Twitter Facebook YouTube

2011 Shows

(Original Air Date: 02/02/11) It was one of the Dr. Phil show's most dramatic interventions: Jaime, a 23-year-old OxyContin addict, was confronted by her family with the help of former guest and recovering addict Brandon and his mother, Debbie. But Jaime didn't respond well to the tough-love technique. The young woman flew into a rage, the police were called, and she was taken away in an ambulance. After a night in the hospital, Jaime agreed to go to treatment. Now 52 days sober, Jaime returns to Dr. Phil's stage. Find out how she's faring and what challenges she continues to face. Are unresolved issues between Jaime and her mother, Kim, sabotaging her recovery? Then, Brandon and Debbie help another family desperate to save their addicted son, Tony. Although Tony has been clean for 60 days, learn why the trouble isn't over for this family, and why they're now turning their attention toward his older sister, Felicia, who may be hiding a secret of her own.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: needtoknowwhy on Nov 16, 2012, 12:23AM - In reply to sydjadetaramom
Your 3 children were born on suboxone??? Suboxone IS an opiate. Of course they were addicted. Who are you fooling???  If its such a wonderful drug that cures opiate addiction why were you on it for so many years?  Please wake the hell up lady!

Replied By: beccasmom4321 on Aug 26, 2011, 6:29PM - In reply to n8s_bb
Hello!  We don't know each other, but i read your comment.

I am truly VERY sorry for ALL of your losses.  You are so right it really is not right. 

My hope for you is that one day you can carry a baby full-term and one day you'll be able to have one or even two of your own.

Replied By: beccasmom4321 on Aug 26, 2011, 8:36AM
Dr. Phil,
I couldn't STAND to see the babies born drug addicted.  I had to change the channel.  I just had my second baby 2 months ago.

It really broke my heart and I understand that you had great intentions in "waking up"  this drug addicted "Mom to be"  but did you REALLY need to show such graphic horrific material that kept me up half the night worrying about those poor innocent drug addicted babies!  So sad.  I COULD NOT sleep.  It was horrible.

I just wanted to put my arms around each and every one of those babies and make their pain go away.

Please don't show this again.

If you want to help that young mother and her unborn baby please do help her.  Show her the video.  Me and the millions of others DID NOT need to see such horror.  It's just too much!

How very sad!

Sincerely,
A Mother of a 4 year old and 2 year old.  :(

Replied By: beccasmom4321 on Aug 25, 2011, 8:02PM - In reply to mslittlebitfun
what you wrote was sooooo sad, however anyone can have seizures and never know why.  My 4 year old has seizures and I was never on any drugs while prego with her.  The doctors STILL have no idea why she gets them.  :(  She is on meds to control them.  It brakes my heart and wish I could make her all better for her.

Replied By: nuxalkchild on Aug 24, 2011, 7:40PM
What a find young lady Jamie is and how at peace she looks with herself.  I am so pleased to see these documentations about drug abuse and the denial young people are in.  Brandon is something else and so is Jamie's brother...the world needs to hug people like him ...he fought hard for his sister.  My son is in denial and is very resistent to help or change: he is 24 and living in our basement.  I have had him arrested under the mental health act twice and still refused medication or help.  Today I managed to have him watch Jamie and the young man who thought only of himself.  I hope this information at least sinks somewhere in his brain.  Thank you Dr. Phil for the work you do with those in denial: love your honesty:)

Replied By: jackand on Aug 24, 2011, 4:33PM
I have been watching Jaimee's story with a very personal interest.  Only 12 days ago I found just how serious my eldest sons drug addiction is.  He promised to go to  drug rehab intake appt and 12 days ago I went with him to find the results.  He had already told me he was going to fail, he had smoked pot the night before.  But what my wonderful, outgoing, and very intelligent 23 year old son did not mention was that he also tested positive for Oxycodone and Opiates.  We also learned that he had a warrant out for his arrest for violation of probation.  Well, they found him last Friday.  He has been in jail for 6 days now.  His dad nor I are willing to bail him out, we're afraid of what he will do to himself.  We are making phone calls, makking appts and doing all we can do to get  him in rehab when he exits jail.  We are lucky that we seem to have people on our side.  The intake counselor and his probation officer.  However, I learned today that even if he is in rehab and there for several days, if he chooses to walk away he can.  Now I realize the gravity of the problem we are facing. 

