2011 Shows

(Original Air Date: 09/26/11) Could you share your husband with two additional wives? Meet the Dargers: A happy family made up of one husband, three wives and 24 kids. Joe Darger and his wives, twin sisters Vicki and Valerie, and their cousin, Alina, join Dr. Phil for a candid discussion about their polygamous lifestyle. From their daily routine to their unusual honeymoon, and the possibility of adding a fourth wife, get a rare look into plural marriage. By authoring the book, Love Times Three, the Dargers are coming out of hiding and are ready to tackle the toughest questions about their choices -- but could they also be facing criminal charges? The family insists their union is a love story; the same as everyone else's -- only multiplied by three. What do you think?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: strine on Sep 26, 2012, 9:16PM
Why are people so shocked that a man has 3 wives? In the Christian bible there were men with multiple wives. I don't see a problem with it as long as everyone is happy to be there and the married people are over the minimum age. Everyone judging those people obviously is not happy with their own life and doesn't like the idea of other people being happy. They look like they take great care of their kids and their kids are all healthy. I bet religious politicians who've cheated on their wives would be the first in line to throw a rock at these people. I say good on them xoxo

Replied By: penfold on Sep 26, 2012, 8:35PM
Math Problem One - How does an ordinary person afford such a massive house and support so many children?

Math Problem Two - If all Americans accepted pural marriage, eventually male fetuses would have to be aborted to allow for females to be born at a rate of 3 :1.

The positives - In-house female support;  A shared child-rearing experience; A break from the constant expectation of sex; When he dies, your family doesn't fall apart.

The negatives - Open to abuse, Demonstrations of intimacy would be limited to the bedroom (not good for the wife OR the kids), Eventually the chances of marrying a close relative increases dramatically, Females have to program themselves to want sex at specific times and push down urges at other times.

What is comes down to - Like most churches, the Mormon church recognised that it had to rapidly expand its congregation or perish. If one person can have 40+ children, they alone can fill a church. This does little for the needs of the planet or the basic requirement that a diverse gene pool makes for strong human beings. 

Isn't it strange - How all three of his wives were brought up in plural marriage homes. Indoctrination really works!

They aren't criminals - Just people who have grown up in large families and have low expectations of the sort of attention that wives should receive from their husbands. There are worse things in the world but it's definitely NOT for me.    

Replied By: ruth36301 on Jan 4, 2012, 1:13PM - In reply to vasallese
Agreed...this is just another way for a man to just continually have constant sex, with several partners. It's disgusting and illegal. He should be shot and they should be punished to. This justs shows he refuses to control his sexual urges and used multiply "marriages" to "legalize" it . DISGUSTING

Replied By: deceivednlost on Dec 28, 2011, 9:18PM
i just left a comment an was talking about the married couple where the husband was cheating with her friend i think the title of the show was love triangle not to use to this site yet so sorry everyone my mistake!!!!

Replied By: deceivednlost on Dec 28, 2011, 9:13PM
First off id like to start out by saying atleast you have to give credit where credit is do seemed like the guy was being very honest! I was shocked an baffled by the wife sitting there and just being lil betty home maker while her husband has been having an ongoing affair for sometime even before they got married an then the other women marrying his cousin what a betrayal on both their parts she an him should be ashamed for themselves he should of told his cousin what the he** was going on and the wife shoulda let him go  an cut her losses to very pretty woman fighting over a man that wants his cake an eat it to pure insanity they are all so young an i highly agreed with what dr phil said about a relationship starting thru an affair will almost 100 percent of the time never work out if he cheated on his girlfriend wich then became his wife an continued to cheat it will happen to her at one point to sooner or later an like the man said i could leave this stage now with the mistress then a week a month the next 5 minutes want to be back with my wife i honestly think this poor young mother should leave an not look back move on heal her wounds an scars an cut her losses she is still so young an quite beautiful!!!!! I would love for Dr phil to give us all an update on this couple an i will keep their family in my prayers!!!!!

Replied By: joannr on Dec 28, 2011, 6:45PM
My view of people like this has always been tinted by groups like Warren Jeffs and other shows where the man seems to be the lord and master.  

I personally could not ever take part in something like this, but these people seem to have it worked out and seem happy.  They aren't living on welfare or in a compound somewhere.   They have no problem with their children not following their beliefs and encourage them to look for what they believe in.  

Bottom line - I won't know until I face God (if I get that chance) if I've did it right or not.  This wouldn't work for me, but I would have no problem living next door to this family.

Replied By: bonniel on Dec 25, 2011, 3:02PM - In reply to samonde
I totally agree with you!

Replied By: coletted on Dec 25, 2011, 8:46AM
the jury found her not guilty  the system worksd nd if they were wrong it will all  catch up with her just like it did with OJ

Replied By: nsulli64 on Dec 24, 2011, 7:00PM
I have been in several monogomous relationships.  All failed and I was miserable as well as my kids.    I see nothing wrong with this family.  I would be open to this sort of family if it brought happiness.  Dysfunctional to me is monogomous relationships and broken homes.  This is not a dysfunctional family.  They are a high functioning family.  God Bless You.

Replied By: onlinelooking on Dec 23, 2011, 9:25PM
I personally don't believe in the way these people live, but that's my belief.  If this is the way they want to live they should be left alone.  I don't think there is any difference in a plural marriage family and a gay family.  It's not up to us to judge.  As long as there aren't any children being abused or young girls being forced to marry, then let them be.

Showing 1-10 of total 421 Comments