Twitter Facebook YouTube

2011 Shows

Dr. Phil continues his frank discussion with four women who've had affairs with married men. While two scorned wives watch from backstage, the women reveal what they really thought about their lover’s wife. What would they say to her if confronted? Then, Dana, 39, and Sue, 45, are reeling from the news that their husbands had affairs, and are trying to pick up the pieces of their lives and family. Hear their heartfelt and angry reactions to the mistresses when they confront the women face to face. Plus, one mistress reveals that she’s married. Her husband joins the discussion to share the damaging effects that her infidelity has had on him and their son. And, former mistress Sarah Symonds has words of warning for the other women. Will this be a wake-up call for the mistresses? Will the wives find some healing or closure? Don’t miss the explosive finale, and find out: Did the other women cut their married men loose?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: anarchick on May 4, 2011, 7:12PM
My last post got cut off, so, here goes... I am very angry at the father on today's show who showed the little boy the emails. I was in the same situation when I was about 9, and it REALLY hurts.

Replied By: lainey350z on May 4, 2011, 7:08PM - In reply to rovngypsy
I believe that an affair really doesn't have much to do with sex. It has everything to do with the way you see yourself through another person's eyes.  Who wouldn't love to be adored?  Who wouldn't want their own personal geisha girl?  Only a person with  very low self esteem would even consider having an affair. 

Replied By: honeyfeeney on May 4, 2011, 7:04PM - In reply to abeale1185
Where is it written in the vows that a spouse is expected to meet ALL of the other person's needs? I was getting about 75% of what I needed and thought it was a good deal.  Unfortunately, my ex wanted it all and had an affair. 

Replied By: trying_to_live on May 4, 2011, 6:49PM
 MISTRESS - a woman who has authority , control, and power, epscially the female head of a household; a woman who has  the power of disposing or controling something at her own pleasure; a woman who is skilled in something; a sweetheart
 Hello,  as wives , mothers and women lets take back what is ours be  the mistress of your home., I have been married for 25 years and my husband has had several affairs. I don't blame the women he slept with I blamed him. He is the one that made a vow to me and not those women. None of the women put a gun to our husbands head and made them cheat they did  it because they wanted to. Wives we have to stop blaming the other women and get busy findiing out what is broken in our marriages and decide if it is worth saving. We have to ask ourselves if the man we married is still in there and ask ourselves what part did we play in the problems in our marriage and stop playing the victim. 95 % of us knew there were problems and chose to ignore them. Our husbands should not have cheated and we should have addressed the issues.
My husband was a great dad, provider, and my best friend  before and after we married. I refused to let any woman have my husband. So I went about the business of asking myself why didn't I speak up when I knew we were both unhappy with the way things were going. Why didn't I confront him when he stayed out late, why did I make excuses for him, why did I allow him to treat me with disrespect?  So I fixed myself, forgave both of us and started all over again. Things got better than ever because I showed him how I wanted and needed to be treated. It was not easy as one of my husband affairs lead to the birth of a loveable child. A child I love just my own children.  A child his mother didn't want to be bothered with when she couldn't get my husband to leave me. OF course she played the victim but the children were the only victims in this.Our son lived with us for 12 years until his mother decided she wanted him back.  I respect my husband because he took full responsibility for the  hurt his actions caused and stepped up to the to make our marriage stronger then it was the day we married. He answered all of my questions and humbled himself through all of my rages until I could forgive him. He talks to other young men about the mistakes he made and how he betrayed my trust. He reminds them that the that grass might look greenier on the other side both if they water and feed their own grass it will be vibrant. So wives please don't be a victim be a victor. No woman can take your husband but you can give him away. Single women will always be attractive to a married man they see taking care of his family and try their best to get what you have. Fight for your family they are worth it. You are the Queen of your castle.  Marriage is a full-time job an often requires us to work overtime.

Replied By: que1956 on May 4, 2011, 6:48PM
I have recently ended a 7 year relationship with a married man.  I wonder if his wife deserves to know what a liar and cheat she is married to.  I have asked a few of my friends that knew what I had done and they seem to think she should know.  I personally don't think it would matter, but she should at least have the chance to decide if she wants to be with him or not.  After all, I stayed with him knowing that he was lying to her and to me.  But I did not have to stay with him.  I honestly don't know what I would do if I were her.  I did love him until I realized that he never meant a word he said to me.  He really does not deserve her and he didn't deserve me.  I am married also and if my husband would decide to leave me, I would understand. 

