Twitter Facebook YouTube

What's Your Favorite Dr. Phil Episode?

Have a favorite Dr. Phil episode? Tell us what made that episode so special and memorable. Was it the advice? Was it the humor? Was it moving and emotional for you? Share your favorite show.
Comments
Replied By: pilots767 on Apr 10, 2014, 9:12PM
Dr. Phil, what ever happened to the Dr. Phil family? The last we saw Alexandra had finished rehab.

I also noticed they were not talked about on your celebration of 2000 shows.

Replied By: adeleontario on Apr 8, 2014, 12:43PM
The most memorable show for me was the story of Liz and George and the deaf-blind triplets.  The grace under pressure that the mother showed and shoulders was/is incredible.  I hope she continues to receive support from George in the never ending dedication it will take to raise these little ones.

I will never forget this show, the update, and the generosity of the Dr. Phil show.  When little things in life irritate me, I count my blessings, realizing how difficult life can be for others.  This family will be in my thoughts forever.

Replied By: baebae15 on Jan 30, 2014, 10:43PM
I like this show just because it reminded me of a few girls from my school that were mercifuless. One girl goes by the  name of 'Candi' beat this other girl down with her bare hands in our cafeteria. Honestly, not like I've never seen a fight before but that was pretty scary. I believed that if one guy Matt wouldn't have stepped in and tried to stop it one girl coulda been dead.

Replied By: mgmartino on Jan 22, 2014, 1:42PM - In reply to fit1fifty
it was a good show that shows how mean people can be to the people they say they love its sad but too true thanks

Replied By: younggrandma on Dec 6, 2013, 10:06AM
I just finished watching a re-broadcast of a 2008 show where a 15 yr old boy was on with his partents complaining that for him school was a waste of time.  Incredibly his dad agreeded with him that parts of school were not necessary and he shouldn't have to complete them to graduate!

Dr Phil offered the boy some information on becoming a NFL Draft employee and then a reward if he kept up his grades. 

I think there was a lot more that could of and should have been said not only to help this young man but any other children out there who have the same thoughts.

School is a lot more than book learning. 

School teaches:

Discapline
Multitasking
How to work with difficult people and situations
How to achieve goals
Every day problem solving

The very process of learning trains our brains to think in an analitical way.

My son once came to me and said he felt like he was wasting his time in high school.  I told him that school prepares you for real life!  In real life you have to show up each day, do things that you don't necessarily enjoy or want to do.  It teaches you to work towards a goal and achieve success and move ahead.  In life most of us don't start out in the job that we "want" we have to start in a lower position and be patient, work hard and grow into the position that we want. 

In short school is set up to prepare students for real life!  It is a recipie for success.  But parents cannot undermine the process!  Dr. Phil you should have worked more with the partents and the child to get these points across. 

I would love to hear a follow up on this show now that its been 5 years.  Where is the young man now?

Replied By: younggrandma on Dec 6, 2013, 9:56AM
I just watched the re-broadcast of the 2008 episode where a young man (15 yrs old) was on the show with his parents because he believed high school was a waste of time and his dad agreed! 

Dr. Phil sympathized and then offered the child a reward if he kept his grades up.  That's all fine and well but a lot more should have been said. 

Such as:

Replied By: petdoc on Dec 3, 2013, 11:27PM
I absolutely love that Dr Phil and Robin have an agreement that they can never bring up the word divorce in a conversation when they discuss (or negotiate as he calls it) aspects of their relationship.  Too many people threaten a divorce or use it as an ultimatum when they don't get their way, or give up when times get tough.  If the concept of divorce is truly off the table, when problems arise a couple will work much more effectively at working  together and arriving at a solution.

Replied By: hammou on Nov 5, 2013, 6:27AM
The best comment i ever heard on a Dr. Phil show many years ago ago, was when he told about his own kids talking back at their mother.. They were in a car and Dr Phil turned around and said:

"You do NOT talk like that to my wife" !!!

Kids need to learn that mom is a person who deserves the same respect as everyone else. It starts with the parents showing eachother respect ;)

Replied By: talesi on Oct 1, 2013, 6:45PM
I have to say thanks to your show you saved my daughters life and our relationship.  There was an episode that you aired in which a young girl was involved in a domestic violence relationship but was determined to stay with her boyfriend.  The mother was beside herself and constantly in her daughters ear, not realizing that she was pushing her daughter away.  Which was exactly what I was doing. In the end the advice that Dr Phil gave to the mom was something I took to heart and owned my own actions as I realized I was helping the boyfriend in his quest to control and alienate my daughter from all her loved ones. So, I stopped with my words and loved with my actions and prayed like a mad women scared for her daughters life.  I kept my door open, had more family gatherings and even asked her to invite her boyfriend.  I did not want him around BUT I had to open the invitation to show signs of acceptance and to reiterate our love and open door to her.  She ended up moving out with her friend of which I was very close to.  Shortly after that she asked to come back home and I opened the door "no questions asked".  I cannot tell you how relieved I was.  I later learned that there were several incidents that she did not tell me about, she tried to get away from him with her new car and he shot at her, he was involved in criminal activity to include armed robbery as well as used drugs.  One night they got into a fight and he attacked her.  Her friend called the Police.  She was not going to press charges.  They found marijuana on him and used that to place him in jail.  Shortly after his release he went out with friends and they were involved in a house robbery that was rather violent.  they found him in the vehicle.  He is now in prison and my daughter has moved on.  But still broken. What I could not understand was why she felt she deserved to be treated in such a manner. In anycase, we missed that bullet...literally.  Now she is off on her own again and now I am concerned as to the characters she is choosing to live with.  So once again I have to let go and let God.       [Status] => Pending

Replied By: talesi on Oct 1, 2013, 6:43PM
I have to say thanks to your show you saved my daughters life and our relationship.  There was an episode that you aired in which a young girl was involved in a domestic violence relationship but was determined to stay with her boyfriend.  The mother was beside herself and constantly in her daughters ear, not realizing that she was pushing her daughter away.  Which was exactly what I was doing.
 In the end the advice that Dr Phil gave to the mom was something I took to heart and owned my own actions as I realized I was helping the boyfriend in his quest to control and alienate my daughter from all her loved ones.
So, I stopped with my words and loved with my actions and prayed like a mad women scared for her daughters life.  I kept my door open, had more family gatherings and even asked her to invite her boyfriend.  I did not want him around BUT I had to open the invitation to show signs of acceptance and to reiterate our love and open door to her.  
She ended up moving out with her friend of which I was very close to.  Shortly after that she asked to come back home and I opened the door "no questions asked".  I cannot tell you how relieved I was.  I later learned that there were several incidents that she did not tell me about, she tried to get away from him with her new car and he shot at her, he was involved in criminal activity to include armed robbery as well as used drugs.  One night they got into a fight and he attacked her.  Her friend called the Police.  She was not going to press charges.  They found marijuana on him and used that to place him in jail.  Shortly after his release he went out with friends and they were involved in a house robbery that was rather violent.  they found him in the vehicle.  He is now in prison and my daughter has moved on.  But still broken.
What I could not understand was why she felt she deserved to be treated in such a manner. In anycase, we missed that bullet...literally.  Now she is off on her own again and now I am concerned as to the characters she is choosing to live with.  So once again I have to let go and let God.   

Showing 1-10 of total 40 Comments