Twitter Facebook YouTube

2011 Shows

The dramatic intervention is underway to save Alexandra from what her parents and Dr. Phil believe is a dangerous addiction to prescription pills. Alexandra finally relents and listens to emotional pleas from her sister, Katherine, and mother, Erin. Will their sentiments strike a chord with her? And why may this be the last communication they have with her? Alexandra and her father, Marty, have always had a tight bond, but their relationship has been strained since she has separated herself from the family. Will it be Marty’s tearful plea that inspires Alexandra to seek treatment? Then, find out why police are called to the house during the intervention. When Brandon confronts Alexandra with the reality of her situation and shares his firsthand experience, will the mom of three commit to change? Plus, learn about the difficult decision Erin and Marty make that may land Alexandra in jail.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: valerielynne17 on Nov 22, 2011, 7:25PM - In reply to prunellafawlty
Too often we are so willing to point out the person with the problem instead of seeking solutions for ourselves and looking honestly at our own role(s). It becomes more bearable when you take the time to care for yourself AND your loved one by educating yourself and learning how best you can provide an environment that is healthy for yourself first.

I'm willing to bet the clean time she has now is in great part to what she saw you do for yourself.

God bless and keep you both.

Replied By: theblakecrew on Nov 8, 2011, 10:16PM
I continue to wait for Alexandras 'light-bulb moment' to come.  Dr Phil seems to think it will come in jail but I fear it will come through a drug overdosed hospital visit.  I've watched her on your show become more and more accepting of the fact her kids are where they will stay and distance herself from it all and when she is well this is one thing she is going to regret.  I have three kids and know that when her head is clearer and she looks at her children all grown up, she will regret missing those wonderful baby/toddler moments.  I wonder if more one-on-one Alexandra/Dr Phil stuff without bringing up Erin would be more beneficial than trying to push Erin and the family's love onto Alex.  She may accept Erin's love later in the picture but for the moment, Erin is one of the reasons Alex seems to put up her walls.  I am not blaming Erin, I can see she would do anything for her girls, but she is really full-on and Alex seems to think Erin is there for the attention from the Dr Phil Show and not for her.  Keep up the good work Dr Phil.  I don't agree with the others saying to give up on this girl.  I do hope beyond hope that in a few years, we see Alex where Brandon is... helping others get well.

Replied By: series1 on Oct 5, 2011, 3:52PM
Show times have changed in my area. Anything happening? Is a future show planned?

Replied By: marianparoo on Sep 8, 2011, 3:25AM - In reply to asiliram
...to show that she isn't addicted if that is the case and to have a nice holiday in a fancy-smancy place (no Betty Ford tough love for Alex, only the most luxurious of rehab centers!).

But she refused.

Face it, she either enjoys the drugs and/or isn't ready to give them up yet.

A friend of mine, who worked in rehab many years ago told me that one of her patients, a very, very rich man, said that he was only giving up drugs because he didn't have a vein that he could shoot up it. They were all wrecked. He said if he could continue he would,

Sounds like Alex, but she isn't on the needle. Yet. Maybe.

Replied By: asiliram on Sep 6, 2011, 2:47PM
I have followed the Dr Phil Family since the beginning. I can´t believe that there have been so many years. I live in Norway and they only just aired the latest show with the intervention. I was praying that Alexandra would take this help and finally the story would seem to have a happy ending.

I have cried and cried endlesly whilst watching all the shows of Alexandra. I see the pain in her eyes... but something is blocking her from taking any help nor admiting to herself that she has a problem.

I am thinking, if she feels she is not addicted... then reharb would be like a great holliday for her... why dosen´t she just do it so she can prove to everyone that she is right... she don´t have a problem. I have never understood that.

Alexandra... from all the way on the other side of the globe... I beg you!!! Take the help, please make this story with a happy ending. You deserve it. I have cried for you for 10 years... please please... I too now need this to be a happy ending. I feel so strongly for you and your pain. I have a lot of pain in my life, so I know how it is like. If I was offered all this help I would take it in a second... but then again I am not used to being offered help so I guess I would grab any chance I could. It is so hard for me to watch you say no to all the help. Please... give your life and your kids life a happy ending. I know it now probably feels like to much have been said, to much have been done that it is impossible to go back. But it is not... it is NEVER TO LATE.

