CASA

Are you a Court Appointed Special Advocate? Were you inspired by Dr. Phil and Robin to become a CASA? Or, are you interested in becoming a CASA and want to meet others who have already started the journey? Share your experiences.

Read a firsthand account of what’s it’s like to be a CASA.
Comments
Replied By: jprhedd on Dec 11, 2015, 10:48AM
People who ado not know the entire case should not interfere. As a Senior Investigator I had the unpleasant experience of working with CASA who apparently are charged with returning the children to their parents regardless of how bad the situation is. Truants, educationally ignorant, filthy pigstyle of home, repeated lice and encouraging animal abuse. Way to go CASA.

Replied By: browneyes4 on Oct 24, 2014, 10:33AM
I was watching the Dr. Phil show yesterday where Dr. Phil was donating proceeds from his book for CASA.  I think that was a wonderful idea.  I do have another idea.  While searching for old Dr. Phil episodes, I realized that there are not any sites where I could watch full episodes.  So I started looking for places where I could purchase full seasons on DVD.  I didn't find anywhere that I could do that either.  I noticed other people posting that they were looking for the same.  I think it would be a great idea if all past seasons could be put onto DVDs andsold through the Dr. Phil store and some of the proceeds could go to CASA for these as well.  There are so many shows that I missed from years ago that I would love to see now.  I am sure that I am not the only one.  There are many other shows that a person can purchase full seasons of....why not the Dr. Phil show also?  I think it would be a great fundraiser for CASA also.

Replied By: scribewrite on May 23, 2013, 5:10PM
Volunteering was one of the best experiences of my life. However, I am looking to get certified as a parent educator, substance abuse counelsor, and a life coach. I would love to work with families in crisis. CASA volunteers make a huge difference, but I'm surprised that there aren't more organizations such as church groups and others who are willing to work with families with DSS involvement.

Showing 1-3 of total 3 Comments