Twitter Facebook YouTube

Bullying

Teens: Have you ever been harassed or intimidated at school or online? Are you fed up with the taunts and humiliation, but you don't know where to turn? Do teachers see bullying at your school? What do they do -- or not do -- about it? Have you reported bullying at your school? Did school officials do anything about it? Share your stories and find support from other teens.

Join Dr. Phil’s anti-bullying movement!

Click here for anti-bullying resources.
Comments
Replied By: aidenstruth on Jul 7, 2015, 12:28PM
I have been bullyed 90 percent of my life. All thought out school It was a nightmare for me. In schools i was called everything from fagot to fatty to slut to whore to Aids to everything between I was even beaten up by students infront of teachers. I even had one teacher pull out a bible and gave me a lecture. This is wrong I had even one studient stab me with a metal pencil and one pin me agest the wall and lick me grab me and spit on me. Teachers did nothing no one cared what i had to say. 

Yet when there were others who reported it they hurd it but they never said anything that delt with me through out my whole life i have been abused sexually and non sexually bullied from everyone all cause i was someone who wanted to come out of the closet. I wanted to be myself my sexuality sence then has plaged my life.  I have been picked on ridaculed i even had a couple of class mates trick me. Untop of that i was even abused sexually by some of these people yet no matter what i said nothing happened to them. I told teachers, parents, police the only people who believed me was my parents. comming home with bruses marks sometimes face so swallen you cant even tell it was me. So one day my mom even got a threatning phone call and said that I was gonna be killed if i went to school again so my parents pulled me out of school.

I was riped away from everything and now I am 30 guess what bullies are still around i get them every direction. I was even tricked by someone i knew online for 4 years off and on to move clear across the country to be with them just to be chained and tied up and beaten and raped by woman and men trying to cure me of my ways. bullies has tooken alot from me i have spent two years trying to get better at everything trying to realize not everyones the same but i will say this striaght up that if your being bullied dont stop at your parents keep going up the poles keep trying to get help even if its not in your city keep going untel someone listens the life i have had with bullies for ever changed my life and you can stop it. mine hasnt even fully stoped i am still slamed on about things that happened when i was 13 and 16. Another thing if people think that you dont get slamed on by people like you your totally mistaken. 

What people dont know about the bisexual or gay life style is your also picked on and slamed on by fellow gays and bisexuals your not accpted if your bigger or if your diffrent in anyway. So reality before you say anyone wants to be gay or bisexual its not the case. No one would want this life. 

Message to people who bully : Realize your words hurt stop hurting people cause you feel like your better or you need to do this cause of your pain your words and actions can effect people for there whole damn lifes. It needs to stop and people need to have criminal actions agest them if it contenues. there are men and woman all over killing themselfs cause they ask for help and are ignored so why dont you stop bullieing and actually start using what happened to you to help the bullied. 

Replied By: kailynsmam on Jul 3, 2015, 3:03PM
I am a 42 year old mom with a 12 year old.

From the 3rd grade untill I graduated high School I was taunted , teased , and beat up almost everyday , because of my looks or clothes.

My ( for all intense and purpose ) mom , told me NOT to fight back , ingore it , it will go away.

Sticks and Stones may break your bones , but names will never hurt you. Well the adults in my life were wrong ... It DID hurt. I still wear the scars today.

I turned to drugs and alcohol and later suicide to deal with the depression.

When I found out I was pregnant I feared my child would be bullied and she  was. And the sad thing is the schools did NOTHING to help.

Luckly we got my daughter into an AMAZING charter school where there are smart girls like her and people who understand her personality and who have a ZERO TOLLERENCE  for bullying.

It breaks my heart when I hear of prople being bullied and I feel sorry for the bully as well.

The bully needs help as well , because most children bully due to something going on at home.

Replied By: rebelinthemidd on Jul 1, 2015, 8:52AM - In reply to rebelinthemidd
yes

Replied By: rebelinthemidd on Jul 1, 2015, 8:52AM
While Dr. Phil has great insight and has helped many he is wrong about "Science" in psychiatry.

