Twitter Facebook YouTube

2010 Shows

There are as many as 10,000 homeless teens living on the streets of Los Angeles. Dr. Phil special contributor Kelly Osbourne shined a light on homeless youth and introduced us to Danny and Bonnie, two teens struggling with drug addiction while surviving on the streets of Hollywood. The night before they were to sit down with Dr. Phil, Danny overