Twitter Facebook YouTube

2012 Shows

When Lisa was 36, she says she fell in love with her sons’ 14-year-old friend, Adrian, became pregnant with his child and married him shortly after his 15th birthday. The next day, the new bride was arrested for statutory rape. While serving a two-year sentence, Lisa gave birth to their son, who was put under the guardianship of a friend. Seven years later, the couple is still together and raising their second child while Adrian, now 21, works toward earning his high school diploma. Lisa says she understands why others may object to their relationship, but insists their love is real, and says all they want is to regain custody of their first child. Find out what’s keeping them from being a complete family. Then, former Arizona gubernatorial candidate Cary Dolego made international headlines when he went overseas in search of a bride, but says he ended up alone, penniless and living on the streets of Ukraine. Where did he go wrong? Despite his negative experience, find out why Cary says he won’t give up on international love. Plus, former Dr. Phil guest and co-founder of the international dating website, AForeignAffair.com, John, and his wife, Tanya, offer Cary tips on finding a bride.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: friedwonton87 on Jun 25, 2012, 11:34PM

Cary, I don't see what is the problem with men finding love overseas. I don't know why men who go overseas to find love are considered misogynistic, fat, losers, socially awkward etc. Maybe, a small handful are like that, however, for many men it is just a preference. Some men like Russian Women, some men like South American women, and some like Chinese women. It is just a preference,  just like some of you like Mexican food, others of you don't, some of you like Indian food, while others of you don't and so on.

Personally, I would definitely love to marry a woman from Hong Kong, not because I want some maid or some trophy. It is because I can relate to her more due to my preferences than I would to an American woman.   

I'm an American Born Chinese (ABC) of Cantonese descent, who loves the Chinese culture. (My parents are from Hong Kong) My aunt tells me that I take on more Chinese characteristics than American characteristics. First off, I love Cantonese food, especially Congee, dim sum, and Hong Kong style food. I prefer this over American style food, like the stuff at Cheesecake Factory or McDonalds etc. Second, unlike the majority of ABCs who mainly prefer to speak in English, I love to speak Cantonese to my parents, relatives, and friends who can speak the language. In fact, I insist on speaking Cantonese at home with my relatives and friends who can speak the language and only English at work or with acquaintances. My dad thought I was nuts for insisting that Cantonese be mainly spoken in the house. I also love to read Chinese and to write in notes to myself in Chinese, which is very atypical of an ABC. Third, I love to watch Hong Kong shows and Cantonese speaking TV shows much more than American TV shows. Finally, I love Hong Kong environment and it would be my dream to live there someday.

Now does that make me a loser, a weirdo or some socially awkward nut? Of course not, it is just my lifestyle preference. These things click with me and not stuff here in the U.S.A. I love America, however, there are things here that don't click with me. It will definitely makes my chances of getting married in America extremely slim, but hey I know my preferences, and what I want in a woman. 

We all have different likings and lifestyles and they often shape us in what we want in a spouse.  Could I go with a woman, born and raised in the U.S? Sure I definitely can, but I wouldn't, not because I don't like American women, but because I know in my heart, I would not be compatible with them due to my likings. 

The bottom line is, just because you don't prefer American women if you are an American man doesn't equate you with being a loser. Yes there are women in America, but does that mean I'm automatically compatible with them? In fact, for me, I would actually be better off I didn't marry an American woman who had very different interests from me.  I would love to have American women as friends, but in terms of girlfriend, I would want one that is very close to what I want.

Replied By: alphak555 on Jun 25, 2012, 5:25AM
Carey, do one thing, tell the women in the Ukraine that you don't have any money and see how far you get?

Replied By: alphak555 on Jun 25, 2012, 5:20AM
Men like Carey make me sick! They don't realize that all of the women from eastern Europe, Thailand etc. just want a meal ticket! These women are very good at manipulating idiots like Carey! I think that he would get a shock if he knew what these women think of this type of man and what would happen if she actually went to America with him! What is wrong with these men? They seem to want someone to look after them and provide sex and be submissive! He is so stupid! You have nothing in common and don't even know each other! Any man who can't find someone in their own country is desperate and that really shows and women pick up on that! It's really creepy! Both the men and the women that do thisa disgust me as I hate users both men and women! Maybe these men deserve these women!

Replied By: kayla_1123 on Apr 24, 2012, 7:00PM
When I watched this show I thought it was completely inappropriate and wrong in MANY ways.! In my mind I couldn't believe a mother would do this and marry her kids friend then have sex with the boy and have kids... WHO DOES THAT!. I meant come on... That's wrong and incredibly gross not to mention against the law...This show made me really sick very speechless at the same time. I don't have children nor am I married or in a relationship atm but I sure as hell WOULD never ever in my life do what that woman did. I'd shoot myself...YUCK!

Replied By: schizophrenic on Apr 16, 2012, 5:38PM - In reply to mikesb
Hi, my name is Grace.  I read your reply, and I was not aware that women are not held up to statutory rape laws.  I know women have gone to jail for having sex with minors in some states, but I did not know there are many states that do not have this as law on their books.  Thank you for enlightening me.  It is sad that there is so much inconsistancy from state to state. I would think statutory rape should be a federal offence and therefore not escapeable of punishment by women or men in any state.  Take care. 

Replied By: tyler1 on Apr 6, 2012, 10:04AM - In reply to acalifgal
Oh dear, this made me so sad. Listen forget about what's his name. He doesn't want a 45yr old women with any wisdom or sense. He wants a 20yr old who wears toddler sized clothing.  He doesn't want her to be very smart, because if she was she wouldn't stroke his ego, look up to him or be his personal slave. 

The fact that you even think he'd be right for you tells me your picker's off. And has probably been so your whole adult life. If it wasn't you'd have a man by now.    I see from your photo you're still beautiful.  One of the best ways (I think) to meet a man is to go on meetup.com.  It is not a dating site. It is a site for various groups, hiking, biking, movies, spiritualist's, over 40's, over 50's, etc., vegan's, yoga, dogs, flashmob's, ladies groups, etc. They also have singles groups, for various ages. All like minded folks looking for someone to share thier life with. It's based everywhere in the US. Go online and join a few groups to make some new like minded friends and meet a good man who wants kids with a beautiful, intelligent 45 yr old woman!  

No more Debbie Downer. As Greg Behrendt  the comedian says, "Don't waste the pretty"!

Now get out there girl!

Replied By: tyler1 on Apr 6, 2012, 9:39AM - In reply to lanna89
Best post I've read all day. Simple, honest and to the point.

Replied By: tyler1 on Apr 6, 2012, 9:38AM - In reply to vanitygoddess
I honestly didn't feel that way at all.   I mean it's not like we were losing a good one ya know.  I wouldn't want anyone who didn't want me. I say good riddance and thin the herd and leave us the good ones...

Replied By: tyler1 on Apr 6, 2012, 9:32AM - In reply to luv2knit944
Not true at all. I've been HAPPILY married for 20yrs to the same man and I'm an ATHEIST. Such a rediculous thing to say. And to add there are plenty of atheist marriages that are also very happy!

Replied By: raeme67 on Apr 3, 2012, 8:25PM
14?? Was she insane? I can not even conceive of being flattered by the attentions of someone this young!   Passionate? You mean horny, don't you? I would tell that kid to get his hormones in check or a restraining  order will be issued against him.

It is always the adult who has the obligation to say,"No" 

Showing 1-10 of total 74 Comments