Twitter Facebook YouTube

2012 Shows

(Original Air Date: 05/29/12) Ladies: Has your husband gone from stud to dud? Men: Has your wife gone from hot to not? Dr. Phil is joined by physicians in the health and beauty industry to bring you tips to get your body back in shape! First, Dr. Drew Ordon, co-host of the Emmy Award-winning daytime talk show, The Doctors, and author of the new book, Better in 7, published by The Doctors executive producer, Jay McGraw, shares some non-surgical treatments that may result in a flatter tummy, less cellulite, fewer wrinkles and more! Then, Amber says since the birth of her son nine months ago, she’s tried every over-the-counter product to lose her unsightly stretch marks. She says the blemishes make her feel self-conscious and that as a result, her sex life is suffering. Can Dr. Phil and Dr. Ordon help this new mom improve her self-image? Plus, learn some home remedies from Better in 7 that may help reduce dark circles, get clearer skin, and a better night’s sleep. And, Dr. Jeffry Life, author of The Life Plan, says that at 73, he’s in better shape than he was 40 years ago! Learn how he says he reversed the effects of heart disease and made a remarkable return to health. Plus, two wives say they are desperate for their husbands to lose weight. Can Dr. Life take them from chunk to hunk? And, hear what most men neglect that could be putting their health at risk. Tune in and log on to DrPhil.com for a chance to win one of the books featured on the show!

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: suzieqb2 on Aug 28, 2013, 2:52PM
I wish I had listened to my mother about my ex. What Dr Phil has stated is right on point. My only disagreement is that these two, Audrey and AJ SHOULD not marry. Even with counseling. I can see them getting counseling just for the sake of the children if nothing more tham to learn how to be better co-parent them. I have personally seen to many loved ones start out in relationships like this only to see them turn to phydical abuse. Mine included.

Replied By: kompagirl on Jul 28, 2012, 5:59PM - In reply to yelsha
I walked out of the room to go to the kitchen and missed the tips for acne. Can someone tell me what they were? I can't till my book arrive. Thanks

Replied By: sflamom on Jul 27, 2012, 8:01PM
I'm so thankful for today's show! I've struggled with stretch marks from a young pregnancy for 10 years now. Like the woman on the show, I've tried just about everything. It's hard not to be self conscience living in south Florida where every event is held at the beach. I can't wait to purchase this book and give it a go! Any improvement would be a blessing. Ooh what I'd give to see a day at the beach in just a suit. :)

Replied By: xomsprissxo on Jul 27, 2012, 2:56PM
I missed the tips he gave for stretch marks. I have never had kids but I have had stretch marks since I was young. I  have always been small. Im not skinny but I do not understand why I have these and have had then since I was younger. Is it dry skin maybe? That probably sounds crazy but I just want to know. I have them on my breast, my buttocks, my sides, between my shoulders...right where the underarm area is....that part of my shoulder/back and on the back of my legs at the knee area....oh yeah...thighs too....any suggestions???? I also have two corns I cant get rid of.....geez.

Replied By: quakerite on Jul 27, 2012, 12:51PM
Great show - but wish it had showcased a female counterpart to Dr. Life. For example, 74-year-old Ernestine JShepherd (http://ernestineshepherd.net/), the world's oldest female bodybuilder. She's amazing and a real inspiration.

Replied By: mcburda on Jul 27, 2012, 12:16PM - In reply to roxanne59
The people who are outraged at the young lady OBVIOUSLY have never been the target of verbal nor physical abuse.  We fight for survival our whole lives.  Our brain gets "trained" to continue the abuse even in the absence of the abuser. Try walking in those shoes.

