Twitter Facebook YouTube

What's Your Favorite Dr. Phil Episode?

Have a favorite Dr. Phil episode? Tell us what made that episode so special and memorable. Was it the advice? Was it the humor? Was it moving and emotional for you? Share your favorite show.
Comments
Replied By: blgspc on Dec 2, 2014, 7:52PM - In reply to jonesld1997
I am so sorry for your loss. The truth is that you didn't end his life, he ended his life. You made the best choices you could at the time but he didn't die because you didn't answer the phone he died because he was an alcoholic and  DID NOT deal with his alcoholism in a way that would have allowed him to live. 

Everytime you think about punishing yourself for his death, instead think of how many people across the country are sitting in an AA meetings. Some cities have AA meeting around the clock. 

Replied By: katerine on Nov 22, 2014, 11:22AM
Currently, my favorite was part one of the episode with the paranoid husband who was convinced his wife was cheating on him, and alienated their 12-year-old from his mother.

Don't get me wrong. I spent the vast majority of that episode with my mouth hanging open in outrage and disbelief. But there was one moment in that episode that made it all worth it (paraphrased from memory):

"Are you telling me, that [in that tape] you're not telling [your son], 'Man, I got her! I got her, man, she's going down! I've got the test results and the letter, I've got the proof right here!' THIS letter! RIGHT HERE! Which says you didn't take the damn test!"

I firmly believe that it is wrong to mock somebody who is suffering from delusions. I firmly believe that "mentally ill" should not be an insult, and I really hate that it's taken that way by the public. I really respect the fact that Dr. Phil offered the guy help at the end, and I respect the guy for taking it. But I still laughed at that moment, which I know is really hypocritical (especially for me), but at that moment in the episode, I'd just wanted to reach through the screen and pound some sense of logic into the guy's head.

Replied By: greengirl71 on Nov 14, 2014, 11:39AM
Dear Dr.Phil,

I know Todd Herzog female counterpart!!  The only thing different is she has no family support!  My friend Jocelyn Morretino is going to die if she doesn't stop drinking. Debbie Knauss said Todd was one of the worse cases she's seen, she hasn't seen Joceyn!!

So, for about 6 years now I've been trying to help my friend, but she lives in Kauai & I live in Colorado.  This past year her husband has cheated on her & her marriage hopefully will end (that's a whole other show, lies & deceit).  I don't know what to do any more.  I don't want my friend to die!!!  She already has lost about 65% of her liver.  The doctors have told her at least twice under no uncertain terms if she drinks she will die!!  Please help my friend.  She has NO ONE left.  Her father is a "recovering" drug addict (I say that very loosely), her own son has given up on her, the friends she does have in her town have either turned their backs or Jocelyn has shut them out, her mother ( who was absent for the major of her life) is hopeless to help, she has a few half siblings that don't have any way of helping, and she has me!  There's just so much more to her story than what I can write about.  BUT I promise you this SHE IS DOING TO DIE!

Please help Jocelyn Morretino she is soo much like Todd in her personality & you think Todd is a handful....

I hope & I pray that you can help my friend.  I really think that you are her only option!

Sincerely,

Tammy Helvig

Replied By: jonesld1997 on Nov 7, 2014, 8:25PM
I am watching the show today and just saw the preview for next week's show with Todd Herzog.  I am devastated to hear this news.  Two years ago I lost my fiance to his alcoholism.  Todd resembles my fiance in both physical appearance and struggles.  I was so thrilled to see him better, looking happy and healthy on the update show.  I was rooting for him to be the survivor of a terrible battle that my fiance was not able to win.  

Thank you so much for not giving up on Todd!  For being in his face and getting him help yet again.  I fear that I did not do this for my fiance.  That after episodes of infidelity, abuse and our constant state of chaos, I walked away for the sake of mine and my children's safety and well being.  We were still together but from a further distance.  I refused to associate with him when he was drinking and that night I didn't answer the phone and he just drank until he didn't wake up.  I wish I could have been his savior.  I struggle every day with knowing that, but for me walking away, he would be alive today.  His children would have their father.  His mother would have her son.  I would have soul mate.

