Twitter Facebook YouTube

2012 Shows

(Original Air Date: 03/12/12) Moms who say they’re being falsely accused of child abuse ask Dr. Phil to help clear their names. First, Stacy, 33, and her live-in boyfriend, Eric, 30, deny accusations that they burned Stacy’s then 3-year-old daughter, Hannah, with cigarettes in October 2010. Both were arrested and spent a week in jail after they claim a doctor’s report led to police filing charges against them. The couple says the local media has painted them as villains, and with each facing up to five years in prison, they say they’re desperate to prove their innocence. Dr. Phil enlists the help of polygraph expert Jack Trimarco. Don’t miss the results! Then, Kerry claims her 27-year-old daughter, Christina, is an angry, unfit mother who physically abuses her 6-year-old grandson, and Kerry fears her 1-year-old grandson will be next. She says she has reported Christina to Child Protective Services four times. Christina admits she has anger issues but vehemently denies hurting her children. What’s the source of her rage? Are Christina’s kids in danger, or is there something deeper at play in this mother-daughter feud? Dr. Phil gets to the heart of the matter. It’s an emotional hour you won’t want to miss!

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: maling on Aug 3, 2012, 5:56PM
I often hear Dr. Phil say he will contact CPS if he ever feels a child is in danger.  Fair enough, but I often wonder if he's ever looked into CPS.  Is he aware of the damage that agency is capable of doing to a family - children and parents?  Without much thought or concern they can harm children, destroy families, reputations, etc., etc.

Replied By: southphilly756 on Aug 2, 2012, 8:40PM
ABUSED, NEGLECTED, ABANDONED, FORGOTTEN CHILDREN, WILL GIVE BIRTH TO, AND DO THE SAME TO THEM AS WAS DONE TO THEM.  No! This isn't an iron clad guarantee for all such persons, as these, some overcome these, and go on to become loving, caring parents.   Just some.  Look, these are the most vicious of cycles, that has been around since Adam and Eve's children, Cain & Abel.                            The most tragic part of all this, is that these cycles could have been broken, at any time, during these thousands of years, but wasn't.  WHY?                                                                                                           The lack of committed, unconditional faith in GOD, because HE is a cycle breaker, ONLY if we allow HIM to be.                                                         If not, then hopefully you'll be able to grab the brass ring, as the 'VICIOUS CYCLE GO ROUND' - ''Goes around and comes around''.                                                              Have plenty of Dramamine on you.

Replied By: kathleen27 on Aug 2, 2012, 8:09PM - In reply to slmadeh
I love it!!  You can face Jail time when some vindictive louse makes a false allegation about you or your "live-in", burning a child on purpose.  IF a State feels that a DOCTOR is qualified and licensed to practice Medicine, and the Doctor gives a diagnosis stating that the child has a medical condition..isn't THAT enough?

They both passed lie detector tests, and you all noticed that the accuser was too cowardly to appear and take one!  By law, he does not have to, but it says a lot when the two accused are willing to do do on National T.V. with Criminal Charges pending.  The case should be dismissed.

Statistics be damned!  There are couples who live together and do not abuse children. HOW can you have an ACCURATE report on the Stats, when you are dealing with a controlled group, that being those either guilty of, or accused of,child abuse.  How many couples, with children,  in TOTAL, live together?  We do not know..hence the Stats are tweaked .

Replied By: agreatdad on Aug 2, 2012, 5:07PM
As a parent of 7+ kids and 5 Grandchildren, I have seen it all. In my 51 years of life, I have been accused on numorus ocaisions of not keeping my children safe in some form or manner. DCS has intarogated my children at there school/s and at home. I and there Mother are hard working parents, and have never brought any harm other than normal disaplin that you or anybody else with a brain would and should do! Finaly we sought legal help and $1,000,00, it has sence stoped. My point is this, If anyone makes a claim that you maybe subjecting your kid/s to any harm weather true or not, DCS/CPS will be knocking at your door. My hope is that This Mother/Daughter of these kids find away to keep the Grandmother and DCS/CPS out of her and her childrens lives, and that the mother gets the support she needs. Her job witch by the way, I have had a daughter that did the samething in order to survive. I would have no issues with this, unless she was performing in front of minors! My hat is off to her!

Replied By: wagman1 on Aug 2, 2012, 4:46PM
Both these women have major problems. Unfortunately, the child will bear the burden of their problems and likely perpetuate the negative cycle that these women have established. And that is a crying shame.

Replied By: namvet527 on Aug 2, 2012, 4:46PM
I believe the mom.

I am 60 yrs. old. I grew up getting BEATINGS from my dad (bio) to the extent it left welts on me. I also grew p in the 50's & 60's when teachers were not required to report when kids comes to school with what appears to be marks from abuse & when there were no places to go for this type of problem. But I was never sexually abused or burnt with cigarettes.
I also grew up seeing my mom get the snot beat out of her culminating in just after got out of Army after serving in Vietnam to coming one night to see my mom knifed to death by my dad.

Replied By: searoses56 on Aug 2, 2012, 3:42PM
I felt terrible for Christina. She's lived a hard life, but seems to be a hard working young woman trying to do her best. Horrified that her own mother would call CPS on her at the drop of a hat! What grandma does that, especially after she'd been such a horrible mother to begin with. Godspeed, Christina. Hope you get some help and peace.

Replied By: kathleen27 on Aug 2, 2012, 3:40PM
Do these people who use the system of Child Protective Services to carry out their personal agendas, realize that are UNDERMINING every valid case going before a Jury?? 

I have watched Shows where Dr. Phil has featured victims of horrific abuse..for years, only to read that many posters have doubts about IF it were true?!?  I always wondered WHY..but after seeing today's Show, I can see why so many ofthe Victims are not believed.  I found the "accusers"  in both of these situations to be despicable..bordering on criminal.

Replied By: jstarzsocali on Aug 2, 2012, 3:39PM
For one thing? I was raised by my grandparents. Second??? I will tell you, my bio egg donor did the same thing. I don't care about my bio mom, cause she is a continued drug addict and you know? Her mom doesn't have a right to say how she can parent. Now, I do agree that the childs mom needs some help dealing with the past, maybe a great friend, or a journal until she can talk it out. But, I can tell you. My bio mom clear up until 2 years ago, would BLAME ME FOR EVERYTHING. She doesn't even know who my real bio. father is. I don't care though cause I was blessed that my grandparents raised me and really protected me from Renee (my egg donor) I love the way I was raised... and the one good thing my bio egg donor did was abandon me to my grandparents. Actually? Their names are on the birth cert. So, Renee isnt my mom but it took a lot to build up and tell her she is NEVER going to be a part of my life.

Replied By: slmadeh on Aug 2, 2012, 3:34PM
Does anyone know what happened to the criminal case of the couple accused of burning their child with ciggarettes???  They passed the poly, but district attornies rarely thinks they make any bad calls!!!!!!!!

Showing 1-10 of total 87 Comments