Twitter Facebook YouTube

2011 Shows

(Original Air Date: 02/18/11) Dr. Phil continues his work with a family ripped apart by accusations of child molestation. Melody says she’s convinced her 5-year-old granddaughter was touched inappropriately by her father, Jason, and says the little girl told her herself. Jason agrees to take a polygraph test to prove his innocence. Tune in to find out the results and what’s next for this family! And, learn the warning signs to look for that could indicate child sexual abuse. Then, an update on Jessica, a mom of six whose discipline tactics, including administering hot sauce and freezing cold showers, brought Robin and many studio audience members to tears. How has Jessica and her life changed since appearing on Dr. Phil? It's a lesson in tough love you don't want to miss!

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: medtechmom on Sep 5, 2014, 12:50PM - In reply to birger
I am new to this website. I just seen the show about the grandmothers accusations regarding the father. I don't know how to find out the results of the fathers polygraph and I also believe something happened to the child. The mom needs to stop being mad at her own mother and show concern for her own children. Get them counseling and stop wasting time worrying about other stuff  and protect her child from all sources until its clear what happened to her little girl.

Replied By: birger on Mar 14, 2014, 6:45PM - In reply to sulywi
I completely agree.  There was something off about that woman.  I truly believe that she had an agenda of her own, based from her own molestation when she was a child.  I would never let her near me or my children again.

Replied By: kellytucker on Jul 26, 2011, 5:05PM
what seems to kinda be brought up, but not really discussed is the fact the the child claims daddy was wearing a mask! has it not occured to anyone except me, that molesters are master manipulators. SOMEONE DID INDEED MOLEST THIS CHILD..and that someone, wore a mask and claimed to be daddy in case the child decided to tell someone...i was happy to hear at the end of the show you encouraged the angry mother to seek gentle help for her child, because i truely believe this monster molester is still out there, and she is still in danger..he has been alone with her before, so its obviously someone close to the family that they trust..i am so scared for this little girl..i cant sleep at night! dr phil, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE watch this family closely, and encourage the parents to make a list of folks that are around the child, who has been alone with her and so on...have each and every single person questioned or investigated..there is NO DOUBT in my mind that this child has been sexually abused on more than one occasion.

Replied By: library23 on Jul 23, 2011, 7:15PM
I was very concerned about the people on this show. The Grandmother rightly wanted to help her Granddaughter. Even though the father passed the polygraph the polygraph is 93% accurate not 100%. That would leave an error rate of 7%. If someone was used to deceptive practices they might be able to pass. This is not normal behavior for a young child and the daughter was very rude and unkind to her mother just because she was trying to show love and concern. The grandmother has a history of child abuse which is coloring her view of reality.. The daughter should lose her value judgement attitude and accept her mother's apology.

Replied By: lmarie010 on Jul 22, 2011, 11:23PM
dont be an idiot. now that u know ur husband passed the test, its time to pay attn to ur child. its so obvious ur daughter has been sexually molested. educate urself. just bcuz she hasnt come to u doesnt mean nothing has happened. children are sometimes afraid to tell their parents, mostly out of fear. she sees ur reaction towards gma & her aunt. speaking from experience, i was molested at 9 years old and raped at 17. i was molested by a cousin who lived w/us. he threatened me not to tell. so i didnt. i was raped by an exboyfriend. again i said nothing because i wasnt supposed to have anyone over. to not have to deal with it, i "forgot" about it. then his daughter confided in my parents he molested her. they didnt believe her. i was 22, and i screamed "he didit to me too." my father consoled me. my mother never believed me. to this day she has issues w/acknowledging it. let me tell you, iF YOU CONTINUE to not believe her, listen to her, trust her.....ur relationship w/her will suffer. mommy responsibilties come before wifey responsibilities. and if hes such the great father u say he is, he will go above n beyond  to protect his child. btw,  she doesnt have to be penetrated to be molested. touching her inappropriately is molestation. again, EDUCATE urself. my mother & i have a very strained relationship. i love her, but i feel hatred when it comes to this.

Replied By: sulywi on Jul 22, 2011, 10:20PM
i would be much more suspicious of that grandmother. from the look on her face to her attitude she just seemed to be ...off....i believe she knew what questions to ask and how to lead a child on. i'd like to see her take a lie detector test. i wouldnt let her near my kids .

Replied By: ewkrusten on Jul 22, 2011, 8:07PM - In reply to hezahchan
I don't have anything to add, because you just said it all for me. I completely agree with everything you said and I thought the exact same thing about the grandmother.

Replied By: azamour7 on Jul 22, 2011, 7:46PM - In reply to niccol
I have just heard the second part of the show "Accused of the Unthinkable". I agree with the first response to this show. As a child myself whose Mother NEVER acknowledged my molestation by an uncle and never believed me when I told her, I believe this mother needs to step up and believe her Child. A mother who does not support her child damages the child as much, if not more so, than the abuser. If this mother truly loved her child she would do anything and everything to get to the bottom of this issue with her Daughter. I believe someone has to step up and support this little girl. I applaud the Grandmother for tying to protect her Granddaughter. I am happy it was not the Father but please, please, find out who is the abuser. Get the counseling for this girl or she will spend years spiriling emotionally making bad choices, I know, I did. It was only with counseling as an adult that I found healing, don't have this precious child wait that long, it would ruin her life if she did.

Replied By: niccol on Jul 22, 2011, 6:18PM
Dr. Phil I understand that you feel the parents should have been contacted...but disagree with what was said. The parents of this child had no intention of seeking any help for this child and still sound like they are in denial about the whole thing...If not him then who!!! She was more concerned with her perseption of the events...Her anger is stopping her from looking at this rationally. Her mother has done nothing short of what I would do to protect a child...if the parents won't then the grandmother should. The mother is causing great harm to her child...by trying excluding her mother and sister...her anger is just as much a problem as finding out who has influenced this child. The way things go in this world I won't be surprised to know her mother was the one doing these things to the child. Maybe she should have taken the test too. There is no reason for her to say...she has no reason to believe anything has happened... when two people that love this child to no ends...have told her opposite.
I unfortunately had a child age 3 that was molested by a family friend...I had a rape kit done...nothing was found...that being said my child displayed actions that said that something was wrong ( moaning when diaper was changed etc.)...she was in couseling for about a year. I was never able to prove that this person touched my child. 10yrs later I was talking to a close friend that knew this person...They told me what really happened. The person that molested my baby was only a boy himself (16) and he wasn't as his friend said doing anything sexual...it was a joke (for him and his friends)...they taught her things to be funny and get a laugh (disgusted). I confronted his mother long ago and she denied any wrong doing in her home while watching my child...It got really ugly...but the worse thing to come out of this... other than my child being hurt...was that when he had his own child a couple of years later...he hurt his own child too.

Replied By: hollyrusso on Jul 22, 2011, 5:26PM - In reply to cstowell
My cousins adopted a 3-yr old Korean boy who was put into an orphanage by his mother because she had him but couldn't afford to take care of him. because she already had more children.  He was on the streets foraging for food before he was put into the orphanage so, yes, he remembered his mother and he used to steal food at night for survival and take it up to his bedroom to eat it.   He is in the Navy, has a wife and his own child and he was only 3 but with very vivid memories.  Older children have pasts they have to work through and to make a general statement is very harmful to the futures of children who need a good home.

Showing 1-10 of total 251 Comments