Twitter Facebook YouTube

2012 Shows

(Original Air Date: 02/14/12) Rheta says her four-and-a-half-year marriage to Mark is headed down a rocky road, and her mother-in-law, Deb, is in the driver's seat. Rheta says it's time for Mark to cut the cord with the woman she calls deceitful, backstabbing, sneaky and controlling -- or else! Meanwhile, Deb says she hates Rheta, claiming she's violent, trashy and undeserving of her son. The tension between the women has escalated to blows on more than one occasion, leaving Mark literally in the middle. Where do his loyalties lie? Hear the drastic measures Deb has taken to get Rheta out of their lives. And, did Rheta reveal a secret in the hopes of ruining Deb's 31-year marriage? Is this a case of an overprotective mom overstepping her boundaries, or a wife's resentment getting the best of her? Dr. Phil mediates this war of words and helps to draw some lines in the sand. Whose side will Mark be on? Can this marriage and family be saved?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: bagryan on Jan 14, 2013, 9:35AM
Enough said!

Replied By: irishcoffee on Nov 30, 2012, 11:43AM
The big question I would like answered why wasn't  Debs hubby there for support?? unless he does not agree.

For the 1st time ever I had to watch twice it was unbelievable ......the MIL has more hate for the dil than the guy that caused her daughter death wtf, I hope they sat her down and told her watch and hit the replay button at least 10 times.

I hope the MIL has now had counselling maybe charity work in her daughters memory would be a better focus.

I hope the son stops the botox and waxing....I bet he has beauty treatments with mum.

I have loads to say but time has past and I hope things have changed for them.

Replied By: lnly46 on Sep 9, 2012, 5:43PM
I'm starting to learn that so many marriages are failing because of the men not having a backbone. Why are so many men not standing by their spouse like their supposed to?! Maybe if they did this their wives would be more willing to work the other things out.

Replied By: shar_shar on Jun 23, 2012, 11:41PM
I am in a similar situation but it is my father who is lying on my husband.  I had to cut the cord and do things on my own.  He still lies and says I am asking him for money which I am not.  This young man on here is only giving his mom a right to stay in his business because of her paying the bills.  He is going to need to move away him and his family or his marriage will suffer.  If he doesnt make changes and put his foot down it will get worse.  Coming from a similar situation, I am going through.  My dad is not even paying my bills and is lying for the reason of him disliking my husband because he will stand up to him and wont take any mess off of him like the guys I dated did.  I have lost boyfriends and potential boyfriends behind that.  I had to stop the cycle with my now husband.  If I didnt I would be still single. 

Replied By: galway53 on Jun 21, 2012, 3:45PM
Say goodbye to Mama.  She is the most toxic thing I haveever seen.

Replied By: canartun on Jun 21, 2012, 12:28AM - In reply to andersc1
The mother is thebiggest problem, go to an ALANON meeting, you need help your son is going to relapseLon long as he is around you! Co dependancy no more!!!

Replied By: canartun on Jun 21, 2012, 12:25AM - In reply to nuthinfancy8
O hell yes, run girl your husband is a hot mess and ugly you are very attractive!

Replied By: canartun on Jun 21, 2012, 12:20AM
This mother is codependent and controlling! Clearly she has been sorrounded by addiction in her life either herself or her family. Her son needs to grow some balls and become a man, geez talk about a messed up family. I would advise the daughter in law to get out now and save herself and her kids. When you deal with a husband with addiction it can make you crazy you will be ok take your kids and run and give them a better life.

Replied By: pizeta on Jun 20, 2012, 9:16PM
Slap in the face:  Debra states, "I was there".  Yet she started the story with, my mother "phoned" me.   When she opens her mouth it's one of two choices, she's either going to lie or manipulate.  Debra either threatens, it's my cell phone (house  etc.), lays a guilt trip on little Mark (or  Rheta) or whines, or takes the offensive with "my son the model" . 

Debra thinks her son is a classy guy.  He has a wife and 2 children that he doesn't defend  well when their family is being threatened by grandma.  He has an addiction.  He is 29 going on 16 years old.  He's not a home owner.  He's flirting with the family tradition of infidelity.  Can't even afford to buy his own cell phone - this is Debra's idea of a class act!   Wow!  What is her idea of  white trash?                                                                                        
She says she is concerned about the trauma Rheta is putting her grandchildren through by fighting with Mark in front of them, but it's O.K. to slap them in the face!   Debra is a "one trick" pony, that trick would be meddling to the nth degree.  She should not have been raising anything more complex than a kitten, a mother she is not! 
If she looks closely she will see that Rheta is witty and smart, and Debra's trashy behaviour makes Rheta look like an aristocrat.

Replied By: nuthinfancy8 on Jun 20, 2012, 8:38PM
This MIL is obviously still grieving and trying to fill the void left by her daughters death. That's the only rational explanation to why she behaves in the insane manner she does? She's a needy, intrusive, overbearing lunatic. Rheta, If your reading these posts, GET OUT OF THE MARRAIGE. I have kids and can only imagine how hard it is oneveryone and particularly the children but I don't see the MIL ever respecting boundaries. She needs professional help. However, the son seem to side with the mother on every point. Therefore, since he won't back Rheta on national tv, imagine what he does in daily life. WHAT a weasel. Rheta, you deserve a real man and husband who will respect you and be able to pull the breast out of his mouth. RUN, girl, RUN!

Showing 1-10 of total 232 Comments