Twitter Facebook YouTube

Archives

Teens: Have you ever been harassed or intimidated at school or online? Are you fed up with the taunts and humiliation, but you don't know where to turn? Find support from other teens who have been the victim of bullying and cyber bullying.

This board is now "Read only." Visit the DrPhil.com community to continue the conversation on our new message boards!
Comments
Replied By: akunokishi on Aug 31, 2012, 4:55PM
I hate bullying so much. I have a burning hot passion to protect anyone I see from evil, and I wouldn't care if I get beat up for it.

Replied By: iceycreamey on Aug 11, 2012, 7:24PM
yeah ive been bullied alot. iive been bullied so much that it has made me numb inside. it does make you numb inside. being bitter and numb is called survival in my school so its really my only choiice. people have been posting on facebook calling me fag and lesbian and im not. it used to hurt me but i just trained myself not to feel the hurt. i learned to feel angry instead of hurt and so i just like hit one girl who started that. im living in the movie Mean Girls.

Replied By: iceycreamey on Aug 11, 2012, 7:18PM
Yeah actually i have. Everyone in my school has been exept for  4 girls. my school is just like the movie Mean Girls. I have been so on verge of ending my life because i couldnt get away from all the bullying. It really sucks. but Ill be alright

Replied By: misspaintball on Aug 8, 2012, 7:30AM
My son is a victim of bullying.  He has been physically and verbally abused for an extended period of time by at least 2 students within the Tri-County North School district.  We finally reported this to school officials after finally getting to the route of the problem, as my son wasn’t willing to divulge much information about what was going on, as is the case with most bullying cases.  Things had gotten so bad that I knew something had to be done. 

Prior to reporting the incident, we did know something was wrong.  We went to the Preble County ESC for help.  We followed up with phone calls to them.  We received no help or assistance for my son.  We then went to the Preble County Superintendent and the Ohio department of Education, also with no additional assistance provided to us.

The bullying has gone on for so long it had escalated to the point that the morning after reporting it to school officials, one of the bullies threatened to hit my son in the face with a hammer, during first period, where there are hammers available to students.  A witness (another student) to this confirmed the threat. They briefly spoke to this bully and returned him to class only to later make DEATH THREATS toward my son.  When my son came home from school, he informed us that several kids came up to him and told him that the abuser said “I am going to kill him if I get in any kind of trouble over this” (referring to bullying him and the earlier incident).  These witnesses were reported to school officials which confirmed the death threat.

Throughout this whole ordeal, nobody saw or heard anything.  As bad as it was, not a single school staff member heard anything.  Not a single staff member saw anything.  Not to mention, at one point though out the year, one of his teachers told him not to tattle.  They expect the kids to speak up, tell someone when their being bullied, yet on the other hand, there told not to tattle.  What kind of messages are our kids receiving from this school district.

We not only reported this one bully, we also reported another student that has, along with the other bully, been verbally and physically abusing him also.  My son gave the principle the names of both of the students who have been bullying him for a prolonged period of time.  The school informed me that for days they only had time to talk to 1 of the bullies.  They would eventually get to the other one, they said. 

When my son was 1st called into the office, he said the principle called him a liar.  The principle didn’t believe that the bullying was happening.  I don’t feel he would have done anything about the bullying had my son not reported it as quickly as he did, and if there wasn’t witnesses to the death threats.  This same principle told me he didn’t think the death threats meant anything.  And when did the principle have time to speak to the 2nd bully, I don’t know.  As of Wednesday morning when he called me on his cell phone because I sent an email to the high school secretary asking for any policies that the school had on bullying or harassment (he didn’t seem very happy with my request), he had not yet talked to the 2nd bully.  He informed me at that time, he had already left the school and would be gone the rest of the day.  At our meeting Thursday morning at 7:30 am, he had talked to the bully.  I got to the school by 7:25, the principle was in the office when I arrived and the chief of police in his office.  School don’t start until 7:30, so when did he talk to bully number 2.  I don’t know.

