Twitter Facebook YouTube

2011 Shows

(Original Air Date: 11/16/11) When Casey Anthony was acquitted of murder charges in the death of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee, it sparked public outrage and criticism toward prosecutors who jurors say failed to prove Casey’s guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Jeff Ashton — lead prosecutor in the case and author of Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony — answers tough questions and shares what he says are the never-before-revealed contents of Casey’s psychological report. What does he say Casey revealed about the day Caylee was last seen alive? How does Ashton believe the toddler died? And what does he think about the jurors who returned the stunning verdict? Plus, hear from other high-profile attorneys, including O.J. Simpson prosecutor Marcia Clark, on where they think the case went wrong. Then, meet a woman who says she would let Casey babysit her children!

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: alphak555 on Nov 26, 2012, 9:21PM
Is reported helped free a murderer and she is proud of it! She loves a legal system that frees killers and lets murderers run the streets! What a joke! What she said about the American legal system is a joke and if your popular then you can run around killing people! Great system? That is basically what she said and that she loves the legal system! If I helped a murderer with my big mouth and influenced the public to acquit a murderer I couldn't live with myself but she has no problem!

The prosecutor was arrogant and couldn't tell that the jury wasn't convinced George had nothi g to do with the death! A good prosecutor covers all bases and doesnt assume they are doing a good job! Ashton is arrogant and lost the case himself! Shame on you! 

Shame on the media, the prosecutor and the jury for not getting justice for this poor little girl! No one I saw on dr Phil feels bad for what they did! Are Americans that arrogant that they can't admit that they dropped the ball?

Shame on you all!

Replied By: alphak555 on Nov 26, 2012, 8:57PM
I am disgusted with this case! I believe the prosecutor did a terrible job convincing the jury that kaley killed her child! Her behavior was evidence enough that she killer her child! No mother parties and lies when their child is missing! Ashton is an arrogant man, smirking etc. is not the behavior of a competent prosecutor! I saw the coroners comments and they helped the defense as her wording put doubts in the jurors minds! All incompetent participants in this Trial! 

America should be ashamed of their legal system! Shame! Shame! Letting vicious child murderers free is disgusting! This bi...ch is free after killing her sweet baby girl! 

SHAME on your legal system! By the way, the jurors should be disgusted with themselves! Idiots!

Replied By: turretgunner on Jan 9, 2012, 2:02PM - In reply to cass2470
No question that George Anthony has some major faults. He does have a gambling problem which he has admitted, but appears to have under control. He (allegedly) had an affair. However, the monstrous acts that Jose Baez accused him of  committing without a shred of evidence do not become more believable because of George Anthony's known faults. Many have done far worse than GA who would not even contemplate doing what Baez accused him of in open court. I find it utterly amazing that some of the jurors could point to their doubts about George's trutfullness with no proof whatsoever that he is lieing about anything and yet trun the backs on the mountainof circumstantial evidence against his daughter, a proven habitual liar. Amazing!        

Replied By: cass2470 on Jan 5, 2012, 4:12PM - In reply to mmsi1991
I really don't understand  how anyone could think George Anthony seemed to be a good man. He is a con man, a gambler, he has stolen money from his wife, he doesn't want to work. He was not a good husband, father or family man. To bad he never took a lie detector test huh?

Replied By: mrostad on Dec 27, 2011, 9:35PM
This prosecutor failed the State of Florida (and public) due to getting stuck on STUPID--with only ONE (flawed) theory of murder.  MOST homicides are due to behaviors getting out of hand and then panic.  No doubt that Casey went too far and accidentally killed Caley.  Once the body was disposed of she was "free" and her behaviors indicated the obvious--no need to look for a lost child that isn't lost.  The duct tape prevented dirt from entering her nose and mouth at burial.  Deed done.  Chapter closed.  Move on and party hardy.  Prosecutors (and many police departments) fail the public by not exploring all the potential theories and by not poling the public, who have the advantage of the media.  It sickens me as a paralegal that they failed to "pound home" the obvious and to not eliminate doubt from George.  Failed theories equal failed verdict.  That's why paralegals get frustrated with attorneys!

Replied By: smich25451 on Dec 26, 2011, 6:38PM
Did anyone else but me get the fact that Marcia Clark is calling juror's idiots?  They either like the defendent or not, and they base their decision on if they like you or not?  I think that is disrespectful to people trying to make the right decision based on the facts they have.  Shame.

Replied By: catz54 on Dec 26, 2011, 6:26PM
I think Ashton and his team did a good job.  But, the Defense had muddied the waters so much, it made for reasonable doubt.  Like the saying goes, 'If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with BS'.

Replied By: dragonfly1943 on Dec 26, 2011, 3:13PM
I believe the prosecution lost this case plain and simple by going for to big of a bite of the apple.  I think that Casey used Xanax as a "babysitter" for Caylee.  I think she taped her mouth so that if she woke up while Casey was in a bar she wouldn't cry and alert anyone that she was in the trunk of her car.  I believe that Casey had used this way to keep Caylee sedated, but still near her, while she went out and partied.  I believe that her constantly referring to Zanny the Nanny was her clever little way of telling the truth about what she was doing.  I believe that she began doing this as her parents began refusing to babysit in an effort to try to teach Casey to grow up and deal with being a parent.  I believe that perhaps Caylee began to develop a tolerance for Xanax and on the fateful night perhaps woke up and began crying.  I believe that this would quickly cause a child's nasal passages to close up and the child would suffocate.  If prosecution had presented their case in this way, I believe that the jury could and would have, with a certain amount of sympathy, understood how a young mother could have been irresponsible enough to do this and she would have done fifteen years for manslaughter as well as other charges of child neglect, failure to report the death, hiding the body and other charges.  Do I blame an over zealous and smug prosecutor for  this verdict.  You bet your life.  The jury's take on the lawyers involved must always be taken into consideration, and the smugness and arrogance of the prosecutor turned off a lot of jurors.  Casey is free woman today because of the prosecutor.  No doubt about it.

Replied By: teresarenee on Dec 26, 2011, 3:05PM
I missed the part where Ashton was going to reveal what her physciatric report said about Casey.  Can someone bring me up to date please?

Replied By: carmenoonk on Dec 26, 2011, 3:00PM - In reply to bigfanatic
I just finished writing exactly the same thing.  Tales are usually not that far from the truth.  The question really is why the prosecution didn't come up with the theory as it makes the most sense as anyone who is the victim of child molestation can attest to.

Showing 1-10 of total 182 Comments