Twitter Facebook YouTube

2009 Shows

(Original Air Date: 12/02/08) Do you ever wonder how your favorite Dr. Phil guest is faring since being on the show? Dr. Phil follows up with some of his most talked-about guests. Up first is the story of a little girl named Kaylee. Her mother, Krista, and grandmother, Bonii, alleged she was being sexually abused by her father, Jeremy. He vehemently denied the allegations, but a lie detector test found him to be deceptive. Find out the shocking twist that has occurred since their appearance two years ago. Next, Shenek admitted that she hated ugly people and didn't want to associate with them. She also had a diva attitude and gave the show a list of demands before her appearance. Shenek says she got a wake-up call when Dr.Phil conducted an experiment to show her what kind of first impression she was making on others. Has she changed? Is there a diva in the house this time around? You'll be shocked when you find out the answers! Then, when Sylvia first appeared on the show for help coping with the death of her husband, she was seven months pregnant and struggling to raise twin 4-year-olds. Now days away from delivering a baby girl, she joins the show via Web cam to share how she's doing. Don't miss the surprise Dr. Phil has for her -- one which you may have contributed to! And, remember Pierre who couldn't decide what was more important: his mother and the luxuries she provided him or his wife? During his second appearance, Dr. Phil told him that his mom was holding his manhood in a Dixie cup, and he needed to man up. Did he listen to Dr. Phil's advice, or is his mom still clinching the purse strings? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: joannmiller on Jun 20, 2009, 7:16PM
In my opinion, I think Shenek needs some professional therapy.  There has to be something in her past that makes her talk and act like she does.  Usually when people see themselves on TV, it wakes them up but it doesn't seem to have happened with her.  She needs to realize that beauty is only skin deep.  I pray to God that she never has an accident that may mar her looks.  She will be devastated .  She probably would lose her mind.

She is so self centered.  She is an attractive woman but her personality must turn most people off immediately.

Jo Ann in NJ

Replied By: beblessed55 on Jun 19, 2009, 4:01PM - In reply to craig1394
Haven't  you realized it yet, don't worry about what "the Shenek"s of the world" think about you, just worry about what "Our Creator" thinks, after all, He created you.  Be Blessed.

Replied By: dearcop on Jun 19, 2009, 3:37PM
A book was offered and Dr Phil guaranteed positive results in 14 days if everyone involved made a genuine commitment to follow a few simple rules.  I

I would like to purchase the book he was refering to on the  Friday morning of June 19th, 2009.

I was unable to find it on the  web page he spoke of.

Can you help me?  I sure would appreciate any help you can give me.

Thank you, Thom Lacey ... tdlacey@hotmail.com

Replied By: pgsmith526 on Jun 19, 2009, 12:00PM - In reply to gmom29
My son was abused (didn't go as far as penetration or a sexual act...he was told to fondle the boys private area) by a teenage male babysitter.  I thought I was doing a good thing by choosing a male, but I was wrong. We got a prosecution against the boy and to this day I don't know how because I know it is very difficult to do.  Just like you said, I think it's more hard to believe when they are teenagers.

Replied By: pgsmith526 on Jun 19, 2009, 11:56AM
I don't think parents realize yelling at their children is verbal abuse.  My grandson's mother is a yeller and she threatens to do mean things to her children. Like she'll say, "get off that stool or I'll crack your head open myself."  She is a very young mother, under 22, with four children...the oldest is only six.  It's very sad to see her treat them this way (especially when I hear her yelling at my grandson) because she doesn't see how much she is hurting them for the rest of their lives.  They don't deserve to be treated this way.

Replied By: gmom29 on Jun 19, 2009, 9:54AM
Dr.phil       
this story is so so sad and hits really close to home. I have a grand child that was abused by a family member . we pressed charges and lost the court case even after my 6yr old grandchild got on the stand. this family member was a teenager at the time. I just don't understand why its so hard for people to accept the truth and find him guilty. because just they let him off!!! God knows the truth and my grandchild continues to suffer. panic attacks and nightmares. what is it ? is it because the offender was kid too? thank God for the people at Childsafe they are helping my grandbaby.

Gmom29

Replied By: cookieswife on Jun 19, 2009, 7:51AM
Shanika, Shenique, or however she is choosing to spell her name today must be unaware of how insipid she appears to others. She needs to re-route some of the money that she spends on hair and make-up to improving her inner-self, starting with education. Her poor grammar and her limited vocabulary demonstrate  her need to further her education. I observed a thirty-something woman with the limited vocabulary of one of my fourteen year old students, and sounding like a teenybopper when one is a mature woman is indeed very unattractive, not to mention extremely unsophisticated.  Yet, she seems to suffer from the delusion that she is not only sophisticated , but also an authority on beauty and sophistication
As far as her outer beauty, I see none of that extraordinary bone structure that is characteristic of the world's great beauties. Indeed, I observed that she has  very banal physical features that are inordinately enhanced by skillfully applied  make-up and extravagant "hair".Hence, another reason that she should focus on her inner beauty. Father Time may not be kind to her

Shenique must realize that changing to spelling of one's name or even changing one's name is simply a silly and articial attempt to improve one's status in the eyes of others. Does she not realize that some of the world's most beautiful, accomplished women had simple, ordinary names, like Lena Horne, Diana Ross, Josephine Baker, Elizabeth Taylor, Audrey Hepburn, Diana Spencer, etc... They kept the names that their parents gave them, in addition to the common, accepted spellings. Remember the words of the Bard in reference to names "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet." and more recently by a well-known politician, " You can put lipstick on a pig......."  Both famous statements refer to the superficiality which I overserve in the behavior of   Shenique.

Replied By: fatladyhouse on Jun 19, 2009, 4:11AM
dr phil, good morning...what is your take on the knuckle head cop in texas that tazered the 72 year old woman and the fact that his chief had the nerve to describe him as a peace officer...in my opinion...both him and his chief should be gfired

Replied By: afraid on Jun 18, 2009, 10:00AM - In reply to yesyoucan
count me in, ill do all i can as well.

Replied By: gigicats6 on Jun 14, 2009, 12:20PM
i can't wait to see how she's doing.  i just wondered last week why dr phil hadn't had her on again, i remember too how hard that was for him.  i was surprised too that he couldn't get more donated for her, but i think he wanted to give her time to grieve.  i can't wait to see this show. 

Showing 1-10 of total 18 Comments