Twitter Facebook YouTube

2012 Shows

Hollywood hopefuls Dalia, Nandra, Krissy, Hunter, Justice and Grant continue competing for luxurious prizes, including a new car, performing scholarships, a walk-on role on a major daytime soap opera and six months of free rent at a Los Angeles high-rise. Plus, Dr. Phil makes a house call to set the mothers straight. Do their kids want fame as much as they want it for them? And, do the families have a backup plan? Actress Florence Henderson and Dancing With the Stars great Derek Hough offer their expertise before the kids are put to the ultimate test: a talent show in front of a live studio audience. Watch as the children perform for a panel of celebrity judges -- and the winner is revealed! Does anyone crack under the pressure? And, do you agree with the judges' decision? Watch and weigh in!

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: kdagga28 on Jul 19, 2012, 5:19PM
I'm really disappointed that Dr. Phil did a show like this. This isn’t what I tune into the show to see. Besides that, stardom is a harsh, superficial world that isn’t the healthiest place for, well, anyone to be—especially not for a developing child. If Dr. Phil wants to touch on this subject, he should be talking with the stage parents who don't realize what impact their plans can have and put the brakes on those who are pushing their children along for all the wrong reasons.

Replied By: bobh31 on Jul 13, 2012, 1:54PM - In reply to wendyalane
I have to say first that I agree with you one hundred percent.  I personally have worked at several of the Movie studios as a plaster model maker and I also worked at Disneyland and I've know many child stars and adult proven stars.  Some of them I attended High School with while others I have ice-skated with and simply know as good friends but having worked in the industry, I know only too well how difficult it is to succeed.  I was asked to perform on my own TV show with Channel five way back when I was skating with Frosty Frolics as you can look up in the archives.  I wanted nothing to do with having my own show or even in partaking in a regular show as it takes up all of your time and is a very difficult road to hoe.  I have worked with Charleton Heston, just to mention one big star.  I personally was on the set at six in the morning while a number of the stars were already in makeup at three in the morning and we sometimes didn't quite shooting until nine or later at night.  They would have to go back home, study their lines, get a couple of hours of sleep and be back into makeup the next morning in preparation for shooting scenes at or near six AM.  That makes for a very long day and a very short night of rest.  I felt that those Mothers were trying to promote a hope in themselves because as you said, they knew absolutely nothing about training a child for that career, just hopeful thinking.  BobH

Replied By: dianemty on Jul 12, 2012, 11:34PM - In reply to lilydogdog
You are right!  There are 100 kids in my town that are more talented (and work harder) than most of those kids,  I think they got picked for the show because of the mom's - not the kids.

Replied By: dianemty on Jul 12, 2012, 11:28PM - In reply to joyfulwon
I am sorry about your family situation.  But I must say it was great to read your message.  You said what I was trying to say in a note I left about the first show and I got harrassed.  For some reason, when kids want to sing, dance, and/or act it is treated like a useless pursuit or that they do it because they think they are better than everyone else.  I HATE being on a stage and NEVER dreamed I would have a daughter that has proven to everyone who knows her that she is meant to be a performer.  She is the sweetest thing and at 12 yrs old works harder and is more determined than anyone (adult or child) that I know.  And performance art and entertainers bring so much joy to people's lives - why is it a negative to want to be the one on the stage?  Hmmm, maybe jealousy?????  ANyway - thank you for confirming that I am supporting my daughter by letting her take as much dance, vocal training, and acting lessons as she wants (as long as she keeps up her grades!).  I try to get her to not do so much but she begs and pleads.  But when she lights up the stage in a musical, I see that is where she belongs - she is lucky that she discovered her passion by 6 years old (if not earlier).  Heck, she gets more stressed deciding what to wear to school than starring in her school play!  The only thing that I feel bad about is that I am NOT really a stage mom so she will probably be doing local theatre until she's old enough to escape to NY!  (Although I would probably have to folllow her because I would worry too much)   Once again - thanks for understanding that some of us are following our kids dreams - not the other way around. 

Replied By: misswarner122 on Jul 12, 2012, 5:04PM
These kids are all cute kids. They are pretty ordinary though. The only one I felt had any charisma was Dalia and she didn't win. I actually felt embarrassed for these kids really. Their parnents were giving them advice but they have no experience or talent either. This show was a bummer.

Replied By: slparker_99 on Jul 12, 2012, 9:35AM
remined me of the upcoming presidential election....no good choice...could only pick the least bad

Replied By: kgpuppymom on Jul 12, 2012, 8:00AM - In reply to dayright77
I doubt if these Moms got the message.  They are pretty thick and self absorbed.  Glad I had neglectful parents.

Replied By: lab419 on Jul 12, 2012, 12:24AM
This was one of my least favorite shows.  Actually I turned it off half way through.  All of those children were precious God given gifts.  I think the intent was to teach moms to back off.  But at what expense?  The doc frequently says we need 100 atta boys for every negative.  Well those kids were given negative feedback and I didn't hear the 100 atta boys. Even Florence Henderson had some comments that made me cringe.  I'm all about being real.  I'm all about putting things in perspective.  Perhaps all that did happen behind the scenes.  But it certainly didn't come across like that.  Yuck!

Replied By: doedwards on Jul 11, 2012, 9:40PM
None of these kids seem to really want it. It seems like the moms want it more.

Replied By: primeau25 on Jul 11, 2012, 6:45PM
I cant believe that Dalia didnt get the  ommercial!!   She was way better, and so much more personable!

Showing 1-10 of total 36 Comments