Twitter Facebook YouTube

2012 Shows

After nearly 60 days in rehab, Alexandra finally comes clean about the extent of her drug use, the lies she’s told over the years and how she’s cheated death. It's family week at Origins Recovery Center, and the young, troubled mom sits down with Dr. Phil and candidly discusses what she did to “chase her high.” She describes hitting rock bottom, and why her actions could easily have gotten her raped and killed. Then, Alexandra opens up about making amends with the people she's hurt, including her children. And, she shares a letter from her father, Marty -- a no-show for family week. Find out why he's not there, and why Alexandra is moved to tears. Plus, nearly two months since she's last seen Alexandra, Erin admits that she's both "nervous and excited" to reconnect. See their emotional reunion. Can their old wounds be healed, and can Alexandra be trusted to stay sober? Then, a phone call rocks Erin and Marty's optimism about Alexandra's future -- what post-rehab plans has she made? Is it a recipe for disaster? See how it all unfolds on an all-new Dr. Phil!

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: godiva71 on Sep 5, 2012, 9:43AM
I've seen the show and it was if the therapist was talking instead of Alexandra. I've been an addict for 9 years, lived on the streets since i was 13, got pregnant when i was 21 and went to rehab. So i know what im talking about and i know she's telling what here therapist is saying and what Dr. Phil wants to hear. I also believe thats she want it to be true. But she's sober for 2 months after an addiction of 10 years. That would be a miracle. First she needs to live for her self before she can be a mum again. I know because now my kids has grown up, i need to live for myself with all the temtations and scarfes of the past and its hard. She is lucky to have a Dr. Phil and all the help. We dont have a Dr.Phil in Holland. So i would say; Alexandera, stay there untill you can handle the truth and the world...grow up for your kids, they need to be your priority to get well again!!!! Be thankfull for the help your getting now and cherise that!!!!!

Replied By: deborah56er on Apr 28, 2012, 3:57PM
Well, it looks like Alexandria is on her way to sobriorty. I hope with all my heart that she makes it as those three precious babies need their mother and quite frankly Marty and Erin need a break!.

At their age it must be very tiring to have the babies there all the time, after all , they are Grandparents and not parents. I did go on Erins' blog page and I got a big Red Flag when she discussed the cell phone. Origins took the cell phone away and Erin was not sure if it was to punish herself and Alexandria or just Erin. Oh, Erin its not to punish anyone it s ;to protect Alex, she is not ready to have contact with her old boyfriends and friends, I am not sure that Erin or Marty for that matter get it. I hope this family  continues to go forward but judgingI,  by thier past they will always be disfunctional. Imagine your daughter not talking to you for 2 months cause you betrayed a confidence?....yes it was the wrong thing to do...and in a perfect world this would not happen...but its not., Junk happens! How will you feel Katherine when your Mom is no longer around and you have spent time not talking to her. This behavior I do not understand after all those parents have done for both their children.

Why would Marty get mad that Origins thought that it was too soon for them to get together on his birthday? I think he would be happy that Origins has her best interests at heart. Thank God its not my family! I wish all of you luck for the futur cause I think you are going to need it.

a Huge Fan of the show and this family!

Replied By: robindcradle on Feb 28, 2012, 6:10AM
pea-picking heart!!  She finally did it!  Hope it sticks!  Now let's move on.  I wonder how many times he's paid for her highlights and french tips? 

Replied By: drphilformary on Feb 23, 2012, 12:02PM
Dr. Phil's quest to help addicts is admirable but not realistic.  Because not all addicts recover and interventions do fail.  Many addicts/alcholics don't have a loving home to return to.  They die alone.   

Replied By: iloveshars on Feb 22, 2012, 11:49PM
  I just saw the show and I can't imagine why Alexandra is so anxious to get home. That rehab center is so luxurious and offers so much, and she doesn't even have to pay, her or her family. If she was serious about being sober, I don't think she would be so ready to leave and go back to reality. Then again this girl has never known reality of working, paying bills, having any kind of responsiblities.

How could leaving Origins to go find a job, go to school, ect be any better than staying for more pampering and treatment. Of course she probably wants to see her kids and spend more time with family, but I have a feeling that she just wants to get high agian. I can't blame her. I too struggle with some addiction problems. I just think this was a break from it all for her, and she doesn't think she can do it. She doesn't seem very sincere or committed.

I do wish the best for her though.

Replied By: marianparoo on Feb 22, 2012, 11:25PM - In reply to impartial1
... weren't the Heroin Twins in rehab for a year?

But I think Alex has been Alex way before her drug use, so even if she becomes clean and sober I don't think she will be a better person, only a healthier one.

Replied By: impartial1 on Feb 22, 2012, 5:20PM
I sincerely wish that the girl would stay sober and drug free  but I do not this will ever happen.  This young soman has always been manipulative, selfish, wrong choice of partners etc.  I do not think this can change in 60 days.

Replied By: desertsky2012 on Feb 21, 2012, 11:23PM - In reply to jinjin
She's telling him EVERYTHING he wants to hear right now. She is going to totally go back to her old ways, which is why she wants to go right back home so quickly. She admitted herself, she's a master manipulator.

Replied By: mkrankowski on Feb 21, 2012, 4:30PM
Good Evening Alex,

I have watched you since the first time you appeared on The Dr.Phil show when you were pregnant with Nathan. 

I'm a mom of two daughters's. Lauren is 19 and Lindsey is 17.  I was very pleased to hear how you were doing after 60 days.

I completely understand how you have conflict with your mom and we are good about being a pain in the butt!!! We are pains because we love our children. Now, you will have that opportunity oneday to be a pain to your children and you will love every minute.

Alex your journey of healing is just begining. I'm sure you have been told that you will have good days and bad days. When you have a bad day and want to give up and go home, just think about what an opportunity you have been given. Then, think about how much your children want you with them.

It took me a long time to understand that I could ask for help when my girls were younger and not feel I was letting them down since I couldn't do something. Today, I still have to ask for help. You see I'm a Lupus patient and I have good days and bad days.

I want you to make a deal with me. We both have good/bad days. That is a hard fact! So, when you are having a bad day think about me working through the pain and I will do the same for you!

I believe in you and I know that you will be successful in this. This is a new life style and it takes time to get use to.

Good Luck!

Michelle-Lakewood, OH

Replied By: galense on Feb 21, 2012, 7:59AM - In reply to meryl55
They gave gas cards??? Not recently honey, when she had a car, remember the truck is gone now for drugs,.......no gas cards have been given to her recently.

Showing 1-10 of total 312 Comments