Twitter Facebook YouTube

2010 Shows

The drama continues in The Dr. Phil House as the Housewives prepare their meals for the cooking competition! See which Housewife takes charge and how she foils the other team's food with her "operation sabotage." When celebrity chef Devin Alexander declares a winning team, one of the women is a sore loser, and her anger issues rise to the surface. Next, how would you react if your friends told you what they found most irritating about you? Dr. Phil asks the women to anonymously write down what they think the others are in denial about. Find out who can handle the criticism, and who storms out and packs her bags to leave. Can another encourage her to stay? Then, as Alana is being interviewed in a private room, Gloria eavesdrops and storms in. Why do these two get under each other’s skin so much? And, a trainer gives the women an early morning wake-up call, but one of the women refuses to participate in the workout. You may be surprised to see how the others respond.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: wesleysmom23 on Jan 3, 2011, 5:09PM - In reply to sharmay2
I was wondering the same thing. When does it come back on?

Replied By: sharmay2 on Dec 28, 2010, 11:17AM
I expected another show or two to follow ........ why hasn't this happened???

Replied By: calvinchin on Dec 20, 2010, 3:03PM
Gloria &Michelle :  Most   Gorgeous bachelorette  Beautiful inside & out
Jennifer :  Most  beautiful blonde on the show,  faithful
Alana      :  Most  Beautiful  attracive African American
Rachael  :  Most Pretty young  new mom
Kimm      :  Most  Flirtatious woman and  Mysterious...

Replied By: abulea on Dec 16, 2010, 5:16AM
I don't recall her saying she was above anyone. I think there's a difference in the way the women address each other, or there was in the beginning before it got turned into a big fight, which I guess translates into a difference in manners and consideration of other people's feelings. That makes me think they're operating on different levels.  Merry Christmas.

Replied By: calvinchin on Dec 7, 2010, 6:09PM

Thank you for the Great  Dr.Phil Show...  Hope  Gloria and Michelle find their soul mate...

Replied By: calvinchin on Dec 7, 2010, 6:04PM

Love Gloria & Michelle

Replied By: abulea on Dec 6, 2010, 12:44PM
I really should print this before replying so I don't forget all the things I want to respond to.  In my view, I guess intelligence is a willingness to open one's mind and consider workable solkutions and the women I was referring to are determined not to do that.  It appears that Gloria has created some kind of success in her life and is still trying to be open minded and the negative energies are not.  I don't put Michelle and the other young girl in that category.  Their problems are still more 'coming from outside themselves.'  These other women have had other options and disregarded them.  For instance, Jennifer apparently lived with an unhappy situation for =so many = years, and then decided to solve the problem by vandalizing a car.  Was that supposed to make him feel like cuddling?  She had a job, she could have left or had a showdown or tried something else.   Kim appears to have enough money and household help that she could be having a wonderful time with her children  and she lies in bed all day and pities herself.  There is so much that we don't know about these people, we can only guess from what little information we see on an edited film what they are about, but none of that screams 'bright' to me.  Sorry.  They DO have thug behavior.  To rudely interrupt someone who is trying to participate in a forum she's there for is just rude.  

I'm not really into technology.  My 'screen name' is a typo and I was afraid to change it because it starting working, so I kept it.  I finally figured out how to get 'pop ups blocked' off my screen so I could see some of the stuff on the Dr. Phil web page.  Kim's taped piece - when she got a chance to present herself and her viewpoints - had a verbal swipe at Gloria on it.  I almost laughed myself off my chair.  What I'm saying is that these women don't make any effort to be positive, civil, polite, considerate of others, solution-oriented and yet you think I should look for some kind of worth?  No.  We are likeable when we do likeable things, and we are thugs when we do thug things and they are making no effort to BE likeable, they are just behaving like bullies and thugs and wanting positive rewards for it.  Like you said, Ghandi was loved because he was lovable.  They are not even attempting to be lovable.  I haven't even touched on Alana yet - a representative of our legal system...  With those communication skills and that attitude, I wonder how her practice is doing.  She seemed to think it was okay to sabotage the cooking contest?  Did these people have no parents?  Were they raised by wolves?   Alana's sister, to me, seemed charming and well brought up, reasonable, open minded.  Do we know WHY Alana was so overweight?  Was it glandular or just a refusal to acknowledge self control and then get angry because the calories added up? 

Replied By: hipgnosis on Dec 4, 2010, 11:04AM
I've been wanting to post this for weeks but haven't had time to compose my thoughts on all this talk about good/bad energy and vibes. No doubt Dr. Phil was anticipating all kinds of button-pushing by including Gloria in the group.

There is something to be said for "knowing your audience" when it comes to our choice of words when we want to share our knowledge or beliefs. It's a peer consciousness; people are going to want to communicate with you when you can demonstrate that you have certain common sense things in common. How we present ourselves, the language we use... there is a consciousness for communication.

The fact is, Gloria has some scientific backup when speaking about people putting their energy into the group.  Dr. Konstantin Korotkov is developing a way to measure human energy field interactions. Einstein said,  "The field is the sole governing agency of the particle." "The field" refers to invisible energy forces around us, and "the particle" refers to matter, which includes people. But that's beside the point...

I share some of Gloria's beliefs, but I have learned to avoid commonly used phrases that sound too "New Age." When we adopt overly used phrases, they become trite---losing power and meaning---so people don't hear what's being said. Instead, they're saying to themselves, "That person is New Age, woo woo, airy-fairy, out there, so I don't want to hear them." 

The vast majority of people are fair and reasonable, typically saying, "If you present something to me rationally and intelligently, I'll listen to you a little more. If the next thing you say makes sense, I'll listen a little more. If the next thing makes sense, maybe I'll even pull up a chair." Now you are bringing an exchange, possibly a change. Do you want to do anything to sabotage that?  Do you want to start phrases with, "Jesus/Mohammed/my guides/guru/psychic told me..." Sure, if you want to close doors! Know your audience and know your purpose. If your purpose is to be heard and make a change in the world, then present yourself that way, with a peer consciousness. How we present ourselves reveals our consciousness for communication. I thank Eric Pearl for teaching me this.

That being said, I have a request from each one in this group: Whether it be energy or vibes, or attitude, or feelings, or mindset... may you bring your best to the group each week to make the most of this time with Dr. Phil.  My best to you!

Love and hugs,
Hip Gnosis

Replied By: hipgnosis on Dec 3, 2010, 5:04PM
In Dr. Phil's "Uncensored" video clip associated with this episode ("Under One Roof"), I really like what he said about anger and its sources. If you haven't watched it, click on the link "Find out what happened on the show," and scroll to the bottom of that page with the episode recap. Basically, Dr. Phil said, "Anger is just an outward manifestation of hurt, fear or frustration."  I, for one, would like to see the women stop looking for reasons to be angry with others in the group, and instead, look inside to see what's the root of their pain and anger.

Good luck, ladies!

Replied By: gboynton on Dec 3, 2010, 2:52PM
I have been watching the Housewives since week one and for the life me cannot figure out why Gloria is even there.  She seems to go out of her way to be arrogant and just plain miserable to everyone; if she is that miserable on the inside then her life must be a hell.  Clearly after watching last week she has some issues with alcohol and it certainly makes her even more obnoxious.  While the other housewives seem to be willing to accept criticism and show a desire to change Gloria is not.  She can dish it out but cannot take it.  I think Michelle has a very big, kind heart and is trying to reach out to Gloria but it is not appreciated.  I also have to say that I am impressed with Alana - she is not as quick to fire off at the mouth as when the show first started.

Showing 1-10 of total 213 Comments