We did report it to the police, because of the death threats.  According to the chief of police, that report will eventually be forwarded for possible prosecution of one of the bullies and my son.  After reporting it to the chief of police, who came to the meeting that the high school principle set up with me and my son, he informed me that my son can also get into trouble for his part in this.  His part?  What did he do?  Suffer for years!  Become so distraught that he no longer wants to go to school because of the abuse and humiliation he has to put up with on a daily basis. 

Do you know why I reported this?  My son had become so upset lately, his grades were going downhill, he didn’t want to do his homework, he had recent outburst which he stated “everyone at school hates me”, including his teachers, “no one likes me”, along with making reference to not wanting to be here(in this world) anymore.  His world was ending, life was ending.  Reasons to go on were few and far between.  But of course, the high school principle found reasons to blame his home life.  My son had informed him that he’s tired and worried about his dad.  Yes, he is.  Unfortunately I can’t take away the fact that his dad has a lot of medical issues that make us worry.

The bully has already threatened my sons life, not once, but twice in one day.  What if he carries it out?   I am afraid for my son.  He is afraid for himself.  He made it very clear to me, the high school principle and the chief of police, that he is afraid as soon as he steps outside the school doors.  He has told me, he don’t even want to step outside at home because he is afraid a bully will be there.  He also informed us that he don’t think the bullying will stop.  He doesn’t feel as though the bully cares that he’s gotten into trouble, he will be back for more; to bully, harass, humiliate, torment and threaten again.

During my meeting with the school principle and the chief of police, the principle informed me that the following morning, during first period, my son was laughing and carrying on with another student about this situation.  More specifically, about the student getting suspended.  The principle informed me that he needs to keep his mouth shut and not speak about the situation.  When I asked him later (my son) what he was laughing about, he said it wasn’t about this situation because he was not knowledgeable of anything until 2nd period.  So why is this principal once again trying to make my son into something he’s not?  Why is he trying to blame my son for being a victim?

There should be more that can be done.  How can we take these threats lightly?  Why is Tri-County North High School in Lewisburg, Ohio aloud to treat a bullying victim as if he committed a horrific crime himself instead of trying help him.  My son said since reporting it, things at school has gotten worse.  I don’t see how things could be worse, but that is how he feels.  As sad as that is!

Replied By: misspaintball on Aug 8, 2012, 7:27AM
My son is a victim of bullying.  He has been physically and verbally abused for an extended period of time by at least 2 students within the Tri-County North School district.  We finally reported this to school officials after finally getting to the route of the problem, as my son wasn’t willing to divulge much information about what was going on, as is the case with most bullying cases.  Things had gotten so bad that I knew something had to be done. 

Prior to reporting the incident, we did know something was wrong.  We went to the Preble County ESC for help.  We followed up with phone calls to them.  We received no help or assistance for my son.  We then went to the Preble County Superintendent and the Ohio department of Education, also with no additional assistance provided to us.

The bullying has gone on for so long it had escalated to the point that the morning after reporting it to school officials, one of the bullies threatened to hit my son in the face with a hammer, during first period, where there are hammers available to students.  A witness (another student) to this confirmed the threat. They briefly spoke to this bully and returned him to class only to later make DEATH THREATS toward my son.  When my son came home from school, he informed us that several kids came up to him and told him that the abuser said “I am going to kill him if I get in any kind of trouble over this” (referring to bullying him and the earlier incident).  These witnesses were reported to school officials which confirmed the death threat.

Throughout this whole ordeal, nobody saw or heard anything.  As bad as it was, not a single school staff member heard anything.  Not a single staff member saw anything.  Not to mention, at one point though out the year, one of his teachers told him not to tattle.  They expect the kids to speak up, tell someone when their being bullied, yet on the other hand, there told not to tattle.  What kind of messages are our kids receiving from this school district.

We not only reported this one bully, we also reported another student that has, along with the other bully, been verbally and physically abusing him also.  My son gave the principle the names of both of the students who have been bullying him for a prolonged period of time.  The school informed me that for days they only had time to talk to 1 of the bullies.  They would eventually get to the other one, they said. 

