Twitter Facebook YouTube

2012 Shows

(Original Air Date: 04/03/12) Is your marriage headed down the aisle of divorce? Denise says she and her husband of two years, Rick, are physically abusive, constantly argue, rarely have sex and are in so much debt, they're struggling to pay the bills and keep food on the table for their five children. Denise claims Rick is controlling, deceitful and may be facing prison time for money-related charges. Rick says Denise is just as much to blame for their marriage's meltdown. He claims she threatens to sleep with other men and enables her mother, Sandy, to instigate their arguments. Hear why Sandy says she refuses to stop intervening. Is she a meddling mom, or justified in worrying about her daughter's safety? You may be surprised by Dr. Phil's advice for this family. Plus, learn the six quickest ways Dr. Phil says couples ruin their marriages. Is your relationship at risk?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: highonfire2010 on Apr 5, 2014, 3:35PM
you could wrtite a book about issues of issues of marriage just well being nice

Replied By: highonfire2010 on Jan 19, 2014, 4:58AM
i dont want to be like this

Replied By: dreamingstill on Jul 21, 2012, 12:12AM - In reply to mcarmichael
The book, "Why Does He Do That?" by Lundy Bancroft might be helpful to you:http://books.google.com/books?id=xEZIpu3SVvcC&printsec=frontcover&dq=why+does+he+do+that?&hl=en&src=bmrr&ei=LgI6Tbz-O47ksQOZ0OiuAw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CC4Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false, and another book by Karen McAndless Davis, "When Love Hurts": http://books.google.com/books?id=qBFdlUnxmkkC&printsec=frontcover&dq=when+love+hurts&source=bl&ots=QhwvD0nrtC&sig=jhuabbdvJtzxE5VSFC6rp90MKoo&hl=en&sa=X&ei=yD0KUJ-hNIfIrQHjybyhCg&ved=0CDoQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=when%20love%20hurts&f=false.  On Facebook there's a group called: Broken And Beautiful

Replied By: foxy420 on Jul 20, 2012, 11:15PM - In reply to artemisia
Glad you got out when you did. Continue to stay strong for your children & yourself. Don't let him take any more of your life away from you. Sending a hug for strength during the trial process. I know first hand how difficult it can be.

Replied By: dreamingstill on Jul 20, 2012, 10:18PM - In reply to artemisia
I appreciate your comment. I'm wondering - how did you find out she was out? I just saw the show for the first time tonight 07/20/12, but would like to know if there is more information now so many months later? (I noticed the show first aired april 2012).  Thank you.

Replied By: dreamingstill on Jul 20, 2012, 10:06PM
The husband on this show today was clearly a Domestic Violence Abuser. He has all the classic signs, his behaviors were all typical of abusers, interfering with her relationships, finances, phone, ordering the children in an unreasonable manner, blaming her for everything and more. Usually Dr. Phil is more forth-right about family violence, what happened with that this time?

Replied By: lodimary on Jul 20, 2012, 6:45PM
Hopefully, this isn't posting twice.  I do not think either of them could see things from the other's perspective.  That Rick seems like a big jerk.  Controlling.  I could see him as one to get violent.  He is one of those folks who blames everything on anyone and everyone, except himself.  And I doubt it if he could admit he was wrong about anything.  Sounds to me like they need a relationship with Jesus.  He is THE peacemaker.

Replied By: lodimary on Jul 20, 2012, 6:41PM
I didn't think either could see it from the other's perspective.  That aired originally in April of this year, what has happened since then.  What about the criminal charges against Rick?

Replied By: southphilly756 on Jul 20, 2012, 6:23PM - In reply to joncon
I was not commenting on this story.  I was replying to someone, who was commenting to this story and added an additional comment  about the story of a soldier, who was beaten by his wife.

Replied By: artemisia on Jul 20, 2012, 4:59PM - In reply to haileywoo9
All I can say is wow and I am so glad you got out of that situation. Take care.

Showing 1-10 of total 165 Comments