Twitter Facebook YouTube

2012 Shows

On New Year's Eve, 18-year-old Sarah McKinley made headlines when she shot and killed an intruder in her home to protect the life of her 3-month-old son. Just one week after losing her husband to lung cancer, the young mom kept her cool while barricading the doors, loading two weapons and calling 911. Hear the call that has everyone talking. Plus, Sarah recounts her actions and shares why she believes her intruder had been stalking and harassing her prior to that fateful night. How did she remain so calm during such a terrifying event? And, is she finally safe? Then, Gaby, 18, made headlines when she faked her pregnancy as a social experiment and senior project. For six months, the then 17-year-old wore an artificial baby bump and chronicled her experiences with family, teachers and friends for her book, The Pregnancy Project. Gaby says her goal was to shed light on stereotypes about teen moms. How did strangers, classmates and the people closest to her react? Were they relieved or deceived when she revealed the truth? Find out the shocking comments Gaby overheard and why she says she’ll never judge another teen parent.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: strine on Apr 30, 2012, 9:23PM
There's nothing fishy about her story at all. I ignored warning signs too until later (people in the country usually give people more rope than they deserve). If she was having a relationship with those two guys, you can bet the living guy in jail would have spilled his guts by now (rather than face a maximum sentence for what he chose to do). Those two men would have known her husband was dead and they thought they could do whatever they wanted to her and get away with it. Sick puppies those two- the police should investigate their backgrounds to see if any other girls were murdered or disappeared or were raped where they transiently worked before. Fat boy in jail probably has been involved in worse than this too.

Replied By: sandnsurfmom on Feb 8, 2012, 10:21AM - In reply to nypdiddy
I'm a little late getting in this discussion because I had taped this show.  But, I had to log on to see if anyone else thought the story was fishy.   I completely agree with your comments!  I wonder if she had a relationship with these guys in some way.  The call to 911 also seemed staged.

Replied By: iviewer on Jan 27, 2012, 10:03AM - In reply to bmia78
I am from Oklahoma, too, and I have been following the story as well. My question to you is: What does it matter? The age difference is questionable, the circumstances are strange, but it doesn't negate the fact that two men came into her house with intent to harm her. You're saying she shouldn't be helped financially because she was pregnant at 17 by a man you deem too old? (I agree, btw, but that's not the point.) There is obviously a sub-story there, but I don't understand how you say one should affect the other.

If anything, this young woman has been through an incredible string of tradgedies in a small amount of time, and society should be more sympathetic, not less. She absolutely has the right to charity. What someone else deems as questionable (as far as her personal life) shouldn't govern that.

Replied By: bmia78 on Jan 24, 2012, 11:09AM
I have to wonder why no one has questioned why a 17 year was pregnant with a 58 year old mans
baby? I live in Oklahoma and have been following this story, and theres more to it than meets the eye, i believe. She was 17 and pregnant by a 58 year old man, he passes away in December and she is left with a small baby. I understand it's scary and was an ordeal for her, however, I cannot understand why our local banks and media are setting up funds for her to help her financially, etc. She is not a hero, and I feel there is more to the story than our local media has been made aware of. Remember, there are always two sides to the story.

Replied By: nypdiddy on Jan 23, 2012, 6:00PM - In reply to seburgan
I would be more nervouse about a shotgun pointed at me but apparently that didnt work

Replied By: nypdiddy on Jan 23, 2012, 5:56PM
While watching her interview on Dr. Phil something was not right with her story.  There is way more to the story.  I have conducted 100s of interviews and im a pretty good judge of character.  There was definitely something fishy about everything that she was saying.  First of all this guy shows up at her house earlier in the week with the brother in law there and they felt that this guy was stalking her and they didnt contact the police then.  Then she comes home from being out  and everything in her home was moved around by the said subject but didnt take anything including the $2000 that was left in the open, and the police were not contacted then.  She feels that this person had been watching her for a long period of time outside of her house and police were never contacted.  Way more to this story anyone else agree?

Replied By: iviewer on Jan 23, 2012, 3:01PM - In reply to doomsdaydiva
All Americans don't take guns with them everywhere. After watching this show (I, too, live in Oklahoma), I had my fiance show me how to load our shot gun.

She didn't have to kill him anymore than he had to walk into her house with a knife. It was his choice to come into her home with intent to hurt her and/or her infant. When he made that choice, she had a choice of her own, and I feel she made the right one.

Replied By: kytrader on Jan 22, 2012, 7:12PM
God bless you for all that you have been through, our prayers are with you for your recent loss. I hope that you have read all these responses and by now you should realize, that you have done nothing wrong, except maybe not taking out the second low-life scum that was there with bad intent. Please take Dr. Phil's offer for counciling. No one has addressed the issue of the 911 operator, she needs some more training because she gave you the wrong answer, her response to you should not have been "do what you have to do", it should have been: "yes you can shoot-as soon as he crosses your doorway EMPTY THE CLIP." The advise she gave you might have made you hesitate thinking about doing the right thing, and a total different outcome could have happened, also everyone is talking about saving the baby, always remember that you too have self worth, if your baby had't been there you still have the same right to defend yourself in the manner that you did. Remember you are the HERO here, there are unknown women out there the owe you graditude for not being raped and killed. It wouldn't have stopped with you-if you hadn't stopped him. Thanks for paying it forward.

Replied By: doomsdaydiva on Jan 22, 2012, 4:55PM
It's horrible that this happened to her but my beliefs on ending another persons life even to save your own or anothers, are very extreme. Did she really have to kill him? Was there really no other choice? I live in Canada and I know Americans think we're crazy because we don't take guns with us even when we go to the mall. I really don't know what to say or feel about this young lady. Perhaps its best not to say anything at all.

Replied By: lnd809804 on Jan 21, 2012, 4:31PM - In reply to freewaymunster
i agree, something is fishy here.

Showing 1-10 of total 88 Comments