Twitter Facebook YouTube

2012 Shows

(Original Air Date: 01/18/12) Phobias, fetishes and fears: Dr. Phil’s guests explain! First, Brett, 24, is a retail employee by night and an 18-month-old baby by day. He admits to wearing diapers, sleeping in a custom-made crib and having his girlfriend, Cat, bathe, change and spoon-feed him while he babbles like an infant — which Cat does without protest. Brett says he's happy playing the role of a baby and enjoys the dynamics of their relationship, but what does Cat say about their future together? Is this a fetish Brett can outgrow, or is something deeper at play? Then, 55-year-old Robin says she’s terrified of riding in cars. She says she becomes paralyzed by fear every time she's on the road — so much so, she's even landed in the ER with panic attacks. Her husband, Michael, says Robin’s phobia is driving him nuts. What’s at the source of her anxiety? If you're affected by an overwhelming fear or phobia, tune in for techniques to take back your life.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: jabez_ on Dec 7, 2012, 3:33AM
Dear Dr Phil,

the first thought that came to mind when I saw the program: do adult babies actually suffer from narcissistic personality disorder? and people who want to care for them are the mirror image of a narcissist? 

best wishes, Jabez 

Replied By: alphak555 on Jul 18, 2012, 11:59PM
Anyone who thinks that there is nothing wrong with Brett's fetish is a worry! The desire to remain a baby is really disturbing! There are too many people out there with mental issues that need help including Brett! There is fantasy role play and then there is the extreme where Brett wants to shit in a nappy and live Like a baby! Anyone who wants to care for an adult that acts like a baby is just as bad! There are brain injured people out there who need help so why adopt a fully functioning moron and pander to his fetish, and it is a fetish! Bill, you need help!i suppose you can justify any behavior with a warped sense of reasoning! This is disturbing!

Replied By: strine on Jul 18, 2012, 10:02PM
I hope Brett grows up and starts acting his age. He wants a family to "look after him"? In other words he doesn't want to be responsible as an adult, how can he have a job if his girlfriend needed to change his diaper? What kind of employer would put up with an employee walking around smelling like urine and number 2? I bet he didn't have a job at all and now he wants someone else to pay his way. I hope he does grow up, because there are creepy people around who would love to take him in, kill him and steal his unemployment cheques.

Replied By: oneonecent on May 19, 2012, 6:30AM - In reply to cariad78
And what does thishave to do with a grown man acting like a baby?

Replied By: oneonecent on May 19, 2012, 6:27AM
Disgusting!

Replied By: treeza4 on May 18, 2012, 5:36PM
Brett has some unusual wants and needs.  His lifestyle is not one I would choose.  I have to ask myself the big questions - is Brett harming himself and is Brett harming anyone with his behavior?  We were told he has a job so to some extent he functions in the adult world.  I cannot find fault with his behavior.  He appears to be well adjusted in his lifestyle and he understands that many are judgemental over his choices.

His girlfriend made a good choice for herself.  She decided it was not a relationship she wanted to continue to participate in and moved out.  No one forced her into the role, and it doesn't appear that Brett tried manipulative behavior to get her to stay.  To the critics - how is Brett harming you?  I think it's far better to be a happy human than to live a life based on what others want you to do.  Enjoy your life Brett!

Replied By: annjudith8 on May 18, 2012, 2:12PM
Why do we have to see this twice?  I am glad the young girlfriend wants to move on but just the fact that she is still helping him is sad.  She has a good heart, but stop.  I spend my days watching my life slip away from me and I look forward to seeing something postiive.  Spotlight the real issues in this country; help the homeless people, the people who lost everything because of the economy.  There are young families out there living in shelters and cars.  Let's help the people in need and stop wasting time on this type of person who can be treated privately.  They are not a danger or threat but there are real dangers out there.  Help the people who really need help.

Replied By: chef367 on May 18, 2012, 1:01PM
I just saw your show about adult guys who like to be treated as babies, I would to get to know Brett more, I am a Daddy seeking a baby with limits that he wants.

Replied By: shircon on May 18, 2012, 11:26AM
We need to stop somewhere. this person needs serious help. tthere is something very wrong with a man wanting to be a BABY. like really. come on. CRAZY

Replied By: abdreamz on May 18, 2012, 9:52AM
Since there is an update today on the Dr. Phil show, I'm sure we'll all learn more about Brett & Kat's breaking up, and his search/find of a new "daddy". No surprise, right?

I hope those of you that feel compelled to post a message will give consideration to that simple adage, "if you don't have anything positive to say, don't say anything".

That's all.

Showing 1-10 of total 244 Comments