Twitter Facebook YouTube

2012 Shows

After only a year, Carissa and Colin should still be in the honeymoon phase of their marriage, but Carissa says her husband is controlling, verbally and emotionally abusive, and has also turned his anger on her 16-year-old daughter. Colin admits to grabbing and pushing Carissa, as well as putting his fingers around her neck, but says his actions are a result of her doing things that "push his buttons." What does Dr. Phil think? Plus, find out what Carissa says Colin forced her to do that still haunts her today. Then, at 5-years-old, Joe's life was ripped to pieces when a drunk driver plowed into his family's vehicle, killing his father and sister, injuring his mother, and leaving him paralyzed from the waist down. Joe says the driver never served jail time, while he “got the chair” for a crime he didn’t commit. Now 45, how can Joe finally let go of 40 years of anger and pain? Dr. Fabrizio Mancini, president of Parker University in Dallas, Texas, and author of The Power of Self-Healing: Unlock Your Natural Healing Potential in 21 Days, has advice.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: abusedinmi on Jul 14, 2012, 7:28AM - In reply to krismoore
The baby had a HOLE in her head- it would have DIED shortly after birth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replied By: fraustrub on Jun 25, 2012, 8:26PM
And again some experts on some show that imply that if you are sick, that you must have done something wrong. It is not the first time on your show too, Dr Phil. Funny that when I talk to my GP, my oncologist, my two surgeons that they assure me that

1. there is nothing I can do

2. it is not my fault

I think after living (well) and trying to get over cancer (now in my second year), the only thing that is irritating me again and again, is the often silent, but sometimes outspoken attitude of people I meet. It is the attitude that is nurtured by the connotations that come with shows like yours. There seems to be an idea around that if you would do this or that, or if you were just giving that up or got involved with this, then this (any sickness) would not have happened to you. And like a little wand people do wave their (non-)doings around - exercise, do not smoke, eat organic foods, take this supplement etc - thinking that they will not get cancer, heart attacks or whatever.

From my experience and obviously the experts around me most of us can still get sick. At this stage it is not clear what causes most cancers and many other diseases. It is not helpful for me and other sick people and just outright impertinent to suggest – however silent – that it is their wrong way of living.

I belong to the very, very few percent of people in the world, who is happy with life, my husband, my family, my house, my job, my pets, money, I love my self grown veggies, I do not drink, smoke or take any drugs (including non-prescription!) have a healthy weight, eat hardly any meat, and even my genetics are excellent. I live in a wonderful area, my live is blessed (and that is not my fault too). If I can get sick, because my life is allegedly physically, emotionally or in anyway out of balance, then most of the people in the world would have to waste away quite quickly. Men are not omnipotent, what about a bit of decency, life just happens, sometimes one is lucky, sometimes (for most) life is hard and full of challenges. What about a bit more compassion to the ones that struggle?

As I am in a good shape actually, the only thing I can say to everyone that wants to wave a wand: if you are in good shape you can deal with all the therapies and what life throws at you much easier than if you had any sort of baggage (marriage problems, overweight etc). All the rest is marketing (It is the hope that dies last).

Replied By: fraustrub on Jun 25, 2012, 4:12PM
And again some experts on some show that imply that if you are sick, that you must have done something wrong. It is not the first time on your show too, Dr Phil. Funny that when I talk to my GP, my oncologist, my two surgeons that they assure me that

1. there is nothing I can do

2. it is not my fault

I think after living (well) and trying to get over cancer (now in my second year), the only thing that is irritating me again and again, is the often silent, but sometimes outspoken attitude of people I meet. It is the attitude that is nurtured by the connotations that come with shows like yours. There seems to be an idea around that if you would do this or that, or if you were just giving that up or got involved with this, then this (any sickness) would not have happened to you. And like a little wand people do wave their (non-)doings around - exercise, do not smoke, eat organic foods, take this supplement etc - thinking that they will not get cancer, heart attacks or whatever.

From my experience and obviously the experts around me most of us can still get sick. At this stage it is not clear what causes most cancers and many other diseases. It is not helpful for me and other sick people and just outright impertinent to suggest – however silent – that it is their wrong way of living.

I belong to the very, very few percent of people in the world, who is happy with life, my husband, my family, my house, my job, my pets, money, I love my self grown veggies, I do not drink, smoke or take any drugs (including non-prescription!) have a healthy weight, eat hardly any meat, and even my genetics are excellent. I live in a wonderful area, my live is blessed (and that is not my fault too). If I can get sick, because my life is allegedly physically, emotionally or in anyway out of balance, then most of the people in the world would have to waste away quite quickly. Men are not omnipotent, what about a bit of decency, life just happens, sometimes one is lucky, sometimes (for most) life is hard and full of challenges. What about a bit more compassion to the ones that struggle?

As I am in a good shape actually, the only thing I can say to everyone that wants to wave a wand: if you are in good shape you can deal with all the therapies and what life throws at you much easier than if you had any sort of baggage (marriage problems, overweight etc). All the rest is marketing (It is the hope that dies last).

Replied By: papershaker on Jun 23, 2012, 5:24AM - In reply to oceanluver66
Joe's story is probably the saddest I've ever heard.  I would like to donate some money and help him, (in much the same way the bullied grandmother was helped).  I think he's very deserving...

Replied By: smile4awhile on Mar 22, 2012, 9:31PM - In reply to countryiscool
Just in case you didn't catch it, ODD is oppositional defiance disorder. Anyone would or should question this young lady having been labeled with this handle!

Replied By: smile4awhile on Mar 22, 2012, 9:27PM
I was kinda smitten by Joe. He is a handsome man with a good heart, and if you are out there I would like to be pen pals! Where are you from? We are about th same age. contact me!

Replied By: preraph on Mar 18, 2012, 5:27PM - In reply to a1flirt
Thank you!  You said in two sentences what it just took me 3 scathing paragraphs to articulate.  Wish I got paid by the line....

Replied By: dejablues on Mar 17, 2012, 9:33PM - In reply to krismoore
Not everyone can shoulder the burden that you bear, and to berate another women for choosing not to do so is unfair. Not everyone wants to  bring a disabled child into the world .Abortion is legal for a reason.

Replied By: krismoore on Mar 16, 2012, 6:39AM
I am disgusted by the fact that she is so overwrought with guilt over having abortions, except for the one that they found out the baby had spina bifida. What? Are you KIDDING me? As a mother who is BLESSED with having a child with spina bifida, I am OFFENDED deep down to the core! We battle challenges in healthcare, fine lines between privacy and need for full disclosure to teachers, healthcare providers, neighbors and friends. Constant doctors appointments, challenges in activities most people take for granted, schoolwork, homework and everything in between and this woman doesn't have the backbone to stand up to a BULLY! I can't even begin to explain what a chaotic life is to this woman, and for her to be mourning the loss of the babies she lost when her husband forced abortions on her, except for the non-perfect baby. I am sick over this woman, her lack of dedication as a mother to not protect her children, born and unborn! Oh Dr. Phil, you made me passionate over this one!

Replied By: countryiscool on Mar 15, 2012, 9:45PM
Dr. Phil did not ask  Why the lady never called the police...I believe it is because she is afraid what he would do to her for calling.

I wish Dr. Phil would have told her to leave him, just go to a women's center with your daughter. They will help you!  She has to get away from him. You can see that she is anorexic!

Dr. Phil said he would have the daughter tested to see if she has a medical problem, but he doubts it is true.  Also counseling for the husband and wife.

I feel she and her daughter need to get out NOW  before she's dead!     

Showing 1-10 of total 82 Comments