Twitter Facebook YouTube

2012 Shows

(Original Air Date: 05/16/12) At 19, Monet Monico was fast becoming an acting and singing sensation, opening for teen heartthrob Jesse McCartney and appearing on Disney’s The Suite Life of Zack and Cody and Nickelodeon’s Zoey 101. But just two years later, Monet’s family says the Hollywood hopeful has gone from promising young talent to homeless heroin addict, and they’re desperate for help. Monet’s mother, Diane, says she believes her daughter turned to drugs and alcohol to cope with her father's death and has been on a downward spiral ever since. Diane says she promptly put Monet in rehab, but after the now 21-year-old checked herself out and relapsed -- four times -- she kicked her out of the house, and Monet has been living on the streets with her addict boyfriend, Chris. Monet’s family gets a firsthand look at what a typical day is like for the young couple as Dr. Phil cameras follow them in their desperate quest to find their next fix. Then, don’t miss what happens when Monet and Chris face her family for the first time in six months on Dr. Phil’s stage. If given another chance at sobriety, will she take it?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: gabriel19 on Oct 23, 2012, 9:25PM
I'm really wanting to know how she's going in rehab. Pleaseeeeeee

Replied By: angela78peck on Sep 3, 2012, 7:48PM - In reply to oklahomaokie
I AM DYING TO KNOW HER UPDATE AS WELL.

Replied By: hawaiikaren on Aug 30, 2012, 11:49AM
I am 55 now, and i was doing the same drug with my bf i was with from age 16 till age 20.  i too had tough love mom whom i didn't speak with for about 2 years, and i stayed with my bf in various places including for a short time with his mom (who was less tough love).  We spent everyday consumed with how to get drugs, yes i used the needle, yes i fell out, yes he hated me being involved yet we got high together, yes i received a felony charge for using also. 
Now that I am 35 years away from that life style, i am a professional, against drugs, and with grown children.
There comes a time in your life that you realize you are not walking the path God intended, and you must travel alone to your destiny.  i separated from my bf to change my life, he did not get clean even though he wanted and tried.  I even fell back in with him on many nights after separating, only appearing to sleep with him (not for drug use), leaving before dawn with both of us crying. 
I cried during your show it brought so many memories of pain of separation, but i can never imagine myself living that lifestyle as an adult over the past 35 years.  I still have a picture of myself and my bf on my fb profile picture, i still miss him to this day.  Unfortunately, he died before he turned 21 in a car accident while under the influence. 
I hope the best for both of those two kids, and anyone who judges them with a low opinion is sorely without knowlege on this subject.

Replied By: tnev24 on Aug 30, 2012, 10:40AM - In reply to giomarii
I think it was pretty apparent that Monet's mother cares and loves for her very much. How do you know about their finances? If her mother didn't care for her, I doubt she would have brought their story to Dr. Phil.

Replied By: oklahomaokie on Aug 29, 2012, 11:29PM
I truly pray that Monet is clean and sober. Since the original air date there has been no updates what-so-ever on Monet...not even on her official FaceBook page or through a Google search. I am concerned for her..Viewers are concerned for her. If Dr. Phil is planing a update on Monet it will be the number one show update I am looking forward too. (((HugsForMonet)))  I also pray Chris is sober as well.  :)

Replied By: missjordan899 on Aug 29, 2012, 4:31PM
To say I'm shocked and saddened by this story is a complete understatement. My stomach is in knots, tears in my eyes. My thoughts and prayers are with Monet, Diane and the rest of their family. I hope there is an update on Monet's condition soon and I pray to God it's a positive update. 

Diane, if you're reading this and know who I am, I send you many prayers! Though people lose touch with each other, I've very often thought and wondered how you two have been. All I can do is PRAY and hope your lives will be once again as they were; as a happy family.

BLESSINGS to Monet and her family,
-jordan<3 

Replied By: patty360 on Aug 29, 2012, 4:07PM
Seems Chris got thrown under the bus. Is he not worthy of receiving help, too?

Replied By: merrytimes49 on Aug 29, 2012, 3:39PM
I agree that most times interventions don't work.  Many years ago I entered a treatment center because I felt so much shame over my drunken behaviour with friends at a party, all of whom were non-drinkers or very light drinkers.  Two months out of the treatment center I replapsed and it wasn't until 5 years later when I hit my personal rock bottom on my hands & knees begging God to help me that I began my recovery. 
 I'm really interested to know how the couple on today's show are doing so hope Dr Phil does an update show over Season 11. 

Replied By: blade2509 on Aug 29, 2012, 3:35PM
My daughter was just  like this little girl. Now she is in prison . She is a pretty 22 year old . and my problem is when she gets out of prison i dont know whats gonna happen. Her Dad and I are scared out of our minds. We know she needs rehab but we know the state of CA doesnt do that . We know we cant put her through rehab. And she knows she is an addict and she is scared aswell we have done everything we can do for her, we love her but we have no idea whats gonna happen . She still has at least 18 months in prison and hopefully she gets the education she needs but shes not so sure its gonna happen. thanks for listening , Robin

Replied By: ohpuleeze on Aug 29, 2012, 3:23PM - In reply to dreas57
As a recovering crack addict with 7 years of sobriety, I know that if I had been "intervened on" and forced to part with my drug doing boyfriend, things would have probably gotten much worse.  I would have lost all my trust in people and probably run away from everything. I needed to figure it out on my own.

Also - what do you think of the videos they show of the drug use? It really bothers me that they show that stuff.

Thanks!

Showing 1-10 of total 117 Comments