Twitter Facebook YouTube

2009 Shows

(Original Air Date: 12/01/08) Parents try their best to protect their kids and teach them about stranger danger, but what if your child is abducted … and the abductor is the other parent? Zanni and Christine are former sisters-in-law who say their ex-husbands, George and John Silah, vanished and took their children with them. The mothers haven't heard from their sons in months and have no idea where they are. Why do Zanni and Christine wish they trusted their instincts? Don’t miss the warning signs these moms say they recognized too late. The mothers accuse the fathers of shady business practices, and you won't believe what they say they discovered in their ex-husbands' home! The men are wanted for child abduction and there is a $25,000 reward for their capture. Then, David says he was happily married to Bruna and had a 4-year-old son whom he loved dearly. When he dropped them off at the airport in 2004, he never imagined that would be the last time he would see either of them for years. When Bruna arrived in her native Brazil, she called David and told him she wanted a divorce. David, who was devastated by his wife's actions, has fought tirelessly to regain custody of his son. Recently, this story took a tragic turn. Hear from David's attorney and get insight into his case. And, after losing custody of her 14-month-old, Cecilia went on the run and became a fugitive. She says fleeing was her only option, but now that she's been arrested and has served time, would she do it again? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: molhh3 on Jul 3, 2009, 2:03PM - In reply to kaystar34
Given that you joined the program in progress, you may not have heard the male attorney make the first insulting, condescending remark directly to the female attorney.  I was shocked at his unprofessional tone and language which does not belong in the 21st century.  in In my opinion, the female attorney was standing up for herself.  

Replied By: savinggraces on Jul 2, 2009, 11:33PM
Dr. Phil.

You said to a mother that she may have hurt herself when she decided to take the law into her own hands in order to protect her own child.  Her story is like thousands of women's and most of us turn to the system that then allows our abuser to kidnap our children legally as we further endure abuse in the system.

Look up "Lawyer's Lies Sent Me to Bad PA" or "Model In Two Front Tug of War" via Google or even read the first half of Chris Gardner's novel The Pursuit of Happyness to read real stories of a failed system that is not protecting children, victims of domestic violence and families. 

The "Family" court system is destroying families, tearing children from their loving parent and putting them in the hands of violent, narcisistic and very dangerous sociolpaths.  You had Bridget Marks on your show years ago and she is the only mother I know who has one back her children.

People generally believe that women always win custody, so when a woman loses, people believe there must really be something wrong with her.  I beg to differ.  A recent study conducted by a New York organization VOW (Voices of Women) shows that in custody cases where abuse/domestic violence is an issue, 70 percent of the cases go in the favor of the abuser.

What is going on in this country? 

Sad mother of two, missing them dearly,

SavingGraces

Replied By: ccmanser on Jul 2, 2009, 8:07AM
I was charged 5 years ago with interferance of Custody. I was arrested placed on bond and unable to have any contact with my daughter as a term of my bond. After over 3 years of waiting the case against me was dropped because it was not true. Then my ex husband and his new wife who had kept my child during this time disappeared with my daughter.
I have tried for years to get this in order and do not know how to proceed any further. I worry about my daughter and her well being mentally and physically. Her father almost killed me when we were together and now he has my daughter and I can't protect her.
I have had to live and try not to fall apart all the time because of this situation.
This has been the hardest part of my days for 5 years and I am afraid it will be for the next 10 years until my daughter is 18.
I am a good mother and I still don't understand how this could happen to my daughter in the United States in the time we live in.
Please help me help  my daughter!

Replied By: luckymom864 on Jul 1, 2009, 9:43PM
In the case of Cecilia and her 14 month old daughter i feel for her. I m a mother of three and have reached out to social services for help when my 3 yr old son came home from his fathers with bruises all over his bottom. I will never never reach out to them again .......help was not what was recieved. The Investagater found him guilty due to the pictures and his confesion but all that was givin in court was a slap on the hand. What Cecilia did may not have been right but i dont believe for one minit that social services would have helped. So she was left  with the question what can i do?

Replied By: justteena on Jul 1, 2009, 9:23PM
I would like to comet on todays show re; the mother whom took her child on the run. I have been a victim of domestic violence in which lead to a divorce. I have lost all faith in our justice system. Since trying to divorce my husband I have learned that money pays off the system. I have felt at times just like the mother who took her child on the run.  Left with no other options and no one who will listen to the Truth sometimes you have no other option then to take your child and run. When you are asked to raise your right hand and take the oath I took that to heart. Although I have learned that is far from the truth.
Now that is Sad!!!!!!!!

Replied By: mischka on Jul 1, 2009, 8:04PM
Wow, that male lawyer on the last segment was so sexist and rude to Kimberly. "I should be your father"? Really? Translated: I am a man and better than you so don't try to assert your opinions. How disgusting. It's appalling that Dr.Phil didn't say anything to that man about being such a woman-hater.

Replied By: katieshoes on Jul 1, 2009, 6:49PM - In reply to libnoe
That attorney was disgusting!

Replied By: kaystar34 on Jul 1, 2009, 6:34PM - In reply to batinthebelfry
I agree with you that the young lawyer, Kimberly Gruber??, was unprofessional. I had forgotten this show was coming on tonight and I turned it on when she was speaking to the man, who I have found out was another attorney. No matter what was being debated or who was wrong or right, it struck me that she sounded like a teenager. I thought that the man she was speaking to was her step-father and she was an angry 17 year old! When I read what the show was about and who said what, I then googled her name to see who she was, and lo and behold! it said she was a lawyer. With all of that unbridled emotion, I wouldn't pay a penny for her to defend me. She needs to mature a bit and get control of herself. Dr. Phil, was there no other attorney that you could get to come on your show in place of her? I'll bet you'll do your research a little better next time. She caused the end of your show to make the essense of your show take on a less serious tone. It became all about her, but that's what young people think, that it's all about them and they know everything!

Replied By: aprilc3 on Jul 1, 2009, 6:22PM - In reply to libnoe
While I agree with you that everyone in the situation has lost a great deal and that is very painful, what happened to David and his child is wrong. What the stepfather in Brazil has done is wrong. Bruna was wrong. Bruna and the stepfather were being selfish and were not looking in the best interest of the child and the child's father, but for themselves.

It's not just the past because Sean is still alive and David still can't see him because the stepfather takes him out of the house when David tries to visit and has munipulated the laws so he can keep a child that really isn't his own.

Replied By: libnoe on Jul 1, 2009, 6:11PM - In reply to toonces302
She is dead!!!

Showing 1-10 of total 90 Comments