Twitter Facebook YouTube

2012 Shows

Two families desperate to find their missing children reach out to Dr. Phil for help. First, 2-year-old Bianca disappeared while in the care of her father, D’Andre. He says he was carjacked and she was taken with the car. Hear from Bianca’s mother, Banicka, and why, despite suspicion that D’Andre may have been involved in her daughter’s disappearance, she won’t point the finger at him. Then, Josh hasn’t seen his son, Trenton, since he vanished more than five years ago. At the time, Josh and his estranged wife, Melinda, were fighting a custody battle, and the 2-year-old was in her care. One week after his disappearance, Melinda committed suicide. Did she take answers about Trenton’s whereabouts to her grave? What do her suicide notes reveal? Josh says he believes Melinda’s parents, Beth and Jerry, knew Melinda was unstable. Does he blame them for not preventing her death? What do they know about Trenton's disappearance? Hear why Josh claims they're working against him to find his son. And, see what happens when both sides of the family meet for the first time on Dr. Phil’s stage. Can Dr. Phil help them put their differences aside and work together to find Trenton?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: np03340 on Apr 29, 2012, 11:26PM
I'm afraid I was left a little wanting for more information.  What has been done so far and are either families in touch with law enforcement as to status of investigation?

I was also appalled at the maternal grandfather - he looked like a schlump - and his biggest concern was who had the most to gain by the disappearance of this young boy.  Actually, both maternal grandparents seemed a bit looney to me.  I don't care how I got the $$$ - I would manage to go see my grandchild somehow, someway.  Were they estranged from their daughter?  Was she adopted and had issues because of that?  What was her history as a child?  If they knew she had problems, i.e. cutting - why didn't they get custody of the child so that he wouldn't be in a dysfunctional environment???  MORONS!

Of course, the focus of the show was to bring awareness to the public via the Dr. Phil viewers - and I applaud those efforts on your staff's part for choosing this subject.

However, maybe I like the drama, but I would have liked to have had a little more detail about the background of the disappearance, as well as of both sides of the family.

Replied By: isaac18 on Apr 29, 2012, 3:59PM - In reply to fenwaypark9
i do think the mother of trenton is responsible  for the child being missing. she got rid of him, seeing her parents gave me the chills. although i dont think josh and his family seemed normal either, something really odd about him and his mama. i dont agree with dr phil  the mom and son josh seemed strange, something isnt right about any of it. either she killed the boy or theyve done something w him. i wouldnt rule out either!

Replied By: marinemom1962 on Apr 27, 2012, 10:19PM
I was so impressed with the interview with Bianca's mom. My heart goes out to her and I am praying for a happy ending ...

Replied By: sue3mom on Apr 26, 2012, 6:27PM
I believed the father was guilty when I watched the show. He left the car running with the door open hoping someone would steal it right away. His refusal to be on the show also convinced me. When I looked for an update online, I wasn"t suprised he was charged with her murder. I hope they find her body so the mother can have some closure.

The second part made me mad! The grandparents are awful!! The grandfather was acting weird trying to blame his son-in-law. I think they knew their daughter was unfit and arranged to have someone take her child from her. I hope he is found safe. What are we doing to our children these days? It is so sad!!

Replied By: personality529 on Apr 26, 2012, 11:35AM - In reply to cassieburton
I must have missed the grandmother saying that being i was so frusterated watching wow that is something to think about now !

Replied By: cassieburton on Apr 26, 2012, 11:00AM - In reply to personality529
I FEEL JUST THE OPPOSITE I THINK THE GRANDMOTHER ON HER SIDE KNOWS SOMETHING BECAUSE SHE SAID I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN WITH CUSTODY WHEN HE COMES HOME.  I TOOK THAT TO MEAN SHE KNOWS THE BABY IS NOT REALLY GONE AND SHE KNOWS WHERE HE IS AND THE GRANDFATHER KIND OF CREEPED ME OUT.  JUST SAYING SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT

Replied By: cassieburton on Apr 26, 2012, 10:55AM - In reply to proudmama24
WHAT STRUCK ME AS ODD WITH THE GRANDMOTHER IN THE SECOND STORY....FIRST OF ALL NOT EVEN MEETING HER GRANDDAUGHTER.  THEN SHE MADE THE COMMENT ABOUT "I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN WITH THE CUSTODY MATTER WHEN AND SHE SAID WHEN THE BABY COMES HOME  MAKES ME THINK SHE KNEW THE BABY WAS ALIVE.  JUST SAYING SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT

Replied By: personality529 on Apr 26, 2012, 7:23AM - In reply to proudmama24
I HAVE TO AGREE WHAT WITH YOU SAID I DO BELEAVE THAT THE FATHER KNOWS SOMETHING ESPECIALLY IF HE TALKED TO HER 3TO4 TIMES A WEEK SHE HAD TO SAY SOMETHING ABOUT SOMEONE.HE SEEMS LIKE HE IS TRYING TO BLAME THE OTHER GRANDMOTHER BECAUSE HE IS THE ONE HIDEING SOMETHING,AND HE DIDNT EVEN SHED A TEAR IM SORRY BUT IF THAT WAS MY DAUGHTER I DONT CARE HOW MANY YEARS IT HAS BEEN ID STILL BE CRYING SO I THINK HE SHOULD BE INVESTAGATED MORE.

Replied By: mochabear on Apr 26, 2012, 7:16AM
I just wanted to express my deepest condolences for the pain that you are suffering.  I cannot imagine feeling like my child is out in the world alive somewhere and not with family.  I will pray for you and your family.  May peace come into your life in whatever form God provides.  Sincerely, Tracy

Replied By: niccicook on Apr 25, 2012, 9:15PM
Dr. Phil, 

I just wanted to say thank you for getting Bianca's story out there. I am a mother of 3 and I often tell my children that they need to practice good safety habits. However, its hard for them to understand my concerns because when they turn on the TV they almost never see faces like theirs. Because of the choice that the mainstream media outlets make to not broadcast the stories of missing minority children, it often gives our children a false sense of safety. They tend to think that its only caucasion children that bad things happen to and as we both know that is far from the truth. 

I am very pleased Dr. Phil that you have chosen not to fall in line with the rest of the media outlets. By broadcasting Bianca's story you have set yourself and your show apart from the rest.

My prayers go out to both of the families on today's show and every other family in the world missing a child or loved one.

Showing 1-10 of total 35 Comments