Twitter Facebook YouTube

2011 Shows

Recently, Dr. Phil sat down with Ted Williams to ask him the hard questions about his sobriety and avoiding the pitfalls of sudden success. Dr. Phil even facilitated an emotional family reunion for Williams and several family members abandoned by him more than 20 years ago. On Monday night, the Ohio homeless man with the golden voice was detained by Los Angeles police at a Hollywood hotel, according to authorities, after Williams and his daughter got into a heated argument allegedly fueled by alcohol. Today, Dr. Phil gets to the bottom of what really happened that night that led to the police being called, and he confronts Williams’ daughter, Jenay, in an exclusive, no-holds-barred interview as the story continues to unfold.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: wilson5139 on Feb 9, 2011, 8:33AM - In reply to mrdrake
I most certainly agree. Mr Williams made so many mistakes throughout his life. To deal wih his demons, drug addition & a family confrontation was way too much at once. He hadn't seen family in so many years & there was always the great possibility the family would be bitter...so bitter as to attempt to tear down or block any progress that may have been made. It opened the door for nasty fights over money before the man could earn a dime! "You can't do nothing for no one until you do it for youself." These people meant him no good at this stage. Let him actively take responsibility when he's on his feet.

They needed seperate couseling for a time before being reunited. It was all disturbing to me. I understand addiction & THIS was not the way to handle it. I felt he was exploited & doomed before he began. Seriously, disturbing that this was put out nationally this way. The manner in which this was handled left a possibility that his derailing was sought & he was dispensable for ratings.

Does he need serious help?! Hell yeah! But if you're gonna help...then HELP! This was NOT the way, Dr.Phil..

Replied By: mstinster on Feb 5, 2011, 2:59AM - In reply to wildfirekris
Thanks, Kris, for the reply. It sounds like you've been through alot, and I wish you continued success in your life.  I will continue to show any kind of love I can to my brother - I wait till he calls me, and he still does sometimes, but the crack is isolating him, and he's getting more out of tough with logic....
I pray something will happen to get him out of this binge he's on since he received a settlement check before the holidays.  Before that, he was doing better.

Replied By: jayjbird on Feb 2, 2011, 6:16AM
Dr. Phil you took the bait...
Ted Williams is a "Con Man" He was lloking for something to make the miserable life he chose easier.
You enabled him. Please spend your time helping people who want help.

Ja

Replied By: salemmom3 on Jan 19, 2011, 11:16PM - In reply to zig916
I agree! I think he just wanted to have "One Last Party"  I did not feel that he was being honest. I believe he wanted to want it, but just wasn't ready! He was terrified and I really hope that he does get clean- I was most disturbed by the way the family enabled him! Who brings alchol to an acholic that they want to help quit drinking???

Replied By: galense on Jan 19, 2011, 8:34AM - In reply to wildfirekris
I dont wish him well! I wish the family that he abandoned well! You should too. They deserve all credit, none to him.

Replied By: galense on Jan 19, 2011, 8:30AM
I dont want to hear Ted Williams announce anything! He is not a man that anyone should be putting on a pedistal. A  mans true success in life comes through how he treats his family.....with that being the case....... Ted Williams is no man at all!  To Janay - move on with your life without your dad, he will never change.   Just dont let it affect  your relationships with men and your children.  Be true to yourself, you deserved a dad growing up and didn't have one, he will probably never be a dad to you.  Find strength in yourself to move on with life letting go of any anger you have toward him because that only hurts you not him.   Ted Williams you are a looser.  Your xwife is a jem, and you screwed up by not supproting her or your children. You are lucky she even speaks to you, so respect her.  You will never get back the time you lost screwing off while your children were growing up and absent one of the most important role models in their lives.   You are lucky these are good people and you only have your xwife to thank for making them the beautiful people they are today, you ted had nothing to do with that.   So go be proud of yourself and your stupid girlfriend and leave your family alone because you will never be the MAN they need.    

Replied By: joeyinvegas on Jan 18, 2011, 7:37PM
I think it would be so awesome To hear Ted voicing for movie coming attractions like "coming to a theater near you""in a land far away"etc etc. how they usually make it ,but TEd I think would be so awesome to hear him behind all of those.

Replied By: choward2 on Jan 16, 2011, 11:09PM
You know there is a way to do things and Teds familly was just was out of order. Just think about it what would God do? You draw people through love and kindness. Ted's family drew him with anger and love of money. First you go to rehab to be able to handle what you have done wrong. Remember he did not have money to go to rehab. But just think about it again, the family did not have the heart of God because if they did all that we saw would not happen. I pray that Ted do recover and I am asking God to direct him into what he can do to heal the family and it is not about the money. The only time this family came to see him is because of the discovery. If he was not discovered, they would be doing just what they have been doing all along. This is sad what money do to people. For the Love of money is the root to all evil.

Replied By: xclence on Jan 16, 2011, 8:44PM - In reply to jeffcurtis
I agree Ted is in Gods favor and people have no idea what its like to walk in his shoes. I guarantee you if each and every person that is pessimistic had this happening to them with the very same conditions as Ted's they would be grateful  but cautious and reacting just like Ted, because they would be Ted. This is a 9/11  type event and has never happened ever before and we can't look at this as a run of the mill intervention. This man has been taken out of his element and thrown into a world that is sureal even for regular taxpaying citizens. You talk about culture shock!

Replied By: zig916 on Jan 16, 2011, 2:50PM
I'm sorry but you could tell in all those interviews that Ted was lying.  Not one time through all those interviews did i see Ted shed one single tear.  If i was addicted to drugs and alcohol and did those things to my children,  i would be a mess emotionally while they were confronting me.  nope not him.  it seemed like it didnt effect him at all.  I do hope the best for him.  everyone does deserve a second chance.... but come on.  do you think he really wants one.  i would have jumped on the chance for rehab if i was in his shoes. not him. he really hesitated.  what was his deal.... its like he did want that one last chance for a drunk fest before he went to rehab. oh well. i hope the best for him.

Showing 1-10 of total 440 Comments