Replied By: honeyfeeney on May 4, 2011, 6:47PM - In reply to reformdfeminst
I'm the ex wife of a man who cheated with a co-worker. I never insisted on having fine "things." Heck, I never even got an engagement ring.  We were married 10 years before we took a formal vacation.  We lived in an average house, drove modest cars.  i worked througout the entire marriage, most of it full time.  I was a good cook and made home-made meals most evenings.  My family was very generous to both of us.  When we met he was a bar tender, with two years of college.  When he left me he had earned a master's degree a few years prior.  Ten years ago he was making 80K and I was making 40K.  I'm an RN and he had a government admin job.  We both worked together and built a good life.  I kept my vows and was a good mom.  My sin?  I had severe endometriosis, and had to have a hysterectomy.  That's when he started the affair.  Nice, huh?

I advise you to talk with the wife and compare notes.  These men are highly manipulative. 

Replied By: jennita on May 4, 2011, 6:42PM
That about sums it up. There are enough single/divorced men to go around without wrecking someone's home, there is absolutely no friggin excuse.  And the men are just plain idiots as they throw their money on the glorified prostitutes and think it's real love they are buying.  They leave, most times, wives that do love them for the new, exciting "love" of a new woman.  Yeah, it's "love" as long as the money/gifts/dinners keep coming....

Replied By: mmaycock on May 4, 2011, 6:36PM - In reply to dupedone
I am afraid you have already lost your marriage.
If a man doesn't want counseling, tells you that his mistress loves him and can't figure out a way to remove her from his every day life, he is not done with her.

He's not the only one with a wonderful home, kids and grandkids. You have them too. This half a marriage you are in is only holding you from a full life. If he refuses to go to counseling, you should ask him to leave or you should leave and get a legal separation.

You are worth more than the life you have right now and if your husband cannot see that, you need to help him to -not by telling him the only reason someone would want him is his money but by requiring more of the man in your life. My dad always told my sister and me that we could set the standard for the man in our life. I want to tell you that you can and should. Don't let one more day go by with you wondering if today is the day he will want you. You start valuing yourself higher and if he still wants a much younger woman, let him have it. But don't waste another minute of your life wondering what he's going to do next.

Replied By: honeyfeeney on May 4, 2011, 6:35PM - In reply to tasland
Please keep your eye on the prize.... a fair divorce settlement and custody of your son. The other woman is a collaborator in the destruction of your marriage and will coach him into how to diminish your settlement. You have got to be a mentally and physically present parent.  to quote my therapist.... your husband is doing a mind f*ck on you.  Don't let him get away with it......I have a freind who's husband let the other woman use his wife's ss # to open credit cards and signed the wife's name to sell one of their corvettes.  Yes, my friend and her husband had "his and her" corvettes.  The husband sold her corvette and had the other woman sign the wife's name.  To quote my attorney "where you have sexual and emotional infidelity, you can expect to find financial infidelity."  Get yourself spousal and child support, document the affair and keep your allies close to you.  I feel so bad for the wives and families who suffer because of selfishness.  Get rid of him while you can still get a good setllement, while he is still in love with the other woman.  I knew that my ex had to get rid of me in order to keep the OW happy.  It's like a chess game.  Good luck and God Bless you. 

Replied By: abrams4 on May 4, 2011, 6:33PM
I watched your program last night with great interest.  My husband has been cheating off and on with another woman for the last two years.  She meets up with him when he travels for business.  I have asked her to stay away but to no avail.  She is a well educated successful career woman who has fallen deeply in love with my husband and encourages him to leave me.  She tells him not to let his concern of how divorce would effect our two teenage sons to prevent him from leaving me. He feeds her desire by telling her lies about me and our marriage.
My wish is that women who cheat with married men would hear you when you say they are no better than a thief.  It has been very hard for me to protect my marriage and my family while in competition with a woman who is 15 years younger, never had children, never had to juggle marriage and family with a full time job. My husband is thrilled to have her adoration and passionate lovemaking.

Showing 61-70 of total 258 Comments