Twitter Facebook YouTube

2011 Shows

Is Alexandra addicted to prescription drugs? Find out what she’s taking, how much and where she gets them. When Dr. Phil arranges for a second opinion about her back injury, you may be surprised to hear the doctors’ assessment of the medications she’s been prescribed. See Alexandra’s response to their diagnosis. Dr. Phil doesn’t mince words and tells Alexandra he believes she’s addicted to drugs and needs to enter rehab. Is this her final wake-up call? Then, when Alexandra asks Dr. Phil show producers for money and is denied, she goes missing. Who is the one person Dr. Phil believes might influence her to make a change? Will Alexandra listen to reason, or will even those calls go unanswered? And, find out Dr. Phil’s biggest fear for the young woman.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: marianparoo on Feb 25, 2011, 1:54AM
.... when she pulled that schtick with Tony about showing all of America the sonogram.

Replied By: ephemera on Feb 24, 2011, 1:33PM
Did anyone see the ABC News report last night on the so-called "pain clinics" in south Florida? Law enforcement arrested a slew of "doctors" who run these clinics. This seems like the kind of "clinic" Alex goes to. http://abcnews.go.com/US/dea-raids-pill-mills-south-florida/story?id=12982029

Replied By: nazaba on Feb 23, 2011, 6:56PM
in 2007 i was in a car accident. i hit my head on the side window of a bus i was riding. i've had constant chronic migraines since. I've been practically bed ridden with the pain. I have a pre-existing health condition that pain medication interfered with, so i wasn't on pain medication for my headaches but i've been completely unproductive for three years. some days i think i should be on medicine for it just so that i can move on with my life and actually get things done. when the pain is at its worst, i can't breathe or hold my head up. i worry dr phil is approaching alexandra's situation all wrong. he treats her like she's just being a difficult person to deal with. its clear alexandra's had problems since her teenage years, but the pain makes it worse. i was diagnosed with aggressive depression, which means i don't get sad like typically depressed people do,  i get angry. i believe alex has this and it is not being addressed. alexandra has many problems that are not being addressed because too many people, including dr phil, seem to be too quick to judge. some people respond well to constructive criticism and some shut down the more they hear it. the more alex hears negative things to her face the more she believes them and the less she does to change them. she is obviously not self motivated. the entire approach to alexandra needs to be reworked. she is sick and my heart goes out to her and i hope she gets the help she needs.

Replied By: macsharon on Feb 23, 2011, 3:43PM
I was just sitting here thinking about Alexandra & wondering how her life would have turned out if the family's personal problems hadn't been turned into a freak show.  Lots of teenagers get pregnant and the family goes through a rough time and comes out the other side.  In this case, it was all so public and there was a lot of attention seeking and crises manufactured to keep the show going.  What if the family had just been left to deal with it like every other family in that situation?  Would things have become so out of control?  I don't think so.  It seems that no one in that family learned anything by being on the show; they all just carry on as before with the yelling and put-downs.  Without so much negative attention, I am inclined to think that Alex would have had Nathan and moved on with her life.  I believe it was a huge mistake on the part of Dr Phil and the family to go on television with this.  Another family could have handled and learned from that exposure, but not this one.  They are all just too self-involved.  I really wish Alexandra well and I hope she will go to rehab, go back to school, and do something with herself.  I hope Erin will back off and learn to speak to Alexandra with love & respect, but I can't see that happening.  Good luck to all of them.

Replied By: annie135 on Feb 23, 2011, 9:29AM - In reply to worldtravlerhn
It's really sad how all of this is going, at least as it appears on T.V., it's really sad after all these years; I am hoping that Alexandra will stop using drugs before she overdoses. This young woman does not realize the fire she is playing with. Just because she is young - it doesn't mean that she is immune to permanent damage from drugs. My oldest sister was a practicing addict for 25 years - somewhere along the line, she took something or too much of something that has resulted in her suffering permanent memory and cognitive damage. It's very hard for me to write about it, but this can happen at any time to YOU, young Alexandra; you have no way of knowing what or how much of something will damage you permanently. The hubris of drugs is telling you that you're powerful, in control, etc. It's a LIE and you need to see it for what it is.
As awful as Alexandra's situation is, I would have to say, that this past show was the first time when I could really see by observation the toll drug abuse is starting to take on her. When she was on the show several months ago, she didn't look worn like she does now. I'm a teacher. I work with adolescents and young people of Alexandra's age, and I certainly have never given up on any of them, but what needs to be understood is that they can't give up on themselves either. Those of us who care can't do all the caring - it's a social contract - you do your part, I'll do mine - which is what Dr. Phil is trying to do with her. He is reaching out to her saying, "I'll help you, but you have to make a certain effort, you have to help yourself." An incredible support system has been created for Alexandra, how lucky she is! BUT If Alexandra won't do her part, it won't get done. Alexandra, you know this. I hope you go to rehab asap. ASAP. GO.

