Twitter Facebook YouTube

2012 Shows

(Original Air Date: 05/25/12) Psychics, mediums, numerologists … Do you believe people can see auras and receive messages from the other side? Dr. Phil’s panel of well-known experts -- psychic and cosmic coach Dougall Fraser, spiritual medium Rebecca Rosen, numerologist Glynis McCants and intuitive counselor Colette Baron-Reid -- say they have paranormal instincts and can prove it. Watch as they perform readings with Dr. Phil’s guests and the studio audience -- are their insights accurate? Then, Jim Underdown, “professional skeptic” and founder of Independent Investigations Group, which scientifically tests paranormal claims, says he can disprove psychic ability and that he believes mediums take advantage of people’s grief in an effort to make money. Will a staged social experiment support or challenge his claims? And, do we all possess the ability to read others? Find out! Plus, hear from a neuroscientist who says she can prove supernatural abilities are real. Are you a believer? Tune in and weigh in!

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: ienjoymylife on Dec 13, 2012, 8:53AM
I would say that it is through that some people have contact with the spirits who tell them things no one knows. I started my self as a psychic when I was 16 years and I still work as a medium.

I always say to people who visit me that they may not tell me anything when they are on the phone for planning a meeting. They may tell me their name and at the same time I have them on the phone I already do know why they want to make an appointment with me.

I always say to people that I trust my gift and when I tell them something I know that what I tell is true.

The four I saw on the show are also real. The woman who works with the numbers is good as well with the numbers. 

It is that I live that far away in the Netherlands, but I dearly would join the show by Dr. Phil and I would love to be in his show as a medium telling things to people witch those people only know themselves.

Peter Peersman.

Replied By: alphak555 on Sep 4, 2012, 8:22PM
The numerology woman was disturbing and the most unbelievable of the bunch!  Far too vague and obnoxious! 

Replied By: madtomflint on Aug 9, 2012, 3:18AM - In reply to davidlchen99
I have no problem with Christians who say they want to be in tune with what God is saying to them.  I'm also okay with Christians who look to The Bible for guidance and inspiration.

However, it comes down to whether you are going to follow all the rules of a book or if you are going to follow your heart.  In the end, I think it is more important to follow your heart.

If your heart says psychics aren't real and the Bible is the only authority, then please continue following the principles of your Holy Law.  A religion is only as powerful as your belief in it.

However, if your heart tells you psychics can be real, then maybe you should do some more research into the subject.  You can only discover something new if you keep an open mind.

I also have no problem with Christians or Christianity, except that in most cases I know a lot more about their religion than they do. But, with all due respect; what do you mean when you say, "follow your heart." Does that mean intuition? Conscience? Emotion? Feelings?  Your heart will lie to you. In my experience, your brain is a much more faithful guide than your heart. Your intuition and subconscious both reside within the logical mind, not the "gut instinct." And the logical mind will always tell you that psychics are frauds. Psychics rely on people's emotions, play on people's emotions, to sell their show. It's that emotional exhilirating feeling that helps people disregard the 100 times the psychic was wrong, before he/she stumbled upon a good guess.

Replied By: madtomflint on Aug 9, 2012, 3:09AM - In reply to shoshanna
If you believe that God knows the future, it's because He is omnipresent. He exists in the past, present, and future all at once. Satan is NOT omnipresent, and therefore cannot know the future.

Replied By: madtomflint on Aug 9, 2012, 3:07AM
     Unbelievable. It is simply unbelievable to me that Dr. Phil, who I have the utmost respect for as a professional, would promote these charlatans for the purposes of entertainment. For a man who says he has a "healthy level of skeptecism" to allow the editors to do what they did is egregious. The way they edited the videos to make the psychics look so accurate. Then to allow these people to actually dispense medical advice!!! Even Dr. Phil himself said that he would hesitate to give medical advice, even with all of his training; and these so-called psychics and "counselors" have no training whatsoever!

My first question to the sassy, jolly numerologist would be, "How many times have you won the lottery?" If her answer is anything less than 1 then she has absolutely no credibility. Of course, she would say some junk about using her powers for the benefit of others blah blah blah. Fine. How many times has she helped someone else win the lottery? Or won the lottery and donated the winnings to charity?

Oh, and by the way; how in the world did that psychic lady EVER know that either of those guys was gay???  Wow! She MUST be in touch with the spirits, right? Please...   Ray Charles could've seen that they were gay!

Overall, I object to this episode because Dr. Phil himself is a "life strategist." So, for him to promote these people as "guides" or "counselors" demeans his credibility, as well.

Replied By: shoshanna on Aug 1, 2012, 8:59AM - In reply to lsterling
Satan must know some of the future. Look at the book of Job.  Satan knew that certain things were going to happen to Job because he had permission to make them happen.  What he DIDN'T know was that God would use it for good in the end.  Prophethalf God had to be right 100% of the time or else...

Replied By: shoshanna on Aug 1, 2012, 8:56AM - In reply to davidlchen99
The heart is deceitfuland the Bible trumps "feelings."

Replied By: stv168a on Aug 1, 2012, 8:07AM
I do believe people can receive from other side depending on who he or she allows to control his/her mind or the source of power exhbited.  Mostly people receives power from outside world or demonic power to read into the mind of people. They might be able to read your mind, tell you some weird stuff about your past, but they lack power of solution-can not give solution out of your problem. Such power does not come cheap. There are some that just perform tricks by manipulation-playing with technology or by hypnotising- psycologist.

Replied By: cleicht on Aug 1, 2012, 7:45AM
Psychics do have supernatural abilities, and they sometimes acknowledge the aid of intelligent spirits (which are really demons) who know the lives of others because it is part of their satanic assignment. 

If you seek truth more than money, read the bible.  There's plenty in it of what demons don't want you to know about them; and the stakes are rather high. 

Replied By: cleicht on Aug 1, 2012, 6:29AM - In reply to davidlchen99
Thoughtful posting. 

The only thing I'd like to say to influence you is that psychics do have the ability to know things about people, but it is due to their unwitting partnership with what the bible calls a 'familiar spirit'.  This is a demon (which is defined as an intelligent spirit), who like Satan himself, comes to us as an angel of light.

Showing 1-10 of total 190 Comments