Twitter Facebook YouTube

2011 Shows

How much should looking good factor into your relationship? Today’s guests say appearance matters, and their mate is not up to their standards! Sandi says after six years of marriage, she misses her husband, Otto’s, six pack. He says working -- not working out -- is a priority for him, and nothing will satisfy his wife, who rates herself a 20 out of 10. But the couple does agree on one thing: whatever Sandi wants, Sandi gets. Will Otto agree to hit the gym? Then, Dawn worked hard to shed 150 pounds, and when the new svelte Dawn met Paul, sparks flew! He thought she was hot -- until she undressed. What is she hiding? Plus, discover why Dr. Phil wrestles with his decision to help Dawn and Paul. And, Cynthia says she’s embarrassed by her boyfriend’s outdated wardrobe, and refuses to be seen with him in public! Can a professional makeover change her opinion?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: sofiamcc on Jan 20, 2012, 10:33PM
Good Heavens what horrid people there are! Poor Sal, poor Dawn and poor "Sondi's" husband. I genuinely feel for all of you!

Replied By: ceiann on Jun 3, 2011, 3:10AM
Dawn...
You poor girl how low do you feel.To subject yourself to a person who would beat you down to jump over a puddle!! You are your own worst enemy. My love the things that creature said of you are among the worst that i have ever heard!!!! I am disgusted that a "person" could project such horrible things to such a beautiful woman. You do not see it and I can completely understand why. I have struggled with psoriasis for 13 years and it affects me from head to toe. I have two small children and they like the water just as I did when I was young. But I also am haunted by the skin and getting in a bathing suite is unbearable. I choose to grin and bare it at times because the joy they get is well worth the suffering in my own head, and I find most of all that it never mattered to them and it was time well spent an experience I could not replace. At the end of the day you should choose to surround yourself with uplifting people and trust me they are out there.

Truth be told I feel like a leper when I am out and about.People stare and children talk but I have errands like the rest of the world. It is unavoidable and it makes me stronger all the time. The thing I keep in my head is this " at least I am able to use my legs today". Just think about it next time you walk so casually to the bathroom, the task that involves and be grateful that you can because some cant.

On top of all that I in my 13 years of having this curse, that there is no surgery or cure for, I have never but 1 time had some one so ignorant to say anything to me to my face.That poor excuse for a human being is simple waisting your precious time. Time is not cheap and you cant get it back!!!  I have found a wonderful loving husband who I can say with out a doubt has never shied away from me or even so much as noticed my "defect". and there is some one out there (even better looking inside and out) that WILL see you.

So with all of my heart I hope you find in yourself what your looking for cause your imprefections is not at all what the world sees unless thats the image you show them.

That said drop that dead beat and trust that you deserve so much better. If he doesn't except you now he never will and even more important you never will with that unforgiving lack of support.

Replied By: slvrcity56 on Jun 2, 2011, 3:17PM
Dawn - Just want to tell you that not all men are unkind.  I lost 134 lbs through gastric bypass surgery and yes my skin is sagging all over the place but my dear husband still says "You're so beautiful" to me all the time.  I'm the one who feels ashamed of my "ugly" sagging skin and he's helping me get over it.  There are sweet loving men that do love their wives/girlfriends no matter what we look like.  As the old saying goes "it's what inside that counts". We all deserve to right to be cherished no matter what we look like.
 Sandie

Replied By: lunarose on Jun 2, 2011, 2:14PM
Dawn, Like you I too had weight loss surgery. And Ilike I do hate my loose baggy wrinkly skin. If I could afford it I'd get surgery in a heartbeat. But my husband who I have been with for over 30 years calls the sagginess my badge of honor proof of my hard work and how much I have lost. He loved me fat and he loves me thinner but waggier. That is the kind of man you deserve not someone so superficial.

Replied By: formerfatty on Jun 2, 2011, 11:17AM
I have been married for 21 years.  My husband met me after I had my first son and was still carrying some baby weight.  He fell in love with me anyway.  Over the years we had 3 more children in all that time I struggled with my weight, never getting below a size 14.  After the birth of my daughter in 98 I was never successful in losing much weight and eventually ballooned up to over 225lbs.  At 5'2" this was morbidly obese.  It was very depressing and I felt horrible about myself... Still my husband loved me.  He never told me I disgusted him or he wished I would lose weight.    He never put me down or made me feel bad about myself, which was good since I did enough of that myself. 
Finally after a couple years of thinking about it, I finally decided to look for a program to really help me get control of my weight with gastric bypass surgery, I felt this would my last resort and only hope.  My husband was very supportive of my decision and asked a few people at work he knew had lost alot of weight recently.  I ended up at a program that has been incredible through a local health care facility.  When I entered the program I had hit 244lbs.  I had my surgery 12/15/09. 
While. for me this was the best decision, I can relate with the struggles with body image your guest was having.  I too have excess skin.  I never thought I would be one of those people who would be worried about something like that, I find I am.  I work out a minimum of 5 days a week and have lost so much weight the program director and my surgeon have had me gain weight... still with the excess skin I find myself even more self concious than I was even before I lost weight.
I think the surgery will help your guest feel the self confidence she needs to kick this guy to the curb and find someone who will just love her for her.  I hope it makes her realize she should be loved for herself not for the way she looks.  I thank God my husband has loved me through all of this and has never made comments or suggested I need to work on my body.  I think as a women we do enough of that on our own.  Our men should love us for who we are. 

Replied By: mamahass on Jun 1, 2011, 11:42AM
Sandy (or whatever she calls herself) is so full of herself, it made me want to vomit.  I have a daughter with an eating disorder, and I can tell you she is sending those little girls there, fast.  She obviously thought she was the cutest thing going--I haven't read all tlhe comments, but I'd bet there are several woman looking to take her guy off her hands.
I don't ever wish bad things for anyone, but I think Sandy may need a real problem to bring her to reality.  If I were her best friend, l"d have to look for another one.

Replied By: blindjustice on May 29, 2011, 4:02PM - In reply to marbob11
Do you need someone to accept you as you are or do you want to wait till completion of surgery?  Why do you or should you have to wait or spend a large sum of money to be accepted.   You seem to be a wonderful person just the way you are, "Would you like to meet?"  Talk to Dr. Phil!  Not all things is LOVE, but LOVE is all things!  Now, don't get the horse before the cart, there are things that come in steps.

Replied By: blindjustice on May 29, 2011, 3:28PM - In reply to marbob11
Love is not based on a condition that you must meet, how much you must spend to meet a special condition to be accepted.  Not all things are LOVE, but LOVE is all things.  Love has to have a firm foundation before it can exist, emotion is not LOVE, but LOVE is very emotional!!  The emotion of LOVE makes LOVE very satisfying!!

Replied By: blindjustice on May 29, 2011, 3:20PM - In reply to marbob11
Who can't accept you as you are, clothed or otherwise is not someone that can or will stay commited to you in a relationship!  Would you like to meet someone that can accept you as you are?

Replied By: mazmam on May 29, 2011, 3:08PM
You know- after I had my son seven years ago I couldn't get the weight back off. My husband wouldn't touch me. He said I was disgusting. Well, it's been 7 years now... and he's impotent. Can't even make himself happy. And he's not looking all that pretty anymore. My stuff still works fine- and even though I'm fat- I'm STILL 16 years younger than he is... LOL! Karma good!

Showing 1-10 of total 142 Comments