Twitter Facebook YouTube

2012 Shows

(Original AIr Date: 02/20/12) Katlynn, Zach and Amber say their dad, Todd, is a deadbeat who prioritizes everything -- his job, his wife and new family -- over them. They say since divorcing their mom, Hiedi, nine years ago, Todd has repeatedly missed weekend visits, failed to pay child support and even wrote a letter denouncing his parental rights. Todd says he loves his children but he’s so strapped for cash that sometimes he doesn't even have enough gas money to visit. He also claims that Hiedi tells lies to poison his kids against him. But Katlynn, 16, isn't buying his excuses -- which is why she says she wrote Dr. Phil. Is Todd getting a bad rap, or could he do more? Hear his emotional plea to his children. Can he finally become the father they want him to be? Don't miss Dr. Phil's advice for mending these fractured relationships.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: lemkes1 on Feb 19, 2012, 7:28AM
This will be a for sure watch for me. I can't beleive how a father can do this to his own blood. People need to learn to keep the children out of the differences it effects them for life.

Replied By: spiritfireart on Feb 19, 2012, 5:56AM
It is about time that the topic of dead beat dad was addressed on the show. I have the experience from both the parent and the childs perspective. I was a kid whos father did not want to pay. Now I am the parent of a son whos father has decided not to pay or be involved at all. In my son's case is is even deaper and more painful. Noah(15) lives with bipolar, aspergers (autism) and tourrettes. His father moved from Va. to Tx when Noah was just 4 yrs. Because noah was not a perfect child, he did not come back to visit or keep in touch. Because Noah cannot be put on a plane to go visit and stay with his father ( too much for him to have change) due to the disabilities, his father did not want him. So he figured he did not have to pay either. Even after being put in jail for 8 mo. for criminal non-payment he still refuses to pay until the commonwealth puts out a warrent. This child looses out on so much because of this. The mans family is not involved either. What possesses people to be so cold?

Replied By: lpnnurse38 on Feb 19, 2012, 5:14AM
Wish I could send this to my kids father.  He decided when my son turned 18 that he no longer had to support him so it has fallen on my shouders to put him through college, pay for his car and insurance, medical bills ect.......  Then decided to marry some accountant so he wouldt be so broke.  She has a son that she wants a father for so took him away from my 13 year old daughter.  His visits went to 3 days a week down to 1 hour a week.  My daughter does not get along with his wife so she is not allowed over their house because it is "her" house.  This caused me to have to admit her to a mental hospital for help for depression because of what her dad did to her and the way he treats her.  Its so sad how fathers can be like this.  They surely dont deserve to be fathers.

Replied By: hpmx59 on Feb 18, 2012, 9:42AM
Beat Dad Dead Doctor Phil/Robin. I think it is wrong of what he was saying to his children. See you on 02/-

20/12. Day Happy President. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.-------------------------------------------------------

Replied By: marianparoo on Feb 18, 2012, 4:03AM
.. but if you cant afford a first family, why start a second?

Showing 631-635 of total 635 Comments