Twitter Facebook YouTube

2012 Shows

(Original Air Date: 10/20/11) When 16-year-old Becca learned she was pregnant with her boyfriend, Austin’s, baby, she found herself at the center of a bitter battle between her unborn child’s grandmothers. Margie, Becca's mom, insists the baby should live with her so she can help raise her grandchild. Meanwhile, Austin's mother, Debra, is demanding a major role in the child's life, and saying she already feels cut out. With both grandmothers fighting for involvement before the child is even born, Becca and Austin are frustrated and want Dr. Phil's help to stop the power struggle. Watch as sparks fly when the grandmothers-to-be face off! And, Dr. Phil does not mince words when he tells the women what their ownership is in their teens' predicament. Can this child be born into a peaceful family — and not a tug-of-war? Parents: Have you talked with your teen about the responsibilities of being sexually active and the importance of protecting themselves? Don't miss this show!

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: kaykday on Sep 27, 2013, 3:59PM - In reply to lulubelle416
Both Austin and Becca's Dads are in their lives.
Neither were asked to participate in the show by Dr. Phil's staff.

Replied By: kaykday on Sep 27, 2013, 3:56PM - In reply to mgil2011
Austin's Dad was not asked to be a part of this show.
He is very involved in Austin's upbringing and now helping with the baby.

Replied By: kaykday on Sep 27, 2013, 3:54PM - In reply to auburnjenn
Austin's Dad IS very involved in Austin's life.  He was not asked by the show to participate.  He and Austin have a great relationship and he helps with the baby.  He has been a part of Austin's life all along.

Replied By: kaykday on Sep 27, 2013, 3:53PM - In reply to flutist4god
To answer your question, NO, neither of these families have faith-based lives.

Replied By: kaykday on Sep 27, 2013, 3:51PM - In reply to mycita
I know you were cynical about the outcome for Austin and Becca, but they are still together, graduated high school, working jobs and going to college.  They are raising their son and he is happy.  There is still problems between the two Moms, however.

Replied By: kaykday on Sep 27, 2013, 3:48PM - In reply to mikesb
Austin and Becca are doing well.  They are both working and going to school.  The baby is now about 20 months old and is doing great.  All parents on boths sides are involved with raising the baby.  The mothers of Austin and Becca still have their issues.

Replied By: kaykday on Sep 27, 2013, 3:46PM - In reply to ooptydoop777
Hello - I know this family.  The fathers of both Becca and Austin were never asked to participate on this episode of Dr. Phil.  Austin's father, particularly, is very involved in Austin's life.  I was surprised that Dr. Phil didn't ask about the Dad's.  Becca and Austin were not raised by single Mom's.  The Dads are not with the Moms, however.

Replied By: kaykday on Sep 27, 2013, 3:44PM - In reply to spencerdog
Austin's Dad helped raise him, but he lived with his Mom in Milford to go through school.
He is still in Austin's life and sees Austin, Becca and the baby regularly.

Replied By: strapper on Jun 15, 2012, 1:58PM
The father should have equal rights to that child.  That father should be on the birth certificate! 

My son, who is 23 and his girlfriend 27 announced she/they was pregnant last August.  September she broke it off with him.  This totally devistated him, in fact he slept on my couch for 2 months, the mother  of their child would have nothing to do with him.  HE was prepared to get a home for the three of them, and she decided she wanted nothing to do with him, and it was HER baby.
My son met a woman and started getting his life back in order, and the mother of his child decided she she didn't want him, but didn't want anyone else to have him either!  She started stalking my son.  My son had to call the authorities.
The baby was born April 30th in which my son found out two days after from a friend of a friend....he immediately went to the county clerk of courts to request a paternity test.  No avail...because he wasn't on the birth certificate, and the mother was not requesting child support, or on state aid insurance he had no rights.  In order for him to get a paternity test to verify it is his son he has to hire a lawyer at $1500.00. 
Now, I ask, how fair is that?  It does take two to make a baby...the alleged father should be able to request a paternity test.
This is all selfishness, think of the child and STOP thinking of yourselves.

Replied By: chopps92 on Jun 14, 2012, 8:42AM
Ok Dr.Phil what you are saying is right but what gets me today and has made me want to jump threw the tv is your holy than tho additude. You have never made mistakes your boys have always been perfect, i highly doubt it. These 2 kids made a mistake YES they had unprotected sex they were in the heat of the moment stupid but it happened so why grill them on it really whats done is done so instead of grilling them talk about the issue and that is the moms being crazy. As for these moms yes be there to support the kids but understand they are the parents they need your support not you fighting. Also the father is allowed to have the child stay at the house for the night, i think the dad should go to the courts to get the judge to make the decision, not the moms and NOT Dr. Phil. Believe me i DO NOT agree what so ever on kids haveing babies and if these moms realy have never talked to them about sex then thats there bad. I have 2 kids and my oldest is 18 and we started talking to him when he was 12 about sex and my daughter is 11 and we have started talking to her about sex. Come on people get with it instead of denying that your kids ar gonna have sex just accept it and talk to your kids.

Showing 1-10 of total 140 Comments