When my son was 1st called into the office, he said the principle called him a liar.  The principle didn’t believe that the bullying was happening.  I don’t feel he would have done anything about the bullying had my son not reported it as quickly as he did, and if there wasn’t witnesses to the death threats.  This same principle told me he didn’t think the death threats meant anything.  And when did the principle have time to speak to the 2nd bully, I don’t know.  As of Wednesday morning when he called me on his cell phone because I sent an email to the high school secretary asking for any policies that the school had on bullying or harassment (he didn’t seem very happy with my request), he had not yet talked to the 2nd bully.  He informed me at that time, he had already left the school and would be gone the rest of the day.  At our meeting Thursday morning at 7:30 am, he had talked to the bully.  I got to the school by 7:25, the principle was in the office when I arrived and the chief of police in his office.  School don’t start until 7:30, so when did he talk to bully number 2.  I don’t know.

We did report it to the police, because of the death threats.  According to the chief of police, that report will eventually be forwarded for possible prosecution of one of the bullies and my son.  After reporting it to the chief of police, who came to the meeting that the high school principle set up with me and my son, he informed me that my son can also get into trouble for his part in this.  His part?  What did he do?  Suffer for years!  Become so distraught that he no longer wants to go to school because of the abuse and humiliation he has to put up with on a daily basis. 

Do you know why I reported this?  My son had become so upset lately, his grades were going downhill, he didn’t want to do his homework, he had recent outburst which he stated “everyone at school hates me”, including his teachers, “no one likes me”, along with making reference to not wanting to be here(in this world) anymore.  His world was ending, life was ending.  Reasons to go on were few and far between.  But of course, the high school principle found reasons to blame his home life.  My son had informed him that he’s tired and worried about his dad.  Yes, he is.  Unfortunately I can’t take away the fact that his dad has a lot of medical issues that make us worry.

The bully has already threatened my sons life, not once, but twice in one day.  What if he carries it out?   I am afraid for my son.  He is afraid for himself.  He made it very clear to me, the high school principle and the chief of police, that he is afraid as soon as he steps outside the school doors.  He has told me, he don’t even want to step outside at home because he is afraid a bully will be there.  He also informed us that he don’t think the bullying will stop.  He doesn’t feel as though the bully cares that he’s gotten into trouble, he will be back for more; to bully, harass, humiliate, torment and threaten again.

During my meeting with the school principle and the chief of police, the principle informed me that the following morning, during first period, my son was laughing and carrying on with another student about this situation.  More specifically, about the student getting suspended.  The principle informed me that he needs to keep his mouth shut and not speak about the situation.  When I asked him later (my son) what he was laughing about, he said it wasn’t about this situation because he was not knowledgeable of anything until 2nd period.  So why is this principal once again trying to make my son into something he’s not?  Why is he trying to blame my son for being a victim?

There should be more that can be done.  How can we take these threats lightly?  Why is Tri-County North High School in Lewisburg, Ohio aloud to treat a bullying victim as if he committed a horrific crime himself instead of trying help him.  My son said since reporting it, things at school has gotten worse.  I don’t see how things could be worse, but that is how he feels.  As sad as that is!

