Twitter Facebook YouTube

2011 Shows

When Ted Williams catapulted to stardom, little did the nation know that the homeless man with the golden voice would go from rags to riches to rehab in less than two weeks. Ted initially maintained that he had been sober for more than two years, but later admitted that he'd been drinking, so he accepted Dr. Phil’s offer for addiction treatment. Has he made a serious commitment to recovery? Get an update on his progress. Then, Dr. Phil sits down with Kathy, the woman Ted calls his girlfriend, who also has a history of battling alcohol, drug addiction and homelessness. What does she reveal about the time Ted spent in Columbus, Ohio before he entered rehab? Plus, Ted’s ex-wife, Patti, and his two daughters, Jenay and Julia, weigh in. It’s an intense Dr. Phil you don’t want to miss!

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: rakkertjie on Jun 22, 2011, 4:46AM - In reply to dustbunny1980
Neither do I. I could've told dr Phil from the beginning he's wasting his time. Ted has the mentality of the bump he was before he got "discovered". No money, rehab  or grooming is going to change that. He will always lie, drink and cheat.

Replied By: rakkertjie on Jun 22, 2011, 4:43AM - In reply to cadescove99
Glad to find at last someone who's thinking like me. What, indeed, is so special about Ted's voice? Can't say I haven't heard voices like that many times in my life.

Replied By: wisdom2012 on Feb 11, 2011, 9:31AM
I guess everyone has seen, by now, the failure of Ted on Rehab. After 2 weeks he is out and saying that Dr. Phil rushed him. Welll, maybe Dr. P did rush him, but who else was going to give him the opportunity that most of us poor working people never get?

He had rehab, dental, psych and job offers all lined up for him and his girlfriend and he threw it all away. He is thinking on the level of a rebellious 15 year old. He will now probably never get another chance from his family. Probably, if they have any sense, all the contracts he could have had will dry up as if by magic. Who wants an old boozy alcoholic that can't be depended on to work for them? It is one thing when you are a beautiful movie star or singer that slides into abuse and already has big bucks coming in. It is quite another when you come from the streets, have a prior criminal record, not especially attractive and can't follow through on rehab that is paid in full by someone else with lucrative job offers waiting for you.

Replied By: healwithhumor on Feb 1, 2011, 3:49AM
I posted before but it didn't show up. :-( Ted needs to get real. He didn't want to go to rehab or he would have gone directly from the show, when Dr. Phil was nice enough to offer to send him.  He wanted to drink and drug before going to rehab.  Dr. Phil was right!  One last fling isn't the sign of someone who is serious about treatment.  Ted is more concerned about people forgetting him than getting better.  Ted is a smooth talking conman who loves being in the limelight, and doesn't want to get better.  No serious business person will hire someone who publicly walked out of treatment.  They would have to be crazy!  Ted's story is special alright, but Ted is just showing exactly WHY there IS a 'story'.  All the money and jobs in the world will not change what Ted is.  Ted's first love is his addictions!!

Replied By: truefather on Jan 28, 2011, 1:46PM - In reply to dustbunny1980
I have seen many like Ted before and I was once a member of AA. Back then me and a friend of mine used to observe newcomers and pick out the ones that were going to make it and the ones that wouldn't. We happened to be right 90% of the time. So after listening to Ted and Dr. Phil having to "pull teeth" to get him to be honest, among other things, I don't see him remaining sober for to very long. It will not take him to long to pal up with his girlfriend who is definitely not into becoming sober and probably never will either. Ted, is looking at a gift horse in the mouth and taking the ride for everything he can muster out of it.
His childish titles for Dr. Phil and his underscoring laughs not only show a side of his pain, but also his willingness to be manipulative at every turn. And despite the very dysfunction family dynamics that need to be addressed it will still not be enough for him to claim his bottom has been met. So in the end he is just another conman with a nice voice and he reminds me very much of those TV evangelists who tell you to throw more money at them and their sins will go away and all their wishes will come true. The other point of him remaining a chronic relapser is that he prays to much and ignores that God also says to bring a shovel. There are just to many homeless people out there who have their shovels and need a little help to get a place to dig and rebuild.

Replied By: cadescove99 on Jan 28, 2011, 1:30PM - In reply to dustbunny1980
What's so amazing about his voice, anyway?It sounds "dime a dozen" to me. He sounds like a lot of other radio announcers I've heard over the years. And, none of them can hold a candle to the original Wolfman Jack!

Replied By: dustbunny1980 on Jan 27, 2011, 8:25PM - In reply to dianeceles
The Media and the public from my POV don't see him beyond his voice.

Replied By: dustbunny1980 on Jan 27, 2011, 8:23PM
I heard Dr. Phil say this man has "An Amazing Gift" Come on whatever!! All He has is a voice I know tons of homeless people who have education and work experience who can't find work cause of the ecomomy. And you people all wanna fawn over this one homeless guy and give him all this fame and money. There are way more homeless people who deserve his luck way more and would do something if given a helping hand!! Get a grip you all. I bet many of you passed Ted williams by on the street panhandling tell him to get a job and now you wanna help him just cause he has a nice voice. How bout helping someone who has skills!! Wake up people!!

Replied By: lizbristol on Jan 27, 2011, 2:22PM
As of today, I do not know what the latest is on Ted Williams. But, learning that he left rehab is really very sad to me. I do not know how difficult it is to go through rehab. I hope and pray that he returns - for his own sake. The difficulities that he would have to go through, would make him feel better and be a better person. I do not think that he "sees" that yet. Apparently the drug addiction is very difficult to "get rid of." Perhaps Dr. Phil has some more encouraging words for Ted, and Kathy, if she needs that too. My message to Ted, and Kathy. Please hang in there. You cannot change the many years you've been under the influence in twelve days of rehab. You need to give yourself that time, whatever that time is, to get through this. So many of us are pulling for you, and you have got to do the work yourself with the help of the professionals. Good Luck to you and to Kathy.

Replied By: abarecchia on Jan 27, 2011, 12:11PM
This complete Ted Williams thing seems like a scam. Who is making the inveastment into this individual and why?  All the photos of him living on thw woods, homeless, etc...  Why the funding into this person??  Whos is paying for this? Is it a scam to get people to feel sorry for him?  Cant figure it out...

Showing 1-10 of total 184 Comments