Replied By: southphilly756 on Jul 27, 2012, 9:59AM
I lost 145 lbs., over a 3 yr. period, and is being kept off.  This weight loss is not from a book, cd's, dvr's, etc.  It all came down to the elimination and critical control of one thing, along with harmful fat, sodium, cholesterol levels,  and working close with my doctors. That one thing is what I call, "SUGAR FAT".  NO!!! You won't find it listed that way, but when sugar is matabolized in the body, from 'ANY SOURCE' whether it's from any fruits, soda, fruit drinks, candy, and anyother fresh and/or procsessed source, the body turns them into, and stores it as FAT.  Now in moderate levels it's not a problem.  BUT.... our obesity problem happens when we go around all day, and consume fuit, fruit and health drinks and bars, all yogurts, especially those containing fruit.  DON'T GET HUNG UP WITH DIETARY TUNNEL VISION.  We mostly concentrate on all pertinent lists of ingredients, but one, SUGAR, and the biggest area we fall so short on, is when we see products that say, 'SUGAR FREE'.   The fat content of these foods are very high.  Look for SUGAR FREE 'AND' LOW FAT.  I just saw, recently on Dr. Oz, that research has now found that OBESE FAT is like a living organ, that can produce FREE RADICALS, enlarge the major organs, like the lungs, liver,heart, kidneys, and can cause a slew of problems for these, along with strokes.  What started me on all this, is when my doctor, went over my physical test results.  I was an eye lash of being diabetic.  He placed me in a 5 session program, over three weeks,  for new diabetics.  I did everything (except insulin) that these new diabetics did, and when it was over, I thanked GOD that I still had a choice to make to make.  BUT... by the time all this started and the weight came off, and is still off, the damage from years of obesity was already done,  I had to have both of my knees replaced, I'm still being treated for herniated lumbar discs.  BUT.. all of this has never got me down, in fact, I made these my motivation to bike ride, stretches and light weight workouts everyday.  SUGAR DOES NOT BENEFIT THE BODY IN ANY WAY, NO MATTER WHAT YOU'VE HEARD.  And where does this all start, WITH OUR CHILDREN AND US----NOW.   OH!  So you want to be in control....well....you are, with this SLOW DEATH WISH LIFE STYLE, because the doctors ofifices, hospitals and cemeteries are full of people who WERE in control.

Replied By: roxanne59 on Jul 27, 2012, 4:10AM
I was watching the show yesterday where the judge was beating his daughter. First, I think most people who are caught doing this are jailed these days. But I guess that would be because they are poor. Secondly, the mother tried that crying jag, I guess she didn't know that she didn't have any real tears coming out. So I think she was more upset with getting caught joining in. Her daughter has either bought that lie or she is still to young to know that her mother was doing what she wanted and not regretting it. I was subject to beatings every week. I had 3 siblings, none of which got the thorough beatings that I suffered at the hands of my father. In the days when I grew up I thought that was normal. The same things were happening to all my friends.The fact that the daughter seemed very amused by some of these things. She laughed quite often. I wonder what the laughter was about. I don't laugh at all when I think back on those days. She should also be glad tha her father didn't drive horses for a living. The beating options become wider rangedd. The one I saw the most was a horse whip. So maybe that was what she was smiling about. She diidn't have to suffer any more than she did. Thanks

Replied By: sten27 on Jun 4, 2012, 12:15PM
I'm glad these remedies are making it into the mainstream, but Naturopathic Physicians, chiropractors and acupuncturists have been using these for eons. It's not new information, but somehow when an MD writes a book about it, it's considered brilliant. When are we going to hear from credible Naturopathic Physicians on this show? Prevention and integrative medicine is their specialty and it is a common misconcenption that Naturopathic Physicians are not "real doctors" when in fact they went to accredited medical schools just like MDs and DOs.

Replied By: ashurr on May 31, 2012, 7:01PM - In reply to suchaklutz
I know that you said you think its "Strange" that I said I didn't know..... but NO after one child I didn't think I would be left with this many stretch Marks... I didn't think I could have a baby  and have ZERO stretch marks or imperfections but I didn't think just after one I would be left with so many.... especially after I tried every precaution to prevent stretch marks....  If you  were better prepared on how your body was going to look like after having a baby then more power to you.. You didn't have to go through the struggles that  I did and I think that is AWESOME!!!!!      hoefully you still enjoyed the show!!!

It was great to see the other home remedies that worked too!!!!!

Showing 1-10 of total 45 Comments