Twitter Facebook YouTube

2011 Shows

(Original Air Date: 02/18/11) Dr. Phil continues his work with a family ripped apart by accusations of child molestation. Melody says she’s convinced her 5-year-old granddaughter was touched inappropriately by her father, Jason, and says the little girl told her herself. Jason agrees to take a polygraph test to prove his innocence. Tune in to find out the results and what’s next for this family! And, learn the warning signs to look for that could indicate child sexual abuse. Then, an update on Jessica, a mom of six whose discipline tactics, including administering hot sauce and freezing cold showers, brought Robin and many studio audience members to tears. How has Jessica and her life changed since appearing on Dr. Phil? It's a lesson in tough love you don't want to miss!

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: vickielombardo on Feb 18, 2011, 8:06PM
It seems that the Mother should have been given a polygraph test also. I do believe the grandmother and I would have taken action also. Maybe not the same steps, but I would have paid attention to my grandchild. I'm not sure why no one suspects the mother? There are some awfully perverted persons in this world and fathers aren't the only ones. Mothers have been know to sexually abuse their children also. I'm not sure about the "mask" etc though. Definitely something going on. I do believe if the little girl had had an infection from wetting her pants, Dr. Phil would have said as much, Hmmm... Sure we'll find out on a future episode.

Replied By: sunflower9093 on Feb 18, 2011, 8:03PM
can someone direct me on how to watch todays episode on Dr.Phil site. everytime I click something it wont let me watch the entire show. I missed it today. Thanks

Replied By: takingtimeme on Feb 18, 2011, 7:48PM - In reply to swinny
There was something wrong with that Grandmother, I swear. I think she started this just because she did not like the father, which is wrong. Also, I believe that there should have been more questioning on what she had done. In part 1, the mother mentioned how she walked in on the grandmother giving the granddaughter an examination with a Q-Tip. I was so disturbed hearing that. And Dr. Phil seemed concerned, but it was never mentioned again. I was so shocked. There was something totally wrong with that.

Replied By: takingtimeme on Feb 18, 2011, 7:47PM
There was something wrong with that Grandmother, I swear. I think she started this just because she did not like the father, which is wrong. Also, I believe that there should have been more questioning on what she had done. In part 1, the mother mentioned how she walked in on the grandmother giving the granddaughter an examination with a Q-Tip. I was so disturbed hearing that. And Dr. Phil seemed concerned, but it was never mentioned again. I was so shocked. There was something totally wrong with that.

Replied By: slozano46 on Feb 18, 2011, 7:23PM - In reply to chloes_mom
fully agree, Dr. Phil missed the boat on this one. Grandma needs to be checked more closely.

Replied By: slozano46 on Feb 18, 2011, 7:21PM
Dr Phil, I'm very worried about the grandmother and what's going on in her home.  I have 2 grandchildren and can't imagine myself cleaning thier private parts with a Qtip.  What's up with that!  For sure this is way out of line and I'm very disappointed you did not confront the grandmother with this "out of line behavior". You are so right about the "more to the story" theory..............and grandma needs to be checked out more closely.  I truely believe her daughter needs to keep her children out of harms way by limiting thier visits with grandma.

Replied By: paradoxis on Feb 18, 2011, 7:18PM
I don't understand. We see all this drama, none of which is actually addressed in any real way, and all the focus is on the polygraph results and that's the end of it? All Dr Phil actually did to help was to do the test, read the results, and offer help for the little girl. No real challenges, nothing. At the end of the show I'm like, "That's IT??"

Replied By: psr0303 on Feb 18, 2011, 7:12PM
This show really hits home. This mother and father should be glad that someone listened to their daughter. The way the police handled it was wrong and they should be held accountable for this, and it should be made clear in what capacity they are to handle situations such as this. As Dr. Phil stated they would be really upset if the father had failed the lie detector test & no one had paid attention. Be thankful that her grandmother had listened to her & believed in what she said.  Thank GOD the father passed the lie detecter test. I was molested as a child and no one would listen to me.  Believe me it still affects me to this day, I am now 52 years old. 
My oldest daughter was molested by her father, and NOTHING happened to him, even though we had evidence and he failed 2 lie-detecter tests.  Sadly she passed away 17 years ago at a very young age. She always asked why did he never got into trouble for what he did.  I couldn't answer it for her.  She knew she was dying and was worried about her sister too.  Now my youngest has a daughter and has to worry about her father being around.  She cannot take her eyes off of him while he is around her daughter. 
I hope these parents realize the position the grandmother was in.  The only one truly getting hurt by the grandmother/& or the aunt not being around this young girls life, is the young girl herself. Don't take out on the daughter what the police had the family members do. Deal with the police deptartment that handled the situation.

Replied By: patrica70 on Feb 18, 2011, 6:59PM
My thought is why the grandmother wasn't investigated when the majority of the evidence pointed to her. With me being a grandmother myself it makes me wonder why she would have the grandchild's legs open and "cleaning" her with a q-tip not to talk about the so called "blue mask" was also in her possession.

Replied By: memoking on Feb 18, 2011, 6:48PM - In reply to ch31s34
You misunderstood this... the "twin" of the Russian boy was adopted also, by the same mother ... Both twins were adopted....they were adopted together at age 5..... The mother saw their picture, she wanted the "Other" twin, but had to take both of them... The orphanage would not separate them... She says the "other twin" is very mild, cooperative, and easy to get along with..."quite and sweet"...... the boy she was having trouble with is the one she was "hot-saucing" and giving cold showers to..
Now I hope that she has learned correct discipline measures, and learns plenty of parenting skills that let both boys know how much they are loved... first rule of thumb is to Love them.. They need that socialization, they are in a new country, they have been in an orphanage up to age 5, and have learned to "steal" there, so they need to have some security at home, and they need to have love and reassurance, not threats and violence....they need to get along with their other family members and feel safe at home and school....

Showing 111-120 of total 251 Comments