Replied By: harleybabe2009 on Aug 24, 2011, 3:41PM
I watched the show and disagree with Dr Phil on calling Tony's mom out...I am an addict in recovery and until I stopped blaming others for my addiction was I able to stay clean..My mama supported me without al-anon..i stayed clean for 3 yr and was involved in the NA program and when i stopped calling my sponsor, going to meetings, working the program, doing all that was suggested that I do.. I relapsed (blaming my sponsor)and the consequences were pretty bad when I made that decision to get clean again...today I finally have 16mos. clean IN the PROGRAM!!! I just know that an addict who really wants to stay clean will do something DIFFERENT....just saying :-)

Replied By: starrxxx on Aug 24, 2011, 3:32PM
ive recently battled a 4 year addiction to morphine, oxycontin, dilauded, cocaine, crystal meth. etc. anything i could shoot up.i was spending 200$ a day just to feel okay. i know how hard it is to overcome somethng like that. i am on methadone to curb the addiction to the downers. but i am still struggling with cocaine. and the emotional issues that come with years on the street and stealing from innocent people, and churches, and jail. i also am constantly in pain or sick from damage done from misusing pain killers. and the worst of everyting is that i dont even know who i am anymore let alone like who i am. I pray that jaime continues on her path of sobriety. and i pray that others can overcome their addictions so they dont end up losing who they are. Because I promise, that soon enough, if you continue with your drug use, you will forget who you are.

Replied By: sydjadetaramom on Aug 24, 2011, 2:06PM
I was a little upset about the level of fear that was being instilled in the pregnant woman who was using Suboxone. I have been on it for 3 years now, and 2 of my 3 children were born on suboxone...no cps was ever involved, and there were NO withdrawl symptoms, and my delivering doctor knew both times, the same doctor delivered both babies. Granted I don't know how many she's taking a day...I am only taking one....so if she's taking more, then her experience may be different than mine. I don't get the whole "addicted" thing when referring to her taking suboxone. I would MUCH rather be taking that than still using heroin. You take the suboxone to HELP your addiction....now were looking down on suboxone too? I have been clean for 3 years thanks to the suboxone, living a normal happy life. I think that it was overdramatised quite a bit. CPS should be glad that you are managing your addiction....and not using actual drugs....not threaten to take your baby away cause your trying to get help! This is why women don't come out and admit that they are on it....cause there's the possibility someone could call CPS on you for trying to do the right thing....how backwards is that? I think that it should have been approached differently. But that's my opinion, not knowing how much she's taking, and what her situation is...I might be totally off base.

Replied By: juliansmommy on Aug 24, 2011, 1:08PM
i have been watching dr phil for years and i am really disappointed in what he had to say to felicia taking suboxone while pregnant...i was in a terrible accident in 06 and was put on oxys for the pain, which led me to taking alot more than perscribed..i found a wonderful dr who put me on suboxone so i could lead a normal life. i was on the oxys for so long that i actually did damage to my body and receptors whhich would never be fixed, but the suboxone helps me to feel normal again. i have NEVER in my life touched a drug before this experience, and the way my dr described it was i was (in a way)  a diabetic who takes insulin to feel better. i ended up getting pregnant unexpectedly with my husband while still on suboxone, and then got switched to subutex which is basically the same thing as suboxone but it has less medicine. he never told me i had to have an abortion because i was on this medication (which is completly obsurd) but he did say if i stopped taking this medication my baby would most likely die. for dr phil to say EVERY baby goes through withdrawl is a LIE! my baby was born PERFECTLY healthy, he had NO withdrawl symptoms and is now 3 months old and is a beautiful, healthy, happy smily baby. i never wanted to take this drug while pregnant but was told i really had no choice..i am NOT proud of my situation, and plan on not being on it when i have another baby..but the video they showed of all of those babies going through withdrawl (while horrible) is NOT true in every case..if u work with a dr who guides u through the right dosage to take your baby has every chance at being a normal healthy baby. and how dare he make felicia feel as if though her baby was going to go through all of that when he does NOT know that for sure.  i dont agree with women who do illegal drugs pregnant or not, but all i kno is my situation was very difficult and i had very supportive ppl  around me, i worried all the time about my baby being born, which is even worse for the babies health to worry so much. your babies health is in GODS hands and no one should make her feel any worse than she already does. shame on u dr phil....

Showing 1-10 of total 65 Comments