Twitter Facebook YouTube

Open House

This is the forum to talk about the issues that mean the most to you. From family and finances to parenting and relationships, what's on your mind? Share entertainment gossip or sound off about the latest news story. Want to get something off your chest about the show? Do you agree or disagree with Dr. Phil's advice to a guest? Come on in, kick off your shoes and make yourself at home!
Comments
Replied By: nccablegod on Feb 10, 2016, 9:17AM
Please excuse my poor grammar ..  I like some of your shows you do help people. But were you born on Mars?  Watching the show about teenagers fighting in school .. You said whats going on ??  Partner kids have been fighting in school in the 60's and 70's  I know I was there. I was bullied had my lunch money taken daily.  You sitting in your mountian top and asking experts what they think that learn in a safe clean enviroment .. 

This remeinds me of people writing diet books sitting home at a table looking up good things..  How about having a truck driver write a diet book. The everyday people don't sit and make food.. we have to eat and run ..  

In my day we were whipped with a wood paddle. Then I became a dad and I paddled the pamper so it did no damage. but if they acted up in public I took them to the car. I didn't have to lay a hand on them the thought made them cry .  My son turned 17 he mouthed off to me I said talk to me like that and I will punch you he looked at me and said "Try It ' So I grabbed him by his coat he was wearing and lifted him to the ceiling ..  He never disrespected me again .. He is now in his 6th years in the USAF that I push him in and he said it was the best thing I did for him ..

But kids fighting omg wake up where did you grow up candy land ...ask people from hard knocks advice .. ask the people in the trenches what is what not armchair experts 

Replied By: keachybean on Jan 9, 2016, 8:15PM - In reply to peaper
I haven't noticed that Phil holds Robyn's hand behind him. I'll look for it now and remark later but I did notice something about the walk off.

I just watched the show where Phil and Robyn did the walk off with Robyn's guest and I noticed for the first time that Phil walks like he's in horrible pain. I noticed it a bit before, but it seems to be getting worse. I know he hasn't had an easy life and has mentioned that he played football in school so he's been kicked around a bit. 

I wonder if he has ever mentioned anything on the show about it.

Just as an aside, can you imagine dealing with the type of people he sees every day while in pain?!

An amazing man.

Nan

Replied By: keachybean on Jan 9, 2016, 8:14PM - In reply to peaper
I haven't noticed that Phil holds Robyn's hand behind him. I'll look for it now and remark later but I did notice something about the walk off.

I just watched the show where Phil and Robyn did the walk off with Robyn's guest and I noticed for the first time that Phil walks like he's in horrible pain. I noticed it a bit before, but it seems to be getting worse. I know he hasn't had an easy life and has mentioned that he played football in school so he's been kicked around a bit. 

I wonder if he has ever mentioned anything on the show about it.

Just as an aside, can you imagine dealing with the type of people he sees every day while in pain?!

An amazing man.

Nan

Replied By: peaper on Nov 29, 2015, 5:41AM
OK this is a question for Dr Phil,I mainly watch your show on weekends and i  watch you and Robin walk off stage, I am not saying anything bad just would like other people see what i am seeing or if I am just silly. It seams to me that when you and Robin walk off stage  you hold her hand back like she could not walk ahead of you ,it is most likely just me and maybe you dont know that it looks this way,I am sorry if I have affended you or for being silly, Please dont judge me,i am one off those people who sometimes read more into things than I should LOL , Well thats all for now thank you for your time and I love your show.

Sincerly

Penny Ricketts

Replied By: lori9112000 on Nov 23, 2015, 11:01AM
Dear Dr. Phil,

I just watched a rerun of a 2011 episode on bossy husbands.   I was aghast at the  complete ASS that John made of himself.  This rerun was perfectly timed because I had been considering going back to school and pursuing a M.S. in forensic psychology.  I quickly realized that had I been in your chair next to John, I might have just hauled off and decked him.  So thanks to John I've decided to volunteer at the humane society instead. I would love to see John come back and have to sit quietly while every woman in that room (including Robin) get to respond to his pathological stupidity!

