Twitter Facebook YouTube

2011 Shows

(Original Air Date: 04/01/11) What is the one thing in your life that you wish you could do over? Is there a decision you made that still haunts you years later? Dr. Phil speaks with guests who confessed their mistakes on SecretRegrets.com and are ready to open up about their secret in an attempt to heal and move on. Kelsey, 19, says she regrets contacting her biological father, Bryan, who left when she was 6 months old. She says getting to know her father has been nothing but disappointment. Bryan says he’s not even sure Kelsey is his daughter. Will a DNA test confirm his suspicions or inspire him to plug in and get to know Kelsey? Then, Jaimi, 21, confesses, that she regrets a heart-breaking decision that she says her boyfriend pressured her to make. Can she get past her choice and get over the man who broke her heart? Plus, meet the creator of the website and author of the book, Secret Regrets, who says his website gives people an outlet and a chance to heal.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: robyn861 on Aug 4, 2011, 4:50PM
I feel sorry for both Kelsey and her biological father; she has all these unreasonable expectations of someone who did no more than any animal and have sex and a child was made.  I feel sorry for him because expectations are being placed upn him from someone that was the nothing more than a consequence of a physical act.  

Maybe you will build a relationship but does he  deserve the relationship of "father"?  whatever happens move on but enjoy the relationships of family that you do have.

Replied By: robyn861 on Aug 4, 2011, 4:44PM - In reply to mrsockert
I know there are no words to take awy the pain but I hope you know that you are not alone.

Replied By: thinksmartnow on Aug 4, 2011, 4:17PM
Just watched the female who aborted a baby from a guy she barely knew and regretting that decision. If I could say anything to her, I would tell her to simply think about the kind of life she, her baby and it's father would have lived. Why bring a baby into the world only to suffer due to no fault of its own? With no support, imagine all the anger and regrets you would have felt because he didn't want to be a father to the child YOU wanted--simply because of a sexual relationship you imagined was real? You are still very young, still have a whole life ahead and need to spend time mentally healing and moving on. Stop beating up on yourself. Start realizing the man who comes into your life, with a stable career, financially, mentally and physically well off is who you'd rather have your children by. Not some random dude who only wanted sex from you and could care less about any baby he might impregnate you with. Move on, use the time to gain education, get financially in order and stop looking for a man to fix what's broken in your life. You'll be much better off. Good luck.  

Replied By: amaze7 on Aug 4, 2011, 2:18PM
Here I am 35 years later still thinking about an abortion I still regret. In fact, just a few months ago, I saw my partner of 35 years ago and asked him if he remembered we had child that was aborted (at his urging because the timing wasn't right.  To make matters worse the abortion took place on Valentine Day, yes he went with me and doted on me all day. In the midst of trying to coax me out of my sadness and depression, he blurts out another woman was also pregnant with his child mind you this is just hours after the abortion.  We stayed together for a while longer until my resentment and jeaslousy she followed her conscious and i didn't drove me away. 

Ironically when i saw him a couple oif months ago, 35 odd years later, the issues and regrets had just been mullinng around in my heart and mind.  Yep, after all that time, every valentine Day served as a reminder.  Any way, when I saw him, i felt compelled to ask if he was every bothered by the memory.  To my shock and don't ask me why i was shocked, he claimed no recollection of the pregnancy.   Enough said!. 
I can say with all hoesty, that initially experience was the beginning of me finding my own voice.  I pray all other women who have this type pf regret finds theirs as well, The sooner the better its far to heavy a load to carry along and alone.

Replied By: t_1981 on Aug 4, 2011, 2:16PM
I was maybe 7 or 8yrs old when my female babysitter molested me.  I never told anyone at that point she just told me not to tell anyone.  I at the time thought it was ok i guess.  I'm 29 yrs old now and she is maybe 36ishi still see her time to time.  All i want to do is yell at her tell her what a loser she is a worthless pos. I cant stand to look at her when i see her.  She has her own kids now.   I wounder if she did that to her own kids are anyone else.  I was also molested by my moms best friends husband years later around 12.  He eventually when to prison for doing it to his granddaughter had i maybe told it would have never happened.  To this day no one know if he did or her uncle because he was a child molester.  My moms friends husband plead guilty for a lesser time in prison.  Alot of people in our town say he is Innocent but i feel i know the truth.  He ended up dieing a couple yrs after he got out.  It closure that he is gone.  But i will forever hold this in my heart.

Replied By: mrsockert on Aug 4, 2011, 2:00PM
I am 51 years old and I had an abortion in December 1984.  I was 24 years old and a day hasn't gone by that I don't regret what I did.  I had no support or help of any kind.  My parents said they would disown me.  I had no money.  I didn't know there were community programs available to help pregnant women.  Those are excuses but I didn't know what to do.

I've never told my husband.  I've never been pregnant again and have no children of my own.  It was my only chance to have a child and I murdered my baby.  God forgive me.

Replied By: phatnonnie on Aug 4, 2011, 1:44PM
After the things Kelsey's dad said to her prior to the show and the things he said ON the show, I don't know why she would even want to get to know someone as cold and arrogant as her biological dad.  It was a nice gesture for his current wife to defend him, which makes me also wonder why SHE is married to him.  He's a  world class jerk and all the excuses in the world can't cure that!

Replied By: batchik on Aug 4, 2011, 12:34PM - In reply to windowbox1234

Replied By: windowbox1234 on Aug 4, 2011, 12:24PM
I

Replied By: mmalcorn on Aug 4, 2011, 11:08AM
it  is hard for me to type my hands type my hands shake. my biggest regret is that i did'nt get the chance to tell my father what i thought of him. i did see him hit my mother. i wasnt fat, i wasnt ugly, i was molested, he didnt to treat me like dirt. if i was out for 5 min late at the age of (5th grade) he put me in the back yard no sweater no jacket. and kept me out there until midnight. if i didnt finish dinner , especially meat he would make chew and chew and if it wasnted swallowed he would save it for the next day. i could go on and on but he is dead and i think thats why i take all this medicine. i dont dwell because everyone has something worse. i am 58 and i really should be over this. my husband (soon to be divorced) says i have daddy issues. the secret regret is he is just like him!

Showing 11-20 of total 95 Comments