The numerous self medicating psychiatrist is also due to fact that they have access to the numerous drugs. In Freuds time often the drug was cocaine. Past wrongs of psychiatry were only stopped after great public knowledge not because the psychiatrist decided through scientific study that lombotomies, electro shock, drugs, insulin shock, psychotherapy were wrong because most of the psychiatrist doing the numerous wrongs were okay with the results as their main goal was to subdue the patients.

Replied By: kirght on Jul 10, 2015, 12:52PM
I've been hurt beyond repair.  I've asked for help.  Now I understand what we humans are.  I've been working with social sevice agencies.  They are bullies. Criminals.  Now someone came into my apt, while I was here, maybe sleeping, and took my keys.  I have ADT.  How is this possible, I don't know and I don't care.

Replied By: rebelinthemidd on Jul 8, 2015, 10:51AM - In reply to rebelinthemidd
Why do some post seem to post but can not be found later?

Replied By: rebelinthemidd on Jul 8, 2015, 10:49AM - In reply to rebelinthemidd
One week and several emails to Dr. Phil with no response to my request to public debate on psychiatry. Institutions often continue on rightfully or wronglyas individuals only have a short time on earth. While I don't agree with everything those against psychiatry say I'm very much against what many supporters of psychiatry claim. One those that claim psychiatry is based on scienc. Psychiatry is not based on scientific methods much is cloaked in secrecy supposedly to protect confidetiality of patients. If all games played by psychiatrist were recorded in an unbiased mannerthen we could start to understand psychiatry. After a USPS employee goes postal the USPS will claim the person had a history of mental illness. Well I know the many games the USPS and psychiatrist play to drive people into psychosis thus how many in the USPS are induced into "mental illness".

Replied By: aidenstruth on Jul 7, 2015, 12:28PM
I have been bullyed 90 percent of my life. All thought out school It was a nightmare for me. In schools i was called everything from fagot to fatty to slut to whore to Aids to everything between I was even beaten up by students infront of teachers. I even had one teacher pull out a bible and gave me a lecture. This is wrong I had even one studient stab me with a metal pencil and one pin me agest the wall and lick me grab me and spit on me. Teachers did nothing no one cared what i had to say. 

Yet when there were others who reported it they hurd it but they never said anything that delt with me through out my whole life i have been abused sexually and non sexually bullied from everyone all cause i was someone who wanted to come out of the closet. I wanted to be myself my sexuality sence then has plaged my life.  I have been picked on ridaculed i even had a couple of class mates trick me. Untop of that i was even abused sexually by some of these people yet no matter what i said nothing happened to them. I told teachers, parents, police the only people who believed me was my parents. comming home with bruses marks sometimes face so swallen you cant even tell it was me. So one day my mom even got a threatning phone call and said that I was gonna be killed if i went to school again so my parents pulled me out of school.

I was riped away from everything and now I am 30 guess what bullies are still around i get them every direction. I was even tricked by someone i knew online for 4 years off and on to move clear across the country to be with them just to be chained and tied up and beaten and raped by woman and men trying to cure me of my ways. bullies has tooken alot from me i have spent two years trying to get better at everything trying to realize not everyones the same but i will say this striaght up that if your being bullied dont stop at your parents keep going up the poles keep trying to get help even if its not in your city keep going untel someone listens the life i have had with bullies for ever changed my life and you can stop it. mine hasnt even fully stoped i am still slamed on about things that happened when i was 13 and 16. Another thing if people think that you dont get slamed on by people like you your totally mistaken. 

What people dont know about the bisexual or gay life style is your also picked on and slamed on by fellow gays and bisexuals your not accpted if your bigger or if your diffrent in anyway. So reality before you say anyone wants to be gay or bisexual its not the case. No one would want this life. 

Message to people who bully : Realize your words hurt stop hurting people cause you feel like your better or you need to do this cause of your pain your words and actions can effect people for there whole damn lifes. It needs to stop and people need to have criminal actions agest them if it contenues. there are men and woman all over killing themselfs cause they ask for help and are ignored so why dont you stop bullieing and actually start using what happened to you to help the bullied. 

Replied By: kailynsmam on Jul 3, 2015, 3:03PM
I am a 42 year old mom with a 12 year old.

From the 3rd grade untill I graduated high School I was taunted , teased , and beat up almost everyday , because of my looks or clothes.

My ( for all intense and purpose ) mom , told me NOT to fight back , ingore it , it will go away.

Sticks and Stones may break your bones , but names will never hurt you. Well the adults in my life were wrong ... It DID hurt. I still wear the scars today.

I turned to drugs and alcohol and later suicide to deal with the depression.

When I found out I was pregnant I feared my child would be bullied and she  was. And the sad thing is the schools did NOTHING to help.

Luckly we got my daughter into an AMAZING charter school where there are smart girls like her and people who understand her personality and who have a ZERO TOLLERENCE  for bullying.

It breaks my heart when I hear of prople being bullied and I feel sorry for the bully as well.

The bully needs help as well , because most children bully due to something going on at home.

Replied By: rebelinthemidd on Jul 1, 2015, 8:52AM - In reply to rebelinthemidd
yes

Replied By: rebelinthemidd on Jul 1, 2015, 8:52AM
While Dr. Phil has great insight and has helped many he is wrong about "Science" in psychiatry.

Psychiatrist confuse cause and effect - Psycosis has many different causes one being psychotherapy Even Freud knew psychotherapy causes psychosis as he compared psychotherapy to the effects of being accused of being a witch during witch trials.

Szasz was correct myth of mental illness. 

Showing 1-10 of total 151 Comments