Twitter Facebook YouTube

2011 Shows

(Original Air Date: 05/13/11) Burned by love in America, today’s guests say they set off halfway around the world to find their soul mates. First, Meg met David for the first time in a Romanian airport, and she says she was smitten and overcome by his friendliness. Now, two years into their marriage, she says she now feels more like his slave. David dismisses his wife’s complaints as trivial, and you won't believe his shocking comments about American women. Then, Wayne says he lost over $100,000 in the quest for his first foreign bride, but he presses on in search for a mate. The middle-aged man says he’s found love with a much younger blonde beauty from Eastern Europe, and they are planning their future together. What does Dr. Phil think? And, Bill was held at gunpoint and mugged not once, but twice, in his overseas travels to find a wife. Will he try again? Plus, hear from two mail order brides. Did they live happily ever after in America?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: jlexpat99 on Dec 9, 2012, 7:20AM - In reply to roniroca
This seems to upset you.  I agree American women get a bad rap in this show, which is not right.  On the other hand everybody is allowed to choose what they want in a mate.  If the choice is skinny, fat, young or old this is an individuals choice.  I have years of experience working and living overseas and I have seen and experienced first hand how things are with women from different countries (particularily third world countries).  I chose my 11 year younger than me Indonesian wife not because she is my pet, but because she is a inteligent, loyal, fun and beautiful person.  She does have an opinion and yes she does look good.  I know of other relationships that are similar to mine.  So I think anything is possible.  Lets not stereo type and generalize groups of relationships/people.  Its okay to be open minded.

Replied By: jlexpat99 on Dec 9, 2012, 7:09AM
First of all I do not agree with stereo typing of North American women or NE European/SE Asian woman.  Reading the comments and watching the show there is too much of this.  My story is that I have married 2 Canadian women and divorced, dated many Canadadian women.  I have had some good experiences and alot of bad.  To me it is all about personal choice.  I started working overseas 6 years ago: SE Asia, Middle East and NE Europe (Russia).  Since that time I have met women through the internet and in 1st person.  I have had mostly good experiences overseas and I have come to prefer SE Asian women.  The majority of the women show respect, loyalty and loving that I have never experienced before.  This is not a bad thing to want in a mate and it does not matter what part of the world they are from.  I married a woman from Indonesia who is 11 years younger than myself and it has worked out great.  Yes she is more subservient than alot of women from a 1st world country but that does not mean she is a slave.  Our relationship is built on mutual respect to which we do not have to demand from each other.  So my point is that this is all personal choice and there can be positive and negative in any relationship no matter what part of the world the people are from.

Replied By: pagot7 on Apr 2, 2012, 7:20PM - In reply to sololobo1
How do you wind up in relationships where you are attached to narcissistic, abusive women for so long. Here you are kind and understanding.  Do you not recognize warning signals that you may be involved with a toxic person?

Replied By: gemathorp on Apr 2, 2012, 4:15PM
Well, I have to thank Dr Phil for airing this show today....at least I will know who NOT to vote for in Arizona for govenor! I can't believe that this Mr Delgado wants to even try to run here....after saying there aren't the right type of women here in  the US for him...good...go to the Ukraine and stay there.

Replied By: strine on Jan 8, 2012, 8:43PM - In reply to kingerik
After readin each of your many posts, I can see that you are bitter. No doubt you didn't get a woman you thought should fall at your feet (just because you are you). Get over it.

Replied By: strine on Jan 8, 2012, 8:42PM - In reply to definca
You think the American mendia has made women lose respect for men? You mean the media that objectifies women so these old guys think they deserve a young girl as a plaything? Yeah real women in America have respect for themselves and they deserve to have it too (other women earned it for them).

Replied By: bailey58 on Aug 21, 2011, 1:35PM - In reply to frightwig
This guy has been on various istes for years, lies about his age, income, life and experiences. And you wonder why he dresses like a Joker? LOL

Replied By: sheltonpg on Aug 16, 2011, 2:42PM - In reply to kleigh69
ITA!

Replied By: kingerik on Aug 13, 2011, 5:21AM
The annoying part of the show was seeing Dr Phil and his wife in the audience acting completely shocked that these guys with more money who want to settle down are meeting younger women..Does Dr Phil not understand  men and women at all?

An example I could give is the CEO of a mid size corporation I know.. The women he hired, due to the field, mostly had  law degrees.  Later on everyone found out that he was married AND sleeping with 9 women at the company.. Beautiful looking younger American women. Him?  Mid fitites, balding, overweight.

So, why didn't these American women, with all the choices in the world date a peer? A regular Joe at the company or down the street? Hmmm.. They all wanted the CEO.

Dr Phil really needs to perhaps travel a bit, or open his eyes to the true nature of men and women. Women are not fantasizing about marry a hot but broke player, but typically want the man who can supply a certain lifestyle.  Looks are not important.

Replied By: kleigh69 on Aug 12, 2011, 6:58PM
I am a 42 year old male, and I have been looking for a relationship with a women I have either met in person or responded to their online ads at various web sites for twenty one years. I either don't get a reponse when I reply to their ad or when I do meet in person the short term meeting maybe last a few weeks. So, my views of American women are that they are very shallow, materialistic, and arrogrant women that that use their vagins as a way to atttract men who treat them like crap. I have been told by many women that I was too nice of a person, or their not physically attracted to me. However, women who meet jerky men seem to think that their going to change the world by changing their men. Every time i get turned down, I always wonder whats wrong with me.

Women go running to their guy friends asking them why they can't meet a nice guy,but when a nice guy approaches them then their turned off by their personality.  I don't blame the single lonely men looking for foriegn women for marriage, but their are many foriegn women that will do the same to American men. That is to use them to get money, or what ever material things they can get.

I am getting older and I would like to have a family like many men. but as I get older the selection of women are getting smaller. Not everyone wants a woman who are either obese, a lesbian, a crack addict, women who have multiple kids with different men, a woman on welfare sucking the tax payers dollars, and the not so attractive women.

So, what choices are their. Not many choices at all. The only choice I have is not get married and die alone just like I was being born. Thats very depressing to think about.

Showing 1-10 of total 163 Comments