Twitter Facebook YouTube

2012 Shows

From teen idol to 54-year-old superstar, song-and-dance entertainer Donny Osmond has stood the test of time for five decades. Now, in this special one-on-one interview with Dr. Phil, he opens up about the incredible highs and soul-crushing lows of childhood fame and the pressure to be perfect under the glaring lights of show business. From the sometimes crippling anxiety he faced as a pop star, to his secrets to building and sustaining a happy marriage and staying "forever young," the season nine champion of Dancing with the Stars shares intimate details of his life's journey. Hear his fondest memories of Michael Jackson, and see a surprise visit and performance from his idol: singer and songwriter Stevie Wonder. Don't miss this star-powered Dr. Phil.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: njbrewhaw on Feb 19, 2012, 9:42AM
I had DVR'ed this show - finally got to sit and watch it.  Phenomenal show....smiling through out the show and yes, tears during it too.  I have always loved these 2 performers.  Thank you Dr. Phil for this show.

Replied By: ksgramma5 on Feb 11, 2012, 6:49PM
My husband and I are avid fans of the Dr Phil Show. We tape his shows during the day and then watch it in the evening....Believe when i say this is our highlight for the evening. We have learned so much about ourselves individually and as a couple...He has been a real blessing in our marriage...Thank you Dr Phil

We recently watched the episode that had Donnie Osmond on it...I must say this had to be one of Dr Phils best shows..Though it did have painful memories and topics for Donnie, it was at the same time full of laughter and happy times...It was so good to find out that the "idols" from way back are doing so well and are sensitive and caring, married to the same spouse for 36 yrs(?) and the fact that he has not been in the medias headlines for drugs, sex scandals, etc...

I was extremely touched by his emotions when Stevie Wonder appeared on stage...What a glorious moment of reunion for both of them. Thank you again Dr Phil for having such an awesome "Happy" episode. It is good to know that Dr Phil has such a good heart and will do such nice things for people.

Thank you again Dr Phil for your tremendous  help and advice for this family that lives in Coats, Kansas population of maybe 50!!!!

Vickie L. Cole     

Replied By: eafroehlich on Feb 11, 2012, 4:50PM
Can someone please tell me what Donny said was his fountain of youth?

Replied By: twigie on Feb 11, 2012, 7:15AM
You can't help but SMILE  threw this whole show!  Thanks Donnie, Stevie and Dr. Phil for such an uplifting hour.  Dr. Phil you need to do more shows like this!

Replied By: gambemar on Feb 9, 2012, 1:07PM
I was the tagalong little sister who used to hide in my sister's closet while she and her girlfriends would play Donny Osmond's records. Although my sister was less than thrilled to have me tag along, I was willing to tempt the fates and incur her wrath just to be able to hear Donny Osmond. I still play Osmond CDs and am a huge fan who sings loud and poorly to each and every wonderful note! OH...maybe that's why my sister made me sit in the closet.

Replied By: nlegard on Feb 9, 2012, 12:49PM
I've been a follower of the Osmonds for over 40 years; Donny was always my favorite. Exactly one year ago this weekend I was at their Las Vegas show and was amazed at it. I sat right beside the stage; when Marie laid down on the floor in front of us my husband helped her get up. Donny came to shake his hand and he said "No, don't shake my hand; please hug my wife. She's been a fan of yours for over 40 years and went to every concert you ever performed in Nashville." And he did; he was so kind. He knelt in front of me and asked "Did you really come to all of them?" When I said yes he gave me the kindest hug and whispered thank you to me several times. When I met them backstage, he autographed a concert ticket I had saved from 1972. I still think he's an amazing man and an inspiration. Loved the show. Thank you Donny!

Replied By: flaviv on Feb 9, 2012, 12:34PM - In reply to thehealthylife
Thanks for the info on Donny's "Secret Fountain of Youth".
I loved the show so much that I am saving it.   Donny defenitely deserved the Stevie Wonder "SURPRISE" !!
Donny is so down to earth.   We can all learn from him.

Replied By: like20again on Feb 9, 2012, 9:06AM
Wow!  It was so good to see Donny on the show yesterday!  You are still my idol!  I remember having posters on my closet door and kissing them every night!  To find out also that he is taking Protandim!  No wonder he looks so good.  My family and I have been taking it for about a year now and we feel the same way about it!  Best kept secret ever!  Thanks again Dr. Phil for reminding me how cute Donny is!! Inside and out!!!!

Replied By: andie29 on Feb 9, 2012, 4:19AM
I record all of the shows on my DVR and this was one I will  be watching again.and again..I had forgotten what an amazing talent Donny is and Stevie Wonder was an added bonus. Thanks Dr Phil !

Replied By: rjarrett2278 on Feb 9, 2012, 1:03AM
Fabulous show, Dr. Phil. Saw him in Vegas in Nov, out standing. Love the positive upbeat mood of the show today. Pure joy.

Showing 1-10 of total 44 Comments