Replied By: ptrattler on Feb 22, 2011, 9:23PM - In reply to worldtravlerhn
You said it so Right, Worldtravlerhn...
 I just wish she would wake up and get help. I sure wish I had her opportunity as I am a chronic pain patient and an sick & tired of being sick & tired... I am tired of being dependent on something. Granted all mine is legal and never abuse it. It has grown into a monster and I pray someday that someone would do for me what she is throwing away. Help is so hard to find, yet the best of the best.... I was against Dr. Phil on his views of pain meds until just recently. I guess he knew other people were just addicts and NOT really in pain. I sure wish I could start all over as I would have never let something control my life like pain meds can. It is such a double edged sword as I have suffered so much and am so scared to suffer more again. Even though I know deep down that THIS is suffering too...
Please pray for me to get the strength for change...
Alex if you read this, GET the Help. You are so truly blessed...

Replied By: worldtravlerhn on Feb 22, 2011, 8:11PM
Its really such a shame to watch this girl go from bad to worse over the course of the past several years. She came through quite a bit with her family and I found myself really rooting for Alex. I was sure that she was going to prove everyone, even Dr Phil, wrong. Unfortunately Alex has become the worst kind of modern American cleche. 
It is hard to watch how all of Dr Phils generousity, care, and help as lead Alex to feel so entitled. What in the world gives this girl the right to treat anyone trying to help her out the way that she does? Her parents may have screwed up pretty badly early on, but they are doing everything in their power to help this girl and the children that she has brought into this world. Its really, really sad to see and it truly angers me to watch the way she treats not only her own family, but Dr. Phil and his team. Complete lack of gratitude and respect. In stead of rooting for Alex these days I can hardly watch the episodes that feature her. Who does she think she is? No one owes her a darned thing. Shes become no more than a stereotypical addict on a soap box because she knows Dr. Phil will be there to help her out. What used to seem like a cry for help, now just looks like a river of crocodile tears.

Replied By: lorisown1 on Feb 22, 2011, 8:12AM
I agree...tough love....I can't understand Dr. Phil on this one. He is MUCH tougher on others than he is Alex...she is totally yanking his chain, acting like a horrible spoiled brat with her parents. If she's homeless, it is because of choices she has made. She is really a very selfish little girl who needs help spiritually and mentally, but you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink . You have to realize that she is now an adult.  She is making deliberate choices that are bad for her.  She doesn't want to grow up and do the right thing.  Until she wants to, I say just leave her alone....both Dr. Phil and her parents.  Those babies of hers need stability, so her not seeing them at this point is not necessarily a bad thing. 

Replied By: ashleypabe on Feb 22, 2011, 4:22AM
Dr. Phil STOP beatiing this died horse,,,,STop the madness.....what are you getting out of this? what is your payback?   ,she is not going to take your help. She is not ready. What about tough love.........I watch the show and it is so obvious that she is living the life that she has choicen.  If the parents go to the courts and have their attornies change the visitation priveliges and show Alex  that she is no longer going to control her parents emotional lifes.....she has to hit bottom and I feel that the show is not letting her get there. Do you think she didn't get drugs in exchange for this card.....unbelievable...drug dealers need gas too. Come on people. Let me end this by saying that i would do everything I could to safe my child, however, there has to be a line of STOP HERE>>>>>>>>

Replied By: lynnsmimi on Feb 22, 2011, 3:42AM - In reply to ecfran
Really? a teacher of teens for 54 years- how sad. The comments you made were appalling-mostly because you were a teacher. Addicts are users- to say Alex isn't capable of love is ridiculous-GIVE UP ON HER?? what a wonderful teacher you must have been.

Showing 21-30 of total 796 Comments