Twitter Facebook YouTube

2012 Shows

(Original Air Date: 12/05/11) When does sibling rivalry cross the line into abuse? Sheila, 54, says her daughters, Tamara, 37, Daria, 32, and Shirley, 29, take their fighting to the extreme. But the sisters say Sheila is a narcissist and sociopath who has pitted them against one another and failed as a mother. They say Sheila was an absentee mom who served jail time for beating one of them and turned a blind eye to the molestation of another — and now they’re resentful. See what happens when the fractured family faces one another. Can Dr. Phil help them start the healing process?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: noteveryone on Jun 9, 2012, 5:07PM - In reply to msmdh1
Agree

Replied By: noteveryone on Jun 9, 2012, 4:58PM - In reply to mandermoose
Agree.

Replied By: noteveryone on Jun 9, 2012, 11:38AM
I agree. Shelia should walk away from her daughters.  It would probably be the most unselfish thing she’s ever done as a mother.  Shelia made certain that her daughters were motherless the moment they were conceived. 

Her Daughters are ungrateful you say. On the contrary. Shelia’s daughters filled all the gaps that Shelia neglected.  They involuntarily, protected her every selfish act that she forced into their lives.

Shelia should be grateful that her daughters did and I believe still are protecting her.

You can see in each daughter’s eyes that Shelia squeezed out all of their joy, wonder and life.

We are under this abysmal illusion that all mothers are created equally.  The nurturers.  Had this been a father that these daughters despised because of the Abuse, Misuse, Overuse and Abandonment they sustained at his hands, WE would be so much more understanding.  The contempt from the daughters would be excused. This woman is not sorry for what she’s done.  She feels entitled.  Shelia did not do the work as a parent.

Atonement is in Order.

Replied By: noteveryone on Jun 9, 2012, 11:36AM - In reply to sheyeanne
I agree. Shelia should walk away from her daughters.  It would probably be the most unselfish thing she’s ever done as a mother.  Shelia made certain that her daughters were motherless the moment they were conceived. 

Her Daughters are ungrateful you say. On the contrary. Shelia’s daughters filled all the gaps that Shelia neglected.  They involuntarily, protected her every selfish act that she forced into their lives.

Shelia should be grateful that her daughters did and I believe still are protecting her.

You can see in each daughter’s eyes that Shelia squeezed out all of their joy, wonder and life.

We are under this abysmal illusion that all mothers are created equally.  The nurturers.  Had this been a father that these daughters despised because of the Abuse, Misuse, Overuse and every Abandonment they sustained at his hands, WE would be so much more understanding.  The contempt from the daughters would be excused.

This woman is not sorry for what she’s done.  She feels entitled.  Shelia did not do the work as a parent.

Atonement is in Order.

Replied By: sheyeanne on Jun 7, 2012, 6:24PM - In reply to kmb1212
Sorry, but I can't understand a 14 year old saying she was too scared to run away when he intially got into bd with her, yet she is brave enough to run out out of the room once things get too far.

If my daughter came to me in a sitution like this I would understand that she got scared when things when to far, but to allow a child to lie and pretend it went down the way it didn't is just as bad.

I  would still be livid at any young mand who dared try and manipulate her at such a young age, but I think the mother did try and go after this guy, but it was too late.

Replied By: sheyeanne on Jun 7, 2012, 6:16PM - In reply to kmb1212
I would understand if my daughter came to me, and told me that that she let things happen and it went to far and she got scared. That happens.

But to say she was too scared, is a lie. She lay in bed waiting, and if she was brave enough to go running out of the room at some point, she was brave enough to run out of the room as soon as he got into bed with her.

Replied By: finesse37 on Jun 7, 2012, 1:11PM - In reply to kmb1212
That woman is in her 30's.  She needs to get therapy.

Replied By: pbridge7 on Jun 7, 2012, 11:40AM
What does this woman expect, she assaulted her own child to the point she was put in jail. She ignored her other child's reports of abuse. She went off and left hem without food.  Now she wonders why they don't admire her or want to see her. Get real lady , if they ever choose to spend time with you great, but you have no right to expect it.

Replied By: kmb1212 on Jun 6, 2012, 10:09PM - In reply to sheyeanne
I agree that the youngest daughter is a a brat. However, what a shame it is that you are blaming the other daughter who was molested. I don't care what her age was. When you are violated there is no proper way to respond. The fear that goes through you is paralyzing, so the fact that "she allowed it to go that far" is not surprising. I only hope and pray that you are not a parent. And if you are a parent, god help your kids if they ever experience something so horrifying. I cannot believe people are still blaming victims of molestation. It is disgusting!!!!

Replied By: sheyeanne on Jun 6, 2012, 10:02PM - In reply to kaarani
Good grief.

She went on a cruise ONCE !!! and she admitted she made a mistake.

I think she needs to walk away from the ungrateful daughters, and let them be motherless.

They don't deserve her.

Showing 1-10 of total 129 Comments