Twitter Facebook YouTube

2011 Shows

(Original Air Date: 04/01/11) What is the one thing in your life that you wish you could do over? Is there a decision you made that still haunts you years later? Dr. Phil speaks with guests who confessed their mistakes on SecretRegrets.com and are ready to open up about their secret in an attempt to heal and move on. Kelsey, 19, says she regrets contacting her biological father, Bryan, who left when she was 6 months old. She says getting to know her father has been nothing but disappointment. Bryan says he’s not even sure Kelsey is his daughter. Will a DNA test confirm his suspicions or inspire him to plug in and get to know Kelsey? Then, Jaimi, 21, confesses, that she regrets a heart-breaking decision that she says her boyfriend pressured her to make. Can she get past her choice and get over the man who broke her heart? Plus, meet the creator of the website and author of the book, Secret Regrets, who says his website gives people an outlet and a chance to heal.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: bekkalee2000 on Aug 4, 2011, 8:20AM - In reply to ghstwheel
Anybody with EYES could see she looked exactly like him! I know how she felt thru that whole show!  I have stood in her shoes... I just hope it works out better for them than it did with my father!

Replied By: bekkalee2000 on Aug 4, 2011, 8:14AM - In reply to lolosmith
Today was a rerun for the show, but my first time seeing it.  This episode really hit home with me, my parents divorced when I was 2 years old, did NOT see or HEAR from my father until I was 22 years old. He was ordered to pay child support until I was 21, $50.00 a month!!! After I turned 22 he 'allowed' me to write him letters, not wanting me (or the courts) know where he was, he had me give letters to my aunt (his sister) then she would forward them to him. After a few months of 'communicating' this way he finally let me come see him. That worked for a little over a year, THEN the bomb dropped an my mother took him back to court for back child support! He then 'lectured' me and told me "I wasn't getting a damn dime outa him". At that point I had NO idea what my mother had done, she did not tell me and left me completely in the dark about this. Long story short, I have had a HUGE hole in my heart and my life without him. I have two other sisters by my dad, one of which I am very close, the other one still doesn't even know i exist. I attend usually only funerals with my fathers side of the family and at that I still don't feel like I belong, I didn't mention at the last funeral which was just recently he met my oldest son, his grandson for the first time in his life, my son is now 19 years old and i have a 16 year old he has never layed eyes on! How can I get past this pain, some days it cosumes me and breaks my heart over an over, how does a father NOT see, or acknowledge that he has a daughter and grandsons? I know all the things people say...your better off....it's his loss....he'll die a lonely man.... while all that is true, it still does not change the fact that a little girl inside just wants her daddy! So I know what that lil girl wants...she just wanted her daddy to step up and give her validation and acceptance and every year say Happy Birthday! Is that to much or to hard for a 'real' dad?? Theres more to my story but didn't want to go into it all, not sure how to put into words how much and how deep this hurt goes, it definately has affected how I parent my children, my relationship with my mother is HORRIBLE also, but again it has made me be a WAY WAY better parent to my kids!!!

Replied By: lawrmuf on Aug 1, 2011, 4:04PM
Can't you keep a secret?

Replied By: mobatti on Jul 31, 2011, 11:27AM
I was sexually, mentally, emotionally & physically abused by my dad, cousins and men along the way.  I wanted to have a baby as all young girls think, to have someone to LOVE me, all the time and UNCONDITIONALLY!!!!   Doesn't work like that aside from my grandchildren, my daughter is 30 this year & I have yet to receieve any type of LOVE...I called her to tell her I am fighting cancer last year and she asked me why was I calling her, she had her family to deal with and that we didnt get along and I was to calll her when I get to the ONCOLOGIST.  Well, I was calling her with Oncology info and to inform her what I have is hereditary.  But since I got such a warm welcome we haven't talked since Christmas last year.  And she refuses to let me see my 8 & 2 year old grandchildren.  She has informed my mother that her only responsibility is to bury me...  Have a Blessed DAY!!!

Replied By: amandarowe on Jul 31, 2011, 12:41AM
I am now 44  and my most secret regret would probably be falling pregnant at 15 and having an abortion and not telling anybody until afterward when the father who was 28 picked me up from the hospital, gave me alcohol and I flipped out and tried to break out of the car and he had to stop it and I fled through  fields in the dark at night...he did go to the local church we both went to..ha!..and told them about it and someone came to look for me and found me and I still tried to get out of their car at first.  Anyway labelled myself a murderer and Macbeths Lady Macbeth's drop of blood that she could never wash out or get rid of kind of stuck with me and I self-harm...it's  a crazy old life! And yet I love life. Even Ghia and her tests...as iIam in Christchurch New Zealand currently...cannot break me though. I've been through alot  in my life and yet I am never left unamazed at how events turn out  :-)

Replied By: hpmx59 on Jul 30, 2011, 10:10AM
Doctor Gret Phil Re Robin Secret. I donoit have any regret at all nor that I was never allow to do that again.--- See you on 08/04/11. Sincerley Your. Rusell Vlaanderen.---------------------------------------------------------------------

Replied By: vincent583 on Apr 9, 2011, 3:18PM
My regret is not pursuing my music ability. I played the keyboard until I was about 16, then it was cars and girls. People said I played good. I quit lessons.

I quit school at 17 and went to work.

I wish...I had continued school... studied music. Maybe I somehow could have touched people's lives, made a difference.

Replied By: lovemyfour43 on Apr 8, 2011, 9:04AM
Dr. Phil is right. Its not to late to form a relationship with ur father. Do it! Take it from someone who didnt meet her father till the day they laid him to rest

Replied By: lovemyfour43 on Apr 8, 2011, 8:59AM
Dr. Phil is right! You still have time to get to know each other, and ur sisters! Do it! Take it from someone who didnt meet her dad...till the day the laid him to rest, and still has a brother out there somewhere..All the best of luck to you!

Replied By: essa0413 on Apr 8, 2011, 3:56AM - In reply to bunnyboots
i had an abortion when i was 17 and i will never forgive myself i have three beautiful kids and they should have another sibling and to see my nefew and he is about a mouth young then my child would have been it hurt so much i wish i didnt listen to my parents and even they regert making me because now i am in a marriage i am misrable in and they know if i would of had the child and seen how my hubby really was i would not be here now anyway im babbaling and it is something i think someone can never get over

Showing 21-30 of total 95 Comments