Twitter Facebook YouTube

2011 Shows

It’s Ask Dr. Phil Day, with a spotlight on life-changing moments and decisions that can shape your future forever. Is it an attractive woman’s responsibility to tone down her looks on the job? Debrahlee made headlines when she claimed she was fired for being too pretty. She says she was told that with her figure, her pencil skirts, turtlenecks and three-inch heels were too distracting for her male colleagues and supervisors. Was her work or her wardrobe to blame for her termination? Then, would you stay married to a man whom you feel has destroyed your trust? Rita says she was raped by her husband, Greg, more than five years ago, but he sees the situation quite differently. How can their marriage survive this heartbreaking misunderstanding? And, Serina brought home a silver medal for boxing in the 2008 Junior Olympics but claims her father’s constant need for her to succeed knocked her right out of the sport. How can this teen re-ignite her fight without it driving a wedge between her and her father? Plus, don’t miss a moving story of loss that will have you hugging your spouse a little tighter.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: jackie24 on Dec 6, 2011, 6:39AM - In reply to melanieburns89
I totally agree with you. I was in shock that she said it was rape. I called my boyfriend up and said according to Doctor Phil you've raped me alot. Rape is no joke. Men have a higher sex drive than women its always on their minds. She didnt say no. I wonder if she had of said no or got really serious would he have backed off. We'll never know. I know when I say no and get to the point that he's really bugging me my boyfriend sulks but will try it on again the next day. He didnt force her. I wonder how many times Dr Phil has woken his wife up with a poke in the backside and she pretends to feel nothing and be asleep then eventually gives in cause if she doesnt he wont stop. There is a big difference between rape and what happened to that woman!

Replied By: melanieburns89 on Nov 14, 2011, 6:10PM
I just watched the episode of rita saying her husband raped her, she said " do u want me to just open my legs and let you do it? " That is not rape, I feel for all the rape victims out there that would have been disgusted to watch your show that day, as was I. I bet a million women out there that have been violently raped wished that they had the opportunity to say NO. Rita had the chance to say no and not be in that situation alot of women do not. I also feel for the husband he has been pulled over the coals, I believe that he has put up with this rubbish for years. Everyone may not agree with me but I am totally entitled to an opinion and it seems I am not alone in my thinking.

Replied By: carolinalass on Jun 17, 2011, 8:16AM
Dr. Phil, I agree with you 99.9% of the time.  I routinely quote you and your excellent advice.  But this time, I completely disagree.

I'm a 64 year old married woman, and mother of six grown "kids", so this "ain't my first rodeo".

I feel that the husband who "raped" his wife was insensitive, and rude. But RAPE?  Dr. Phil, take a poll of your married female audience. Make this the question:  Have you ever said "OK" to sex with your husband, when you really didn't want it?  Did you consider yourself raped?

I think what you had there, was a rude, insenstive man, married to an attention whore. It was obvious that she was eating up all the attention.

Replied By: fancypantsmom on Jun 12, 2011, 11:53AM - In reply to ruth10503
Did you actually watch the show? Rita said "no" for TWO HOURS while he continuously hounded her.

Replied By: grambarb1 on Jun 11, 2011, 12:54PM
I would say that I'm amazed that you were treated this way but people can be so mean.  Women are jealous and the men apparently were unable to control their thoughts and reactions to you had to put the blame on you.  You are drop dead gorgeous and even more so in your lack of arrogance about it.  Dr Phil has had plenty of female guests who think they are gorgeous but don't come by it naturally as do you AND they're so arrogant they were totally unlikeable!  Stay who you are and I wish you the best of luck in your battle.

Replied By: grambarb1 on Jun 11, 2011, 12:33PM
If my ex wasn't dead and looked different I would swear it was him.  I tolerated that for years, stupid me.  After being nagged for hours and not being allowed to sleep until I gave in and said just do it, while it's not a violent rape it's a rape nevertheless.  I had surgery on my knee, my thigh was swollen and my knee was painful didn't matter to him!  I hope you get help and get past this though, don't let it ruin the rest of your life please.

Replied By: lynnee03 on Jun 8, 2011, 3:42PM - In reply to aerink
I applaud you for having the courage to be on Dr. Phil!!!!   I am outraged at some ot the comments that people have posted about it NOT being rape.!!!  Unless you have been through it, you have NO right to judge!!!!!!!!!!!  My ex-husband's idea of sex was how fast and how many times a day!!  He took pride in saying we were still on our honeymoon.  My oldest son is almost 40 and after he was born, my ex waited about 5 weeks before he wanted to have sex.  My 2nd son was born in 1974.  My ex only waited ONE WEEK before he HAD TO HAVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Just watching you, I could feel your anger and pain.  I have been divorced from my ex for 17 years and I still get angry when I think about it.  He STILL doesn't think he did anything wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I felt the EXACT same way you do.  Listening to Dr. Phil helped me a great deal as I know it did you.  People have no idea what if feels like to be married to a sex addict!!!  My thoughts and prayers are with you!!!  You are a hero in my opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  God bless you!!  I know your husband loves you and hope he gets the help he needs.  Let me know how you are doing!!

Replied By: ritatheguest on Jun 8, 2011, 3:02PM - In reply to aerink
Thank you for your understanding.
~Rita

Replied By: jimw11 on Jun 8, 2011, 2:09PM
Based on the information given it was NOT rape it was a misunderstanding!

Replied By: ruth10503 on Jun 8, 2011, 12:37AM
I love ya Dr. Phil, but I think you called this one wrong. I don't feel you can put the "Rape" label on this. I think it has to be called stupidity. She never said NO and he didn't bother reading the in between lines that she was giving. I agree at some point he should have put it together, but he didn't. I think you were way to hard on him, I don't believe he would ever do it again and now knows the signs of his wife not really wanting it. He truly loves her and I feel you just validated her reasons for divorce, I think she wants out and that isn't the only reason.

Showing 1-10 of total 122 Comments