Twitter Facebook YouTube

2011 Shows

Seven years ago, Brandon was an out-of-control drug addict, until his live intervention on the Dr. Phil stage led him down the path to sobriety. Now clean for five years, Brandon and his mother, Debbie, pay it forward with their company, Vital Intervention Professionals, by helping other families confront their loved ones about their destructive addictions. A family desperate to save their three drug-addicted brothers: Sean, 28, Jordan, 24, and Logan, 23, reaches out to Brandon and Debbie for help. It’s an unpredictable event fraught with potential danger. Don’t miss this dramatic triple intervention!

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: danamegan on Jul 7, 2011, 12:14PM
I have known Logan since we were both in the 1st grade. We had a falling out last year, and hadn't heard from him since. Yesterday, I got an email from him asking me how he can make up for what he did/said to me that caused our fall-out. I have received many 12-step messages before, and recognized it right away. It seems he is following through with treatment, and working on getting better. 
How this intervention went about may not have been the politically correct thing to do (telivising it on national TV) but, Logan and his brothers are finally getting the much needed help they need, and that's all anyone can ask for.
I wish Logan and his family the best on this long journey.

Replied By: julieree1017 on May 19, 2011, 5:42PM
I am the Mother of A daughter who died of an accidental drug overdose in 2005, She left behind two small boys who just happened to find her and tried to wake her up but it was to late. Now their Dad is in jail for selling drugs. The boys are going through such a hard time. They are now eleven and eight years old. So I was so glad to hear the last brother decided to go after the show aired, Because I did not want his daughter to find him the way my grandsons found their Mom. Thank you Doctor Phil for all the help you give these families.  JulieRee1017

Replied By: bapolley on May 19, 2011, 8:07AM
I am so upset with the mother of these 3 boys. She is unwilling to accept the gift that Dr Phil is giving to her family.  She has put her boys in danger by them knowing about the intervention.  Hopefully the boys will do good without her and the one who did not show will see what his brothers are doing.  Someone needs to talk to the mother before the 2 boys come home or they will be right back where they were.

Replied By: hotyirishlasi on May 18, 2011, 2:26PM
i am soo happy too see these siblings try to save these boys lives.my family is still greiving over the death of a family member from severe addiction since age twelve.we lost him three months ago and wish we could have done something to save his life.all my hopes are with this family in trying to give them their lives back Especially the ones with children i cannot tell u the devestation my nephews are feeling losing their father.prayers are with u all.also hoping that their parents get involved soo they do not have to go thru what my sisters family and our whoile family are going thru and still will be for very very long time god be with u all

Replied By: hotyirishlasi on May 18, 2011, 2:08PM
i think what they did today is very brave my nephew just passed away 3 months ago from a very severe drug addiction that eventually lead to his death.i wish that we had done an intervention on him.god bless their siblings for trying anything an everything to try to save their lives!!!!!!!!!!my thoughts and prayers are with all involved Hopeing that the parents turn the corner and try to join to save their childrens lives and do not suffer they way my sister and my whole family are and will b for a long long time may god keep all safe and alive

Replied By: kittty56 on May 18, 2011, 1:57PM - In reply to doxielover887
Hi. I just read your post on your 25 yr. old son, and I am very sorry. I was a heroin addict in the 1970s, and I beat it on my own. I never even thought to seek help and I didn't even think that there was any help available back then but I never even gave it a thought to ask for help. Believe me, God did it, not me and He gave me the desire to. So to answer your question, yes, there is hope. If I did it, anyone can. It had to be the worst drug to ever get off of, it was horrible and very dangerous so I am told, to try it on your own.  There are a lot of questions I'd like to ask, but would be too long of a post. Just let him know that there is help out there, and I'm sure he already knows that. I will pray for him that he gets the desire to stop and you hang in there.

Replied By: grasomar on May 18, 2011, 1:56PM
My message isn't appearing and doesn't say it's in for approval either. I just wanted to say, I think these kids are showing a lot of concern for their brothers but this is not the way to do it! Taking a bunch of strangers along with a camera crew I think is cruel. What about the privacy of these brothers?? Didn't you need their permission to put them on TV? I don't think public humiliation on national TV is appropriate at all. I can't image Dr Phil would be a part of something like this. Sounds like the whole family has issues.
I certainly would hope if my kids or my sis would ever have something to discuss with me they do it PRIVATELY.

Replied By: kittty56 on May 18, 2011, 1:40PM - In reply to ps2485
omg...Ive been watching for only a half an hour, and the way the family and everyone that he don't even know ganging up on him was horrible!!!  It looked like 20 people there, so many family members, camera crew, etc. Everyone has to want the help first, not someone ganging up on him... that was just terrible!!. I am somewhat experienced with situations of this matter and I don't believe by chasing after him and cornering him like a rabid animal the way everyone was doing is not a very  good way of  starting to"help" him. That's just my opinion.. and Dr. Phil, you were right there in the middle of it.  I would have thought you would have know better than that. Couldn't you have gotten just a couple people involved to start with? Scared the crap out of someone, especially being high on heroin.

Replied By: doxielover887 on May 18, 2011, 1:32PM
I know there has to be help out there.  I refuse to give up hoping that my 25-year-old son will beat his heroin addiction.  But he/we cannot do this alone without professional help.  He has no insurance, no money, no job.  Hurricane Katrina has run many of the mental health professionals out of our surrounding area.  My son overdosed three times last July and August.  I just can't bear to have to look into his lifeless face again.  Next time he probably will not survive.  Is there any help out there????  Can anyone give us any assistance or give us any advice as to where to find help?  This life is just too much to handle for too much longer.  I am afraid that he will not live much longer.  Thanks.

Replied By: ps2485 on May 18, 2011, 11:16AM
It shall be interesting. I always have heard that the whole family is sick when some one is addicted.  I am not sure I agree with other family members confronting the addict--he should be confronted by someone he respects.

Showing 1-10 of total 15 Comments