Twitter Facebook YouTube

2012 Shows

Six-time Grammy Award-winner Toni Braxton and her sisters, Traci, Towanda, Trina and Tamar are used to having their family drama play out each week on the WE tv hit reality series Braxton Family Values. Now they’re asking Dr. Phil for help with their trials and tribulations. First, Toni opens up about the reality show. Why was she hesitant to sign on to the project? Now participating in the second season, does she have any regrets? Plus, what’s the one thing she says she feels guilty about? The outspoken sisters, who were once part of an R&B group, talk candidly about Toni’s successful solo career. Are they jealous of her fame? Then, meet the woman who knows the sisters best: their mom, Evelyn. And, get a glimpse of their lives behind the scenes. From infidelity to open marriage, the sisters share their steamy secrets. Don’t miss this all-new Dr. Phil!

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: elainehh on Mar 7, 2012, 6:38AM
Another reality show spin off? Not my cup of tea. Enough already. ;0)

Replied By: eugeniy on Mar 7, 2012, 5:44AM
Don't they edit this show?  In referring to her sister speaking without thinking, one of the sisters said something to the effect of "sometimes she gets Tourrettes".   How incredibly insensitive... just when we are sensitizing the world to not use the "R" word,  now this.   I turned off the show after that.   I am very disappointed that Dr. Phil allowed this comment to air.

Replied By: tricialacey on Mar 5, 2012, 7:28AM
There are most certainly faithful men out there and they are FAR beyond Dr. Phil and Obama.  My father, grandfathers, uncles, brother, own husband and plenty of friend's husbands exercise faithfulness in their marriages.  The statement that all men cheat is just absurd and offensive!  It is sad, though, that she would have such little faith in all men.  I wish she knew the men i know. ;)  I'm a blessed woman!

Replied By: miketoso on Mar 2, 2012, 2:41PM
I aggreed with your comments about Tamar Braxton. I have found the same problems with family and coworkers.

I have been told that I am not understood, yet was not allowed to explain. Instead, I was expected to listen to their comments(naturally irrevelent). When I tried to explain, I was treated as if I was arguing.

Why don't we try to get schools to focus on communication to teach people how to discuss issues? I feel like we act like Congress, disfunctional and repeating the same speeches. We fail to gain enough information about an issue. Our result is communicate "AT" not "WITH" each other.

Our schools teach "MASS" communication skills. This focus is on presentation of information. What we fail to do is ensure that what we hear is what was intended. We fail to ask "IS THIS WHAT YOU MEAN"?

I have had people confuse explanation with support or debate. I have asked people to restate what they hear, and have been told "If I repeat what you said you will think I agree with you".

I would like you to expand your diagnosis to fit more than any present single situation and ask that schools and parents to generalize solutions to fit more problems. We probably find fewer domestic or work disputes if we don't act like disputing countries like Israel and its neighbors.

Replied By: joannamoneca on Mar 1, 2012, 10:20PM - In reply to salamei
Yes the GPS is probably installed so he knows where she is so she doesn't show up when he's with another woman, good point!  

The mom seems like a nice lady and her daughters are all very beautiful and bright; good work mom! 

However I think her advice to them is not the wisest.  statistically maybe about half the people cheat, both men & women, but we also tend to attract what we beleive so she will only draw her daughters to these types of men but telling them they all cheat.  Also we can definetly marry for love the 2nd & 3rd time.  It
is not the same type of blind love fuelled by physical chemistry then when we are young and naive, it's a more mature and realistifc type, but it can definetly be love.

Replied By: honeybee601 on Mar 1, 2012, 5:46PM
Trina did not mention that she admitted to her sisters on an episode of the "Braxton" show that she had an "oral transaction" with one of her band members.

Replied By: ellie35 on Mar 1, 2012, 5:15PM
Who cares?  Wouldn't waste my time.

Replied By: cwbylarry on Mar 1, 2012, 5:05PM
I watched the show on Toni Braxton and her family and Towanda anounced "she had a don't ask don't tell policy and open relationship with her husband."She went on to say she did not care how many women her man has as long as she does not hear about it.

The  problem with this and why I feel like Dr. Phil  missed the mark dealing with this is because no one mentioned the possibility of sexually transmitted diseases. I am a 23 year survivor of HIV/AIDS and a certified HIV/AIDS educator and tester in my community and I feel by allowing people to talk about having a open relationship and not to mention the possibility of STD's just makes my job harder because people laughed at her and some will assume that is perfectly ok  to be like her.

I am very disapointed in The Dr. Phil Show for not catching this .

Replied By: bunandcheese on Mar 1, 2012, 3:12PM
The Braxtons' were hilarious, lively and true their TV personas....not sure much will change in spite of the many gems offered up by Dr. Phil!   Did find the audience's response or failure to respond to comment about the President's fideility a bit disturbing. Not sure what that says about the audience the show is beginning to attract.

Replied By: cdrake2 on Mar 1, 2012, 3:01PM
I watch Dr. Phil almost daily but today I was very disappointed.  The braxton sisters are beautiful women but in my opinion they need some serious counseling.  Maybe they should invest in private counseling with Dr. Phil.  This was a day for entertainment only I took nothin away from this show but what I already had summed up from watchin their reality show.  The source of all their problem comes from what they were taught about men after their parents divorce..  These women need Dr. Phil privately a blind man can see this.....................

Showing 1-10 of total 19 Comments