Psychiatrist confuse cause and effect - Psycosis has many different causes one being psychotherapy Even Freud knew psychotherapy causes psychosis as he compared psychotherapy to the effects of being accused of being a witch during witch trials.

Szasz was correct myth of mental illness. 

Replied By: dr_duckbutter on Jun 29, 2015, 7:20PM
This is another reason for birth control for men and women. Most people are born from the back ofva 57 Chevy! Stop that and you will have a better world! Only people who got real brains should have kids.

Replied By: rebelinthemidd on Jun 25, 2015, 12:27PM
While Dr. Phil has done much good for many he is doing the world an injustice promoting psychiatry as he has done. Psychiatry is not based on science rather it is pseudo science. What is a "mental illness" in the DSM is voted on. I challenge Dr. Phil to do a show that has real debate about psychiatry. While I do not agree with everything Dr. Szasz wrote he did a good job as a pioneer against psychiatry.

Those forced into psychotherapy will ultimately most likely be induced into a psychosis (racing of thoughts). While in this racing state the mind is more open to suggestion. The fact person is induced into state by psychotherapy is not proof of "mental illness" but rather that people can be broken with numerous methods.

I am willing to debate psychiatry but the burden should be on psychiatrist to produce the science behind their presumptions. Psychiatrist have a cause and effect problem as "mental illness" is not why so many of their patience end up in a psychosis rather the so called cure is what puts so many into psychosis. 

Replied By: sassydad on Jun 24, 2015, 4:33PM
The ONLY way to stop a bully is to fight back.  If they are saying things about you, just ignore them.  However, the moment they lay their hands on you, you tear into them like a windmill no matter how big they are.  The bullying will stop after that.

Replied By: shay0765 on Jun 24, 2015, 2:56PM - In reply to kellyapritchar
I am screwed up from molestation and bullying!And i could never let what happened to me happen to my godchildren,cousins, and families!

Replied By: shay0765 on Jun 24, 2015, 2:51PM
You can never be hard enough!Be bullied as a child from age 5 to my adult years hurts i have a negative view of myself! I have been bullied by family members and everyone !And in my adults years my coping mechanisms are to shut everyone and everything out.I punish myself because i feel they are right! I have attempted suicide,cut myself and harmed myself to relieve my emotional pain.But there are other contributing factors to my conditions. I trust no one because i have been hurt by everyone.I hate myself.I am every aggressive towards Men.So from me. The harder the better because your children will have emotional problems in the years a head.

Replied By: kellyapritchar on Jun 22, 2015, 1:14PM - In reply to pmartel
Hi You wrote "I DO NOT understand WHY the schools stick their head in the sand when THEY KNOW that they are as much responsible for controlling the situation as the parents of the bully are."    That's the deal. Where do child abusers go to abuse kids? Answer: They go to work teaching, from preschool to 6th grade, mostly, but you also find them in church sunday school. sports and weekend activities for your kids, the list goes on. Wherever kid are, child abusers and pedofiles will find a job where they can get to kids, The owner of a toy store...... Or they have a family life where they can abuse the children. 

The answer is video and audio camera's in all area of the school, except the bathroom stalls, and showers in Jr High n High school. The answer is to give parents a password to access the cameras so they can check on their kids 24/7. And this is related or not: put seatbelts in shool buses. Kids bouncing around in busses shows how much we value their safety. Oh and if your kids school has a "No Parents on Campus" rule, put your kid in another school or homeschool until you can find a good school, prefuribly one with camera's in the classrooms. Best of luck for you and your child. I know how it is. I no longer teach because I protected the children, always, and bad schools with bad teachers will fire you for being good

I heard a good idea once. It was to give teaching jobs to discharged service people with good records.. Only the ones who were not that interested in working with kids are offered the training. People who maybe have kids and have been well vetted to see if they can be around kids and not hurt them. A simple but perhaps a bettter choice than people who dream of working with kids just so they can hurt them.

Showing 1-10 of total 145 Comments