Alcoholism is a terrible disease.  Thank you for treating Todd with the respect he deserves and showing the struggle.  I will be rooting for Todd to overcome his addictions and be the brother, son and friend that he deserves to be!

Replied By: n8vnewyorker on Sep 29, 2014, 2:00PM
Hi Dr. Phil! I watch your show religiously! I just wanted you to know that I get something out of every show. Your advice through the years has made me a better human being. The most important thing I've learned from you is that I rather be happy than right! I work hard NOT being a "right fighter". It has helped in all of my relationships!!! Thank you so much and keep up the great work!

Replied By: oceanentity on Aug 28, 2014, 9:16AM
Hi i watch the show here in Australia and i take notes ! especially on parenting advice ... ive been guilty of so many things i see in everyday guests that are parenting kids and teens , the advice has helped and shaped my relationship with my daughters. The episodes i want to keep up with are of course Alexandria and Erin ( erin has been thorugh so much in relation to addiction , losing her sister recently thats so sad ) , and recently a young pregnant girl whos pregnant and using drugs with her sister. she did enter rehab ( or be jailed to protect her unborn baby good work DR Phil ) but still no follow up so im keen to see how this plays out and fingers crossed she thrives in rehab and leaves htis life way behind because she is SO young.

I would also like to Add , i like very much what Robin and Dr Phil are doing in relation to speaking out against domestic Violence . Seeing the power play amd manipulation usually from male on to female ( i know theres a percentage of abusive females ) seeing it on screen i think will be powerful to many viewers . Oprah was key many many years back to my leaving a 10 year abusive relationship that lasted from 15 to 25 ...

Replied By: watzdoneisdone on Jul 30, 2014, 4:29AM
I love watching the show, it puts things into perspective for me and for the things i learn about others, and realize about myself.
My favourite episode thus far was the one with the two teen girls, I think it was called out of controll teen sisters or something. one had dark hair and the other younger one was blonde.
The second I saw them i felt dread settle in my stomach because all i could see were these two desperate, broken, in pain, scared and fearfully hopefull girls approaching what they deemed a battle ground.
I was terrified that the episode was going to become this huge big lecture to these two girls but i was delightfully mistaken when Dr Phil seemed to pick up on that. He did tell them off but it was in a constructive and patient fashion, then he helped them instantly by showing his thoughts on them openly and i could see the moment the hope flared brighter and the emotions started really peeking through. then he started on the family and to me, him doing that for those two girls to see ( as he often sends them away and such) was the best thing for those girls in the world. I would actually really love to hear how they are doing as I imagine after so many years of abuse and no one stopping and listening, that having that moment would have been a massive thing for them.

Replied By: felicia312 on Jul 23, 2014, 5:45PM
Im a big fan from your show and i love each episode, i would like one day to go too america en see your show :) i would love to read your book "life code" but my english is terrible so i can't read it. Hope one day it is translate to dutch. keep up the good job!!

ps: im sorry for my bad english, but here we talk dutch or french :p 

Replied By: t_ferri92 on Jul 12, 2014, 7:37AM
My favourite show would have to be the Michelle knight exclusive interview with Dr. Phil.

Michelle has been through a lot I could still see the pain in her eyes that had happened to her, she has inspired so many Americans and Australians. I was touched by this girl she deserves nothing but the best for her future. No human being should ever encounter the pain, torment or torcher that this girl went through. All my love, prayers and best wishes to Michelle knight  for being so brave for speaking out and for being strong and moving on with her now wonderful life.

Love from all of us in Australia xo

Replied By: squirrel102000 on May 30, 2014, 6:41PM
I would like them a whole lot more if I could view them. I have Windows Media Player(default). . When I click on a video....It wants me to install a Media Player which is not needed or wanted.  Can someone help me ...PLEASE ?

Showing 1-10 of total 51 Comments