Twitter Facebook YouTube

2011 Shows

Concerned moms Iris and Leisa say they have not seen their children in more than a year. Iris’ son, Elon, 26, and Leisa’s daughter, Ashley, 27, have cut off contact with their families in order to live together with Clemente Suriano, otherwise known as Golden Elk. Is this group a cult? What are the characteristics of a cult? Follow along as Iris and Leisa attempt to re-establish contact with their children.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: sivannava on Oct 29, 2013, 1:47PM
I am really curious to know if there is any update on this story. Is Clemente and his clan still living in the same area? Are the son and daughter still there? Have we learned anything about this "cult"?

Replied By: jesspea on May 14, 2013, 12:52PM
This is definitely a cult, there is no doubt about it. Also everything that they have said about their children's bizzar behavior is classic to demon posession. Especially since they are not engaging in some harmless "spiritual" religion, they are actually engaging in satanic rituals. Which makes them very vulnerable to demonic attack and opens the door to demonic possesion. The only thing that can possibly help them is the grace of God and if they were ever believers of Christ in their lives they may be able to find a way out and be totally free from the bondage that satan has put them in. I wonder if their families were ever believers of Christ. They should try to contact a man named Dr. Neil T Anderson. He has written many books on the subject of demonic attack including Victory over the Darkness and The Bondage Breaker. I hope that the family finds the true way into saving their children and themselves. My prayers are with them.

Replied By: crystaltwo on Jun 6, 2011, 8:16PM - In reply to jezzen
Thanks so much - I appreciate your comments.  Yes, we have to remain positive that our daughter will find the courage to stand up and make that call to us.  Our son and all her extended family all wait for that day, it has affected everyone she has left behind.   We have always been so proud of her achievements and her lovely soft nature - no-one can believe that this has happened to us as we have always been a close family unit.  Thanks again for your thoughts..... Sasha

Replied By: jezzen on Jun 6, 2011, 6:04PM - In reply to crystaltwo
My heart goes to you as a mother, how agonizing it to think what has been happening,
you are crying out but not heard.
The best thing is... you knew she is alive.. and HOPE is alive, hold unto it...
HOPE is what you have right now.

I pray that your HOPE be re-newed everyday until that hope come into reality and
becomes touchable. May your daughter find courage and find a way to release herself
from the possesion of the greed act of this guy.
Something good is going to happen, stay in the positive, because what atre you hoping
for can be yours..

Replied By: crystaltwo on Jun 6, 2011, 5:58PM - In reply to austinstill
Its obvious you are not a parent yet - until that day you would not understand the love a parent has for a child!!

Replied By: crystaltwo on Jun 6, 2011, 5:21PM - In reply to luv2bfitt
I agree with your comments - I watched the program from Australia yesterday on 6th June.  Our daughter has been isolated from her whole family  since she met and married a 'control freak'.  He was extremely jealous of the love she had for us, so he decided to isolate her.  We cannot ring her because she is not to answer the phone - we send her a birthday gift each year (in the hope she will receive it).  We tell her in the card that we love her and will always be here for her, which we will.  She became withdrawn in the beginning (we were not aware this would happen to our family).  We feel we can do nothing but just wait until she sees this person for what he is.  I have no doubt she still loves us all but she is afraid of the consequences if she contacts us.  It has been 11 years since we have seen her.  Any thoughts of anything we can do in this situation? Sasha

Replied By: jezzen on Jun 6, 2011, 8:11AM
100% CULT..

I just saw it today  (Australian TV) and without much word and explaination, I am more than convinced
that this is a CULT.

Elon and Ashley are victims of the scheme of demonic power. I'm sure not all people will believe, but
there are power that works, Demonic and Godly power.

The mission of the demons is to kill and to destroy. To kill the senses, to destroy whatever is left. These
young people are already in the power of the spirit of the demons. They have lost their human senses.
They are already taken by the power of darkness. They don't know anything but to obey that power within them.
But then, if anyone believes in prayer, there is extra-ordinary power that it carries. It is a power from
GOD alone, and that power can transform lives, it can even rise the dead. believe me, i knew what i'm
talking about. there are millions of testimonies in this regard.
This is a battle between God and Satan, and if you believe God, anything can happen.. GOD can turn
satan upside-down.
Saten has unlimited power, while God has all the power in the universe and if GOD says YES noone can say NO. If GOD close the door, noone can open it.

To the family ::: PRAYER is your weapon .. it is your power.

Replied By: willosy on Jun 6, 2011, 3:24AM
Hi,

This episode just aired in Australia so I am very much behind the eight ball.

I'd have to say this is definately a cult.  There is some very good material to read on this especially a book by Steve HASSAN titled "Releasing the Bonds".

I have recently outed my wife from a cult group and this show really hit home for me.  What I was dissappointed with though was the lack of referal information to Cult experts whom can help eg:- Rick ROSS whom already has links to Dr. Phil and Steve HASSAN former Moon Cult.

Getting loved ones out from cults is a very sensitive process and it's like walking a tight rope.

Good Luck and I hope this all turns out for the best!

XXOO

Replied By: mtlangford on May 31, 2011, 4:23PM - In reply to alkalidc
i so totall agree. good words. thank you

Replied By: misterb1990 on Feb 24, 2011, 10:37PM - In reply to iris88
Dear Iris,
Your son and his girlfriend can not think for themself. They are under the total control of the cult leader. He has brainwash them to think that their families are bad people. And he is the only good person. The reason why they move away so quickly is the cult leader knew he was close to getting caught. I know Dr. Phil try to help. However, he made some very bad mistakes that could cause problems down the road. Your mission is to get in, get your son and his girlfriend and get out right away. Dr. Phil want to create a tv show that would get a lot of people to watch but not to save our kids. You NEED to talk to a lawyer about your parent rights about your kid being held against his will. I would go to the Courts with your son girlfriend's parents and get guardianship of your son. Your son's girlfriend parents would get guardianship for their daughter. You then have your lawyer contact the New Mexico State Police (Or FBI if needed). Have your lawyer tell the police that your son and his girlfriend are being held against their will. Show the proof (This Dr. Phil Show) to prove it. Show the police that you and your son girlfriend parents have guardianship over your son and his girlfriend. Make the police rescue them. Take them to a deprogrammer. If you would like to talk about this, you can leave me a message with your phone number and email so I can contact you. I hope I was of some help to you. I hope you get your son and his girlfriemd back soon.
Thanks,
Nate

Showing 1-10 of total 143 Comments