Twitter Facebook YouTube

2011 Shows

More than three years ago, thousands of volunteers combed an Orlando suburb in search of missing 2-year-old Caylee Anthony. But when a chilling discovery in December ended all hope, and behavior seemingly inconsistent with a concerned mother pointed toward the child's mother, Casey Anthony was arrested. This summer, Casey was put on trial for Caylee's murder in a televised courtroom drama that captivated a country -- and ended as sensationally as it began. Citing insufficient evidence, the jury found Casey not guilty of first-degree murder, aggravated manslaughter, and aggravated child abuse, but found her guilty of four counts of providing false information to authorities. By sitting down with Dr. Phil, Casey’s parents, George and Cindy Anthony, broke their silence for the first time following the trial. In the final chapter of this three-part interview, Dr. Phil turns the spotlight to the courtroom and breaks down the process that led to the acquittal that rocked the nation. Will Cindy admit to lying under oath to protect her only daughter? How much did the family know about Casey’s shocking defense strategy? Plus, the one question no one has ever asked. Don’t miss the dramatic conclusion.
Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: novstorm on Mar 9, 2014, 4:52PM - In reply to portia4
OMG I cant believe the things you said, Of course no one would want her to babysit for their kids. BUT the thing here is if they cannot prove how this baby died and by whom or when how the hell can they say Casey did it? They didnt prove it point blank, I am sure they wanted to convict but they did their jobs. No one has the irght to convict someone because they "just know they are guilty" that is NOT how our system workds thanks God.  You can scream guilty all day long but please do not serve on a jury if you cannot put adise your personal feelings because your feeling can be wrong. You go by EVIDENCE and there was none to prove that she killed her child. I knew from  the day that trial started that she would walk because I paid attentiont o what was gpoing on, no evidence and what the defense was saying about her dad and brother. You can sit there all day long and yell guilty but YOU have to prove it. Asking if people want this woman to babysit is just assinine.

Replied By: novstorm on Mar 9, 2014, 4:45PM - In reply to housewife52
Marcia also thought she had enough evidence to convict OJ too but she didnt. People who swear to do their jobs as jurors know that they have to put aside the personal feelings that they have about a case. They have to weigh the evidence and this jury diid. I think CA killed her daughter. But it doesnt matter what I feel. Show me the evidence. They dont even know how this llittle girl died or where she died or how she died nor can they prove by whos hands that she died . Marcia Clark is no one  to get onTV and start this crap. She is a terrible attorney and was busy having an affair with the other attorney and having her suits shortened every day and a different hair style every day during that OJ farce. To the extent of being warned by the judge to stop making her skirts so short, SHe was an embarassment to the law profession and was not prepared and borred the jury to death with DNA and knew that the cops were lying and that evidence had been tampered with, left in the trunk of cars and so on. Yeah please find sommeone else to pay attention to.

Replied By: ashbabymonkey on Nov 4, 2012, 2:58AM - In reply to nbrown8
Part three is on youtube

Replied By: ashbabymonkey on Nov 4, 2012, 2:54AM
Before viewing the episode featureing the Anthony's I never really thought much about my feelings toward George and Cindy Anthony. After viewing the interview Dr Phil done with them it has gave me a view on it I never had before. I think what Dr Phil is doing is great the fact that he helps people the way he does and gets their story out there in the world. I say this helped change peoples minds and opne their eyes a lot more hearing their side to the story. I also understand that Cindy would love Casey and want to take up for her that being her daughter but the fact that after what happened her lieing to them about Caley really bothers me and I can not wrap my mind around how she can make excusses for her because I feel they are no excuss in the world good enough for the lies she told. I really believe though that the excuss makes it easier for Cindy to deal with things better then her faceing the truth and what really went on.

Replied By: jeannekcfan on Jan 10, 2012, 1:43PM
I'm shocked of how many excuses Cindy has for her daughter! I do understand that it must be the most hard thing to hate your own daughter or whatever you feel towards her when she has killed her own child! I can't even imagine what was going on in Casey's head but i also don't understand what's going on in Cindy's head!

The thing that worried the most was Cindy saying that she would let Casey babysit a child! She said that she felt safe about it - (quote) "specially when it's another one's child" .. well, if she can kill her own baby, her own baby! Then i don't think she would have a problem with killing other people's children! That comment from Cindy made no sense at ALL!

But Casey didn't get in jail for it or anything? And by the way who IS the Anthony's? Are they celebs? Because i have never heard of them before, i live in Denmark so like i don't know anyone from over there! ;) 

Replied By: whisperedkiss on Nov 8, 2011, 2:15PM - In reply to seeyah
Um no. That diary entry was written in 2003, not 2008, years before Caylee was ever born. Care to try again?

Replied By: whisperedkiss on Nov 8, 2011, 2:07PM - In reply to housewife52
Casey was aqcuitted because there was sufficent REASONABLE DOUBT to indicate she did not murder her child, or that someone else was involved. The prosecution failed to prove without a shadow of a doubt that Casey murdered her child in cold blood, that she acted alone and with forethought, and that the only way she died was by her mothers hands. They could not prove that Casey drove the remains to that part of the woods and that she and she alone buried the body. 

You don't throw someone in jail for life, or worse give the death penalty, when there is a shred of doubt in your mind. 

The jury followed the judges instructions and the letter of the law. They did not let their personal feelings cloud their legal obligation. They should be commended not vilified. 

Replied By: jobins on Oct 7, 2011, 11:30AM
My name is Stephanie and I am from Sudbury, Ontario, Canada,
I followed they story of Caylee since the beginning, and I have just watched the interview with the Anthony's.
I am a new parent I have a beautiful 6 month old baby boy, and as a new parent and a human I don’t understand what is going on in the head of Cindy, she says "something is wrong with my daughter" no something is definitely wrong with you as well.
If that lil gurl drown why was she duck taped, and why was she buried in the woods,
Cindy you really have to face the facts, let’s pretend Casey is not your daughter, and look at the signs. I live in another country and I don’t even have to hear the evidence to know in my heart why she did, the lies that you speak of the truth in your voices you know too, you just have to say it out loud.
I would love to spend one minute alone with a mother who can hurt their own or allows hurt allowed to them. 1 minute.
And now I hear in the media that Casey is being offered money for her story, are you kidding me. She deserves a lot of something but I don’t think it’s appropriate to write that on this site, I may get in trouble, but I know she does deserve something’s I’m sure everyone can use their imagination.
Really my final thought, Caylee was a beautiful baby and like so many beautiful lil ones who are taking by the ones who are suppose to protect them from everyone and everything. Bless your lil hearts and to all you retarded, heartless mothers who hurt your children. just bring them to your neighbors and say "I don’t want them, and I don’t want to hurt them" If someone was to knock on my door in the next 5 minutes and said that,  there would be 1 less dead child and 1 more member of my family.
I get so angry talking about this, it breaks my heart,

Replied By: nbrown8 on Oct 4, 2011, 8:25PM
Did part 3 ever air, if so when?

Replied By: tnahancock05 on Oct 3, 2011, 8:17PM
I never saw part 3 or 4 I had it set to record and it never came on? My listings had it set for today and tomorrow and it's no longer on my listings I want to see the rest of the interview!

Showing 1-10 of total 954 Comments