Twitter Facebook YouTube

2012 Shows

When Dr. Phil last left Alexandra, he said he wouldn’t speak to her unless she checked herself into a rehab facility for treatment for her addiction to prescription medications. It’s now six months later, and after desperately and repeatedly calling her mother for money, Alexandra finally relents and agrees to go to Origins Recovery Center to "check it out." Alexandra’s mom, Erin, documents the journey to rehab in Texas, and when she arrives, Alexandra has second thoughts. She finally agrees to stay the night, and from there Dr. Phil learns from Origins staff that it's touch-and-go. All are on edge, worried that Alexandra may leave treatment, and in a dark moment, Erin even questions Dr. Phil's motives -- and sister Katherine questions Alexandra's. As "Family Week" approaches at Origins, Erin is eager to see if the treatment is successful and meanwhile, Alexandra’s father, Marty, appears to be a no-show.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: joannr on Feb 4, 2012, 9:11PM - In reply to boulderite
Seriously???.......  Your not taking a stab at humor or  sarcasm? I  disagree with the doc quite often ..... but ...... seriously?????    You believe what you wrote to be the truth?    Damn, we are in worse trouble than even I thought.....

Replied By: joannr on Feb 4, 2012, 9:06PM - In reply to eternity_55
One of the things I thought of when he was flashing back is how much toll this has taken on the mother.  She has aged 30 years since this has started.  Alex does not deserve one more second of resources ... momma needs some me time away from all of it.   The woman is a freakin saint.

Replied By: joannr on Feb 4, 2012, 8:55PM - In reply to marianparoo
Thank you!!!!  My thoughts exactly!

Replied By: chelmabelle on Feb 4, 2012, 8:46PM - In reply to chipper09
I am sure Erin is just excited to see the progress that Alex has made.  It has been a long time since Alex has been sober.  There is a lot of work ahead for them as far as working out resentments and issues, however, it doesn't preclude her from celebrating the progress that has been made thusfar.

Replied By: im4fitness on Feb 4, 2012, 6:04PM
I wish Dr Phil would talk to Marty. I think he needs to be there with his his wife and Alexandra.

Replied By: kathleen27 on Feb 4, 2012, 10:44AM - In reply to marianparoo
I hope that Catherine enjoys a happy relationship and she stays on track.  I just do NOT care for family members, who had their "days" as well, so judgemental about a another member of the family.  Alex may have a truly addictive personality, meaning she will not ever be able to have so much as one drink.  This remains to be seen.  Catherine may not have the disease (addiction IS a disease), and it runs in families.

Child out of wedlock may be quaint.  I prefer it to "knocked up"...detest that term.

Do you feel there is no hope for Alex to recover?   Brandon is in a very positive recovery, but it will be a lifelong journey for him.  He gets it.  Maybe Alex will..we don't know, but we can hope for a human life to be saved. 

Replied By: marianparoo on Feb 4, 2012, 6:15AM - In reply to forensic_girl
No drug addict or child abuser on Dr. Phil ever was treated so softly.

Replied By: marianparoo on Feb 4, 2012, 6:14AM - In reply to kathleen27
... but she was a tad older than 15 and had finished HS.

Also, she has apparently been clean and sober  since  her arrest. And certainly wasn't doing drugs while she was pregnant, like Alex was.

And Alex had 2 "out-of-wedlock" (always found that expression rather quaint) by the time she was  Katherines age.

I'm sorry, the two cannot be compared. I think she would have been smarter not to get pregnant, or to go the adoption route, or not to stay pregnant, but she seems to be leading a far healthier life than Alex, who was not leading one even before she started doing drugs.

Replied By: boulderite on Feb 4, 2012, 1:55AM
Dr. Phil, unlike the industry, you are uniquely positioned to ignore paying parents and side with children without credit cards.  You know this, parents know this, how about bringing the kids into the conversation: 

1. There is no "autism" - just newborns being ignored by yellers off the bend. Relationships are mutual. They'll respond if anyone were honest.  They are not a commercial product. 

2. Suicides are preventable. Parents might be motivated to listen if they thought they were required to take the adult position for a change. 

3. Threre is no "schisophrenia" only newborns growing up with hostile liers. 

4. If a mother considered an abortion - this is a relationship issue.  Either make room for them in your life, or give them to someone who does.

Replied By: littleone2u on Feb 3, 2012, 10:27PM - In reply to jdyer1943
I have watched this family since day one.  Alex got it people she went to rehab .just think two months ago she would not even consider kicking the habbit.  She will beat this and get her life back to wear she stopped and left it.   Its not going to happen overnight.
  Give time she is going to show everyone who thought that she was a waste of time.  There is no human being that is a waste of time. Some may just need a little extra help.or that little bit of help.  No one should give up on anyone.  May everything in this family become wonderful again for they show us that a real family sticks together.

Showing 11-20 of total 215 Comments