Twitter Facebook YouTube

2010 Shows

Shocking video, vulgar images and an online romance gone seriously awry — today's guests say their lives were forever changed once their worst nightmares played out on the Internet. First, 26-year-old Ben, a graduate of the police academy, says his world was turned upside down when a shocking video surfaced online. Watch the video and decide for yourself - was Ben to blame, and will be able to repair his reputation? Then, Kaitlynn's senior year should be an exciting chapter in her teenage years, but instead, a fake Facebook page defaming the 17-year-old has left her fearing for her life. Tune in for Dr. Phil's tips to ensure this doesn't happen to you! And, when Nev met a beautiful woman on the Internet, he says he never expected to be drawn in to a dark world where nothing was what it seemed. If you worry about your privacy, or your child's security on the web, this is an episode not to be missed!

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: marianparoo on Dec 11, 2010, 2:29AM
I cannot get it clearly here -- it is very jerky and goes back to the begining after I've seen only a bit of it. What exactly did he do that got him kicked out of the police force?

Replied By: marianparoo on Dec 10, 2010, 2:54AM - In reply to suzidove60
I don't quite agree about the way some parents are handling it, but at least they are taking responsibility , and not blaming someone else.

And I think a lot of parents  that are blaming the schools are two faced. On one hand, they don't want schools teaching "morality" that they don't accept, and on the other hand they want schools to take over their role of parent when it was convenient.

Same with libraries -- some parents want libraries to censor books for all children according to their ideas, but are too lazy to go the library with their kiddos. They should go back to the mid 18th century, before America, thanks to Benjamine Franklin, instituted public libraris!

Replied By: tony321 on Dec 9, 2010, 4:23PM
SOMEBODY HAS POSTED A FAKE PROFILE OF ME WITH MY LEGAL NAME AND DAMAGING PHOTOS. PLEASE CAN ANYBODY HELP HOW I CAN CONTACT FACEBOOK EITHER BY EMAIL OR BY PHONE. THIS IS VERY SERIOUS AND I NEED THIS PROFILE TAKEN AND REMOVED. PLEASE HELP ME. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE SO APPRECIATTED. APPARENTLY IT HAS BEEN ACTIVE FOR NEARLY 10 MONTHS WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE. I HAD NO IDEA AGAIN, PLEASE, ANY ADVICE WOULD BE SO APPRECIATTED. SINCERELY, TONY

Replied By: laurahowell on Dec 9, 2010, 10:23AM - In reply to summerrose316
First of all, nobody is whining here. Nobody is blaming Facebook either. Facebook didn't create this account, a Facebook user did. My daughter is being stalked by grown men because of this fake Facebook page that was created. This is something that is happening on a daily basis and how scary is it to have to look over your shoulder everyday and wonder if the person walking behind you is going to grab you? We are trying to avoid being another "statistic". I don't want to be on HLN because she killed herself because of this form of "cyber-bullying". Your opinion is just that, your opinion. You are free to think what you will, but I again pose the same question I posed to the DPA of our county "What if it was your daughter?" I have a feeling your answer would be the same right? It's not your daughter, and I am glad it's not. I wouldn't want anyone to think your "whining".

Replied By: mr_ajs_word on Dec 9, 2010, 8:05AM
Ever since myspace and facebook "hit the map" there have been numerous cases of abductions, suicides, and just over all drama as a result. I think it is sinceless that things like alcohol and alternatives to pot are legal, yet a social networking site whos' moderators CANNOT seem to keep things on their site running smoothly are just fine. Its things like myspace and facebook that glamourize popularity and "beauty" that cause an immensely growing issue among teens. i am 18 years old and i had a myspace for a few years. Everything was fine until i met my girlfriend (now fiance) and everyone i knew started accusing me of cheating over myspace. I also find it ironic that these very same people think nothing of walking right up to you and conversing like they were totally within their right. The saddest part, to me, is that networking websites will probably around forever due to the "family" uses. Well nobody is talking about this and that person finding their families on the site. No one is saying how they found the loves of their lives on myspace or facebook. All you hear about is a suicide (usually as a result from recieveing harassment on the site, or cheating, or someone is going to fight. And those who disagree can, but remember, Im 18 years old. I live and interact amongst the very teens that these things are happening to. If anyone ever wanted to actually ask teens from semi-small cities about their day by day lives, im ready to share aloooot of the struggle that I have been through because of these sites, or even hear about things i have heard of people going through due to this sites, I am here in dayton OH to ask. Im tired of seeing my generation suffer because of ignorance and laziness

Replied By: kimmer06 on Dec 9, 2010, 7:50AM
Thank you so much for doing this show.  Drawing attention to the deception on the internet is so important. My ex-husband's wife created a fake MySpace page in my name, with fake pictures of me; however, she utilized my real phone number, place of employment, and children's information.  She contacted random people to give out my number as if she was me.  These were all men who began calling me and texting me.  One man thought I was meeting him at church one Sunday and texted me on a Saturday to coordinate the next day's meeting. My husband took my phone and difused many of the situations.  It was constant for weeks/months.

I was so concerned about my place of employment being listed on there also.  I have heard horror stories about others being impostered and strange men showing up at their home...one girl even being raped.  I constantly looked over my shoulder when leaving the building in the evenings.  It was not a fun time in my life.  I also feared it would endanger my children. 

A friend created a scary "fake" man on another fake Myspace page and contacted my imposter wanting my information. She gave him my information also.  This let me know that she wasn't concerned about what type of person she gave it out to. 

We then used the fake man's account to ask her for her email address so we could communicate by email.  It took a few days;however, she must have created a false email for him and then contacted us.  I then was able to track the IP address to confirm it was her that created the site. 

My ex-husband is still married to her and recently admitted that she had done this but he wasn't aware about it at the time. Since that time, this woman has stolen my oldest daughter's identity in credit card fraud. She was arrested and convicted on the felony.  I am not sure how far this woman is willing to go in endangering my family.  My ex-husband hasn't had any positive contact with our children in 4-5 years until recently.  He is now wanting visitation with our youngest child, who is 15 years old. I am very concerned about him being in the house with this woman and the authority she will demonstrate over my son during his visit.

Thank you again for bringing light to this serious crime....that is difficult to identify and prosecute.  I didn't get anywhere with my local prosecuting attorney's office. They say it is difficult to identify who in the home actually is operating the computer; therefore, making a conviction is extremely difficult.

Replied By: marianparoo on Dec 9, 2010, 2:32AM - In reply to zanegking
I don't think the Armed Forces should be a dumping ground for misfits. Boys and girls like that can only harm the corps.

Replied By: itsover9000 on Dec 8, 2010, 9:07PM - In reply to loruridama
Whop, whop, whop, whop, whop. What's that noise? It sounds suspiciously like the notorious Helicopter-Mom!!

Replied By: present on Dec 8, 2010, 8:43PM
Kids and teens should not be allowed to have a Facebook page. Despite the "cool factor" and everyone being on Facebook there are just too many predators targeting our kids on internet sites.

Replied By: royalpain on Dec 8, 2010, 8:01PM
i live in texas - dallas actually

i faced this same issue 10yrs ago - the police want you to do their work, they want you to find the person,

Showing 1-10 of total 69 Comments