Twitter Facebook YouTube

2011 Shows

Twelve-year-old Shanda Sharer was brutally murdered in 1992 and four teenage girls were convicted of the horrific crime. In the heart-pounding conclusion, and for the first time on national television, Shanda’s mother, Jacque, and sister, Paije, confront Hope Rippey, one of her killers. Will she at long last acknowledge the pain and suffering she’s caused? Can Jacque and Paije find forgiveness? What ownership will Hope admit to from that night? Don’t miss this emotional confrontation. And, could this tragedy have been prevented? Dr. Phil continues the discussion about this show and more, during his live chat today at 1:00 p.m. PT/4:00 ET!

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: comparecontras on Oct 14, 2013, 10:25PM - In reply to pattaematt
other in the media says the bible is loaded with more killings ect

Replied By: mistynl on Dec 18, 2011, 5:17AM
I saw the first episode on television, 6 months after it was showed in America. But I still decided to write, because I want to share something with you both.
The first thing I want to say is, that I am truly sorry for your loss, what a pain you must have.
I read the comments on the show and I missed something. I don't know what you believe, but I heard you talk about God in the first show ( I didn't see the second one). So I want to share something what helped me in my life.
I believe we have a God who really cares about us. He knows what we think and how we feel. And He still loves us. He knows how hard life can be and the trauma you have to carry the rest of your life. So He knows how hard it can be to forgive.That's why I think He gave as in the Bible Romans 12 where two sides of His love are written down. The first forgiveness, but about forgiveness is written a lot in other comments so I won't say anything about it anymore. I want to share the second one with you, a promise from God (Romans 12:19 NIV) Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine te avenge; I will repay." So we can leave it all to Him. He will settle it for us.

With love Irma

Replied By: eclecticsw on Dec 16, 2011, 10:40AM
I want to watch both parts of this show but I don't know where to find them? Every time I click on the video it takes me to the commercial for the episode but not the actually episode.

Replied By: galadrialle on Dec 2, 2011, 3:52AM
I have just read an account of what actually happened in Wikipedia if this account is true I wish to deeply apologise for what I wrote about Shonda's parents because it says that she left the house when her parents were not aware she did.

Replied By: funnyface65 on May 30, 2011, 9:32PM
I'm sure the audience is wondering: why did that girls father let her out of the house at 10pm. If my 19 y.o. son all of a sudden wanted to leave at that time of night, I'd be hard pressed to hear a good, valid reason why so late? why couldn't this be done earlier? But doing the math that he let her go at 10pm and she was abused and tortured, oh God that poor baby, so precious, for 10 hours. that means those freaks didn't finish with her until 8am. Didn't the dad ever wake up, ever to see if she came home? Why are we not hearing about him at all? It's frustrating. I mean are they still married? I think the prosecuters that were given the threat of murder information before it happened should be put on some sort of unpaid leave for their lack of due diligence to follow up on a terrorist threat. It is such a trajedy what happened to her. But I really don't believe that the lesbian girl caused her to be murdered. It sounded like she tried with the police and Shanda's own parents which of course the mom and sister deny. Once again where's the dad to deny? What happened to that little girl and the pain she went through is incomprehensible. And to know she died of smoke inhalation is the saddest parts of the story. The one thing I do know from personal bodily attack is that once a stabbing/beating occure God steps in and blesses you by putting your body in to shock. It's almost as if you leave your body and whatch as a witness. When you go into shock you are not really feeling any additional pain. The most horrific thing was that even in shock, she would have felt the fire, and that breaks my heart. As a human, as a mother, as a survivor of a viscous attack with a knife. Time heals the living. Doctor Phil hit it spot on when he told them to celebrate her life as they knew it, not how it ended. Celebrate Shanda she deserves it. God bless this family and most of all thank you Lord for holding her now. :)

Replied By: funnyface65 on May 30, 2011, 9:09PM - In reply to pattaematt
Thou shalt not kill remains to this day, an eye for an eye was left in the Old Testament but once Jesus came he tought us to turn the other cheek. As nice as it would be to bounce in and out of the New and Old Testaments as it fit us if we are to grow as forgiving Christians we must follow chronologically the order of the bible. I feel for the family in their anger as I am still angry at the man who killed my g-pa 29 years ago and still alive on death row. I don't even know if I've forgiven him as I blocked his existence from my heart and don't give him any power in my life anymore. That ended a long time ago and because of me letting go he had no choice but to let me go. He no longer upsets me, now it's God's job. I really hope the mom and sister can accept what hand has been horrifically dealt them but celebrate Shanda. May God bless them and give them the peace and freedom to live that they deserve. :)

Replied By: joycedl on May 28, 2011, 12:12AM - In reply to hendersonkaren
Congratulations for turning your life around. You obviously made some mistakes in your past and we all have but you seem to have a good heart and I wish you success and happiness.

Replied By: joycedl on May 27, 2011, 11:50PM
What a beautiful child and what an unthinkable and horrific crime.  I am so very impressed with the dignity and poise that Shanda's mother and sister were able to convey in the face of the most awful circumstance imaginable.  What a loving tribute to their beloved Shanda.  I hope and pray that they will be able to find peace and happiness in their future lives.  They are certainly very strong and courageous women who completely and totally deserve that.  Hopefully they can take some comfort in the fact that their story may serve to help others.  God bless.

Replied By: pandajn on May 27, 2011, 8:41PM - In reply to harleysuzy
This lady wrote that her 19 year old son was killed in an accident. I know it hurts to lose a child. But, let me tell you losing a child in an accident is a million times easier than a senseless murder and especially where the child was tormented the way Shandra was.  I don't undersstand why any of the girls are out of prison already.  The woman that blamed Shandra at the end should be brought up on charges for the rape of a child.  Or at least sexual abuse of a child.  How dare she sit there and say she got kicked off the basketball team.  No tears you saw that day from those women were tears for what they had done.  They were tears for themselves because they got caught.  I don't think this lady can tell Shandra's Mother and sister how to feel.  Let me tell you, no matter how many years it has been, they will grieve for the rest of their lives.  They will hurt for the rest of their lives.  They will never stop thinking everyday about Shandra.  They can go on with their lives but you never get over the murder of a child or ANY family member.  Accidents are accidents.  Murder is another story.  My only child was murdered by a 15 year old skin-head and after she murdered my daughter she went to Austin and partied.  There will be a hole in my heart until I take my last breath and someway you find a new normal.

Anne Garza
Parents of Murdered Children
San Antonio, TX

Replied By: pattaematt on May 27, 2011, 8:11PM - In reply to gvb1976dph
Then tell me why the commandments saY" thou sHALT NOT KILL" AND "AN EYE FOR AN EYE???

Showing 1-10 of total 268 Comments