I love you... and I will wait for that show with your happy ending. There can not be any other way.

Replied By: stephanie1987 on Aug 22, 2011, 4:45PM
My english is not that good, so i translate with google, sorry about that.
I follow you from the start. Your first pregnancy. I think you've got a great chance of Dhr. Phill. Alexandra, I was hoping you would learn to take care of yourself and your children. With the help Dhr Phil gave you it whase posible for you to have a happy family or your own. if there is one thing that I can ask you, please stay off drugs. Just do it for your kids. They will never forgive you if you dont. you will regret that.
For your sissiter i have to say this, stop the seaking for attention. stop the drugs and start bilding your life.
and for your parents, sometimes the best thing you can do is just take care of your own life and your grand kids. And if your daughters do not want to be helped then let them be and move on. its a hard thing to do but sometimes you need to think about yourself.

Replied By: zahira1 on Jul 26, 2011, 8:27AM
I am a diagnosed Chronic Pain Patient, and have been so since 2004 and yes, thankfully I do have the support of some excellent doctors.  I have also just finished significant research into disabling injury on men and the affect on their return to work experience.  So from this background I'm wondering if anybody has sat down with Alexandra in a non-threatening way and explored with her, what it is that she is afraid of if she stops her medication.  Is she afraid of the level of pain, is she afraid of what it will do to her? Is she afraid of losing control over herself?  To the outside world she may seem a drug addict, but back pain is invisible, so she could be being judged on a one incident basis. 

Being honest, her mother is absolutely no help in this situation.  You look at her mother, and she is just a older version of Alexandra.  She is an attention seeker, constantly looking for the world to focus on her.  Alexandra's Dad hit the nail on the head, when in one show he said to Alexandra's Mum "This is not about you, it is about Alexandra and the children, what you think feel etc does not matter, it is purely about the kids" He's right.  From what I've seen of Alexandra's Mum, all she does is create problems and tension.  She needs to get out of the picture completely.

Honestly, I think it's time for all to step back, bring a well qualified Social Worker in on the job so that Alexandra has a non critical, non judgemental, soft place to fall.  Her trust and confidence within herself needs to be rebuilt.  She doesn't need negetative labels of "drug addict".  If anything, she's probably harder on herself than anybody could be.

I'm not saying that she isn't without fault, I'm saying that this whole process needs a complete re-think and a new approach and Mum needs to butt out and stay out and please get her Dad more involved, she has a connection with him and Dad needs to be brought to the forefront in this.

Apologies if this has been done already.  But seriously her pain experience needs to be respected and she needs to know that if and when she is in pain, that there is help for her to deal with it that she won't have to deal with her back pain alone and medically unsupported.  Start here and you'll get traction.

Thoughts are with all.

Replied By: nowayaround on Jul 14, 2011, 2:18AM - In reply to shelzer652
U obviously know NOTHING about the foster care system. Because NO CHILD no matter how bad the situtuion (expect abuse or neglect) would be better off in the foster care system.

Replied By: marianparoo on Jul 8, 2011, 5:20PM - In reply to gull77
i think I made a comparison between the two right off. As soon as it became clear that no minority group "nanny" was responsible for Caylee's disappearance, even before the body of the child was found. Didn't think she could actually murder her children (there were only two then) but felt the dumping of the kids off with the grandparents while she partied did link her to Miss Anthony. And when it seemed she was letting her lover abuse her daughter it seemed that the link was even closer.

Replied By: gull77 on Jul 4, 2011, 8:01AM
I have just heard a tape of Casey Anthony speaking on the phone to her family when she was first arrested. Her attitude was identical to that displayed by Alexandra over the years. Ms. Anthony had been arrested and  phoned home for only one reason - to get her boyfriend "Tony's" phone number! Alexandra should listen to the Anthony tape. It might knock some sense into her.

Showing 1-10 of total 527 Comments