Replied By: vixonlady21 on Oct 19, 2015, 3:21PM - In reply to cummter
I totaly agree with your comments,this family seem to me to have had an easy life of money,travel,TV etc etc,all because they chose to have all those children,I saw one episode where the Father was making them peanut butter sandwiches for lunch and they seemed lacking in table manners.
I think it is time this family  washed any dirty linen in private,because I for one am totaly tired of hearing about them.
Years ago many families had a lot of children,but did not make a business from appearing on TV etc etc,they worked and got on as best they could,therefore I rest my case on the duggers,as the saying goes,what goes around comes around.

Replied By: cummter on Oct 6, 2015, 5:15PM - In reply to maggsie
I usually hate it when they start blaming the parents right off the bat, but this time I feel 100 percent it is the parents that made a mess of this family. Josh I see as a symptom of his parents seeking fame and fortune on TV and letting the kids police themselves. They homeschool and it makes me angry because I believe in homeschooling as well as traditional school. The girls that are about to be on TV sound so uneducated. As it turns out, Jessa Duggar is pregnant and does not even have a GED. How sad is that. She copies all this stuff from the bible telling everybody why they will be going to hell and she will not, and she does not even have a high school diploma. Arkansas apparently has no rules about homeschooling, but I would think the Duggars would have at least wanted their children to have a high school diploma. They should be ashamed of themselves..wanting to be on TV so desperately. Now these girls are both following in their parents footsteps and probably will have another pack of uneducated children, just what this country needs. Josh is a product of his parents glorifying sex and marriage. He might be a pedophile but he also might just be somebody who watched his parents tell him how great sex is once he is married. They groom their children young to get married. You can see you do not want to get me started on the Duggars. 

Replied By: cummter on Oct 6, 2015, 5:04PM
I half listened to a show on schooling...the different types... which I was not happy with. You obviously believe the only good school is traditional. It seems so simple. Any schooling works if the parents or guardians are involved. That mother that believes she has learning freely going on knew exactly how much her child is reading, what they are doing, where they are going. She is a very involved parent and is homeschooling no matter what she likes to think it is. I homeschooled my son when he was having trouble at school, but he had had a lot of friends in regular school and it was too much work to keep him motivated so i went back to the headaches with him and regular school (he was loud from being around 2 people almost deaf) so he would get yelled at a lot when he was younger especially. I do believe in traditional school, but that only is really successful if the parents are staying on top of things. It amazes me how many young people graduate with very low vocabularies and hardly read. My 8-year-old granddaughter reads way above her actual grade level but that is because all of us around her always from very young on encouraged books. The teachers only do so much. Homeschooled children have lots of opportunities to socialize if the parents make it happen, but only if they parents make it happen.

Replied By: sweetrose1974 on Sep 30, 2015, 4:47PM
I really enjoy the Dr. Phil shows when they stick to the subject matter - but when they start on something serious n then half-way through the show turn into something that is about promoting a Dr. Phil book or Robin's website or some other program somehow related to Dr. Phil it really upsets me. I understand it is Dr. Phil's show and Dr. Phil has the right to promote his products during his airtime but I also find it unfair both to the people that come to his show for help as a lot of their story is then cut out and it is also unfair to those ppl that try to make sure they make extra time in their day to see a certain show only to have it interupted by a promotion for one of his products instead of taking a few minutes at the end of the show or dedicating a show specifically for that.

Replied By: manicmuse on Sep 27, 2015, 8:13AM
I recently watched 2 episodes originally shown in December 2007. I really wanted to know what happened to this couple. After doing a little research I found that Wade Baker shot up a Methodist church, called 911 stating he had shot 4 people, and was subsequently shot and killed by the police. (He hadn't actually shot anyone - the church was empty) This was August 9, 2015. He and his wife Michelle had 9 children between them. He suffered from PTSD, and even had a trained companion dog to be with him. It sounds like he tried to work out his problems. It appeared he and Michelle were still married. So very sad. Wade Allen Baker rest in peace.

Showing 1-10 of total 211 Comments