Twitter Facebook YouTube

Bullying

Teens: Have you ever been harassed or intimidated at school or online? Are you fed up with the taunts and humiliation, but you don't know where to turn? Do teachers see bullying at your school? What do they do -- or not do -- about it? Have you reported bullying at your school? Did school officials do anything about it? Share your stories and find support from other teens.

Join Dr. Phil’s anti-bullying movement!

Click here for anti-bullying resources.
Comments
Replied By: vineyardchrist on Jan 30, 2015, 10:18PM - In reply to spookadoo
You've got to be kidding! Do you honestly believe Phil McGraw controls network scheduling? Methinks perhaps YOU could use psycological counsel.  If you don't like Judith Scheindlin - DON'T WATCH!  She's been on the air for 20 years -- people on her show SIGN UP to be there.  With a triple Ph.D (Law, Psycology and English Theory) she's highly educated, and her 40 years experience in Family Law gives her wisdom worth listening to.  Get a life, Ms. Spaulding - and stop fretting over television programming. 

Replied By: truejustice on Jan 29, 2015, 6:32AM
Okay we all know that bullying is bad but what do we do with bullies who manipulate the legal system and the police to assist them into gaining revenge or retalliation upon someone just out of spite or revenge?

I may be just a college girl but I got a few male friends who have been put through hell due to vengeful ex girlfriends and the current law system the way it's set is actually making it much easier for evil minded girls like these to do stuff like this. Several of my friends were arrested, tried and spent some time in jail on false rape accusations but the girls later confessed that they made it up to their parents and the cases were dropped often times but it still messed their lives up in the meantime. Our society is become a very dangerous place to life if you happen to be a male of age 17 or older because our bias law system is cracking down so hard on rape and sexual assault cases that it's now guilty until proven innocent instead of the contrary like it's supposed to be and yes I can agree that some people really do deserve harsh punishment but for every real threat to society we attempt to put away we are destroying the lives and nearly putting away many others who were either at the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong girl or people who were accused just out of vengence. Believe it or not people there are PLENTY of teenage girls still in high school to purposely seek out relationships with male individuals over the age of 18 and infact it's quite common because it's been proven through the use of scientific studies that girls mature faster then boys and want guys on their same mental level so high school girls go for college boys almost all the time. It's just a common as the overwhelming population of people now smoking weed but that's another discussion entirely.

Anyway what I'm here to point out is that even though the idea was started with the right intentions in mind it's just got out of hand with those who are taking advantage of it and we need to stop arresting and throwing people in jail MERELY over the someone elses say so alone. Victems and Accused need to both be treated with the same unbiased skepticism to get to the truth. I feel that anyone accusing someone else of a violent crime and cannot present clear evidence of abuse such as bruses and or injuries as it was not actually an assault in which the victem was beaten need to be REQUIRED to give their report on a polygraph. I understand that the polygraph isn't a perfect machine but it's a lot better then just taking every victems word for it cause this has become a serious problem especially here in Texas.

Our laws here on this stuff are a lot harsher cause they think that being overbearing fixes the problem that we are starting to lock up a lot of innocent people and it's causing a lot of civil unrest between citizens and the justice system. Most of my family members swear they will never serve on a jury now and the police themselves are loosing a lot of respect and favor with the citizens because of the overprotective nature of the justice system because we have to remember that anyone we accuse of a crime is a human being too and age, race, gender, or size does not make a person innocent or guilty and a lot of male individuals down here are now getting scared to even engage in a relationship with someone because a lot of teenagers are setting them up and a lot of ex girlfriends are trying to take revenge on their boyfriends by claiming rape or assault just as a way to get back at them for breaking up or whatever the reason.

Girls can be just as evil and vendictive if not more so then any male and it's infact the very reason that a lot of females now days like to have male friends over female ones because girls are straight up horrible to each other most of the time and they aren't much better to males they date in most times because we are now in a time and age in which females have become the "players" and the "cheaters" wile males are seeking long term relationships atleast in my area.

Replied By: jpmitchell0303 on Jan 26, 2015, 9:08AM - In reply to spookadoo
i suppose i understand the nature of what is being blamed on judge judy, however, what about those who are true roll models for young adults? lets face it, pop culture now glorifies rude and often obnoxiouse people. for examle, the most popular judges on reality tv compititions are those who completely disregard the emotions of contestents. we must also examine other reality shows feturing trendy young adults such as jersy shore and the kardashians. if these people were not pompous degenerates ratings would suffer. i seriousey doubt teens are becoming aggressive because of the actions of an old lady in a robe.

Replied By: voltaicbelle on Jan 24, 2015, 3:22PM - In reply to spookadoo
Do you think Dr. Phil has any control over what shows are before and after his?   He does not control the local markets.  For instance, here in Austin, TX, Judge Judy isn't even on the same channel as Dr. Phil.  Each individual local network affiliate chooses what shows they play and the schedule in which they play them based on their station's demographics.

If you have a problem with Judge Judy being on your TV either don't watch her, or write to the local news station asking that they remove her show from their schedule.

Replied By: drumpainter on Jan 20, 2015, 9:55PM
I think schools should have week long class on this issue

Replied By: spookadoo on Jan 19, 2015, 7:51AM
You are such an advocate against bullying, how can you allow your show to play right before Judge Judy? There is no bigger bully then she is. She makes a mockery out of our court system. She has no right to speak to people the way she does. I refuse to watch her show and wish more people would do the same. I am very surprised this is not an issue you have addressed before now. Any children watching this with parents or without are learning it's ok to talk to and treat people that way. It's not ok!!

I have written twice to the tv station and never received a reply. Is money really so important that you would allow someone to treat another on national tv like that? She should be ashamed.

Thanks for letting me vent but would also be interested in a reply letting me know hw you feel on his issue. If you have any ideas on how to get her show removed I would like to hear.

Cathy Spaulding

Replied By: trailwalker on Jan 18, 2015, 3:09PM - In reply to trafficbrenda
It is scheduled for Friday Jan. 23, 2015.

Replied By: trailwalker on Jan 18, 2015, 3:08PM - In reply to christihzlwd
It is scheduled for Friday Jan. 23, 2015.

Replied By: ashliiwashere on Jan 17, 2015, 11:05PM
When Tempist's mom said she doesn't deal with her daughter due to her having Multiple Sclerosis, and she doesn't want to have the stress, I got upset. I was a problem child, I was a mean teen towards my mom and father due to influences from those I surrounded myself around. My mom also has MS and she still put her foot down. This mother has no excuse not to put her foot down. MS does flare up around stress yes, but you let this continue it will only get worse not only for you but Tempiest and other bi-standards.

Replied By: DrPhilBoard1 on Jan 16, 2015, 9:18AM - In reply to sherrybpab
As of now, part 2 is scheduled to air next Friday.

Showing 1-10 of total 104 Comments