Replied By: bridgesly on Aug 6, 2012, 6:26PM - In reply to raenice2000
Dr Phil your team will have a lot to read after such terrible show "Girls bullying".  I know You had to do it but here is my in put, and by the way thank you for the opportunity to let us all do this.  I became a US citizen in 1974.  It's a long time...to observe the American born.  Born and raised in a republic within a democracy, my vision and dream and analysing method is very different than most.  That shouldn't be an offense to anyone, but rather I hope a positive sharing.  These girls ( and even more so boys are doing this daily.  I am 75 and I grew up during WWII,) have no reall concept neither have any idea of what keeps appart the philososy attached to "Liberty and Justice for all" and freedom.  In a nut shell, our prisons are overflown with uneducated, hence, ignorant children and older people who have chosen  "their"  freedom to act day in day out rather than to opt for liberty, under the logic of justice, and "respect," (Dr. Phil's own words).  In our prison those who have opted to act within the limitless and the madess of the freedomto insure their survival, simply act like those wild animals in the jungle.  There, like people do sometimes, animal are destroying each other.  In the jungle, that's the proper of their life but not one for we the people.  The difference is this: these people who do not understand that no one is free to do what is wrong, end up in jail loosing their right to any kind of "liberty".  We like to say "with liberty and justice for all"  not freedom and justice BECAUSE freedom and justice don't go together.  Also, what we have is the Statue of Liberty, obviously not the Statue of Freedom.  Finally "dom" is only a suffixe to reinforce the word "free" as to reinforce the the tittle of a new star, i.e., stardom, or a king's kingdom and "dom for "boredom" like these boys and girls bullying  etc.  They should teach that in school.  But the respect to all and to each of us is the responsibility of the educators/parent, first.  The age of reason all over the world is between 5 and 7 years old.  If  not, then a country is ranked to the level of 25 or 27 in the world.  Finally, youth all over the world should have the privilege to deman to be served the right education:  do what you should, not what you shouldn't.   Again if I may; no one is free to do what is not right.  It's a matter of choice between gultiness and conscienciousness.  Kids know that like, "chocolate or mustard on your bread!"       

Replied By: cappysgirl on Aug 6, 2012, 1:32PM
Hello ,
 My son has been bullied since the 2nd grade he is now going to be a sophmore in High school and its getting worse. Iv had him in counceling he is so depressed doesnt defend himself and blames himself and IM TIRED OF this going on with our kids. AS a Mother I have records and Benn to the School about 15 times last year dealing with him being bullied and the school blaming my son ... He has beenmentally and psycically bullied , they punch him from behind they throw gum in his hair , call him fat I can go on and on and the school does nothing Does anyone know what action I can take further to resolve this matter with the No bullying laws etc someone told me to call trenton . Im ready to call channel 12 news and send them over the kids get him on the computer he has to continue to block them now he is afraid that more kids are gonna get involved.... Any help would be appreciated ~

Replied By: cperez92 on May 21, 2012, 8:14AM
i was so upset when i saw this episode. i have watched dr. phil for a long time but this episode got me so mad that i wanted to post a comment and had to sign up for it. these little girls are the definition of stupid. and if your so tough alexis why not just fight her on your  own not have your other stupid friends there to help. man i wish i was there to teach these little girls a lesson. and the moms are just as ignorante as the little girls. the apple doesnt fall far from the tree. if they were my kids i would definatly use old school diciplinary actions. i was alsovery upset with dr. phil i felt like he tookitto easy on them and i know he cant go all crazy on them but hecould have yelled a little and told her straight up. i know that these  girls will get what they deserve someday. and to alicia i am so sorry that you had to go through this i hope they get tried as adults and go to jail and rot in there for the rest of their lives.

Replied By: majordan1 on May 10, 2012, 1:36PM - In reply to sunshineny
I was also sickened by the attitude of these girls and their mothers. I understand as mothers we want to defend our chidren but I would be so upset with my child if they did such a thing.  What really sickened me was the way the offenders targeted the victim's head knowing she had a shunt.  These kids are headed for some very serious trouble especially with such attitudes. 

Replied By: drphils1fan61 on May 9, 2012, 5:28PM
I am a 50 year old woman, I have been bullyed my whole life, it started at home with a brother, it rolled over to the neighborhood kids, (they heard him) they followed along. they were afraid of him, when I hit 8th grade I was blossoming and was over developed. I was bullied by that one girl everyone was scared of. I ended up walking home every day for 2 weeks, because I was afraid of her. And/but I still had that brother at home to. I ended up pregnant and married att 15. The man I married was 6 years older, he beat me, intimadated me, my daughter ended up dieing after 6 days she was a premie. I ended up having a son at 17. Then divorcing at 21.
 I always have had low self esteem and I have a bad anger problem, and I know and realise I'm wrong but, I have anxiety and cry alot, I'm a loner I could never hold onto friends...wonder why?  anyhow,,my brother till this day is still the same,, I hate him,,he belittles me and my younger brother..and I know I need help but I never had good insurance for it...

Showing 1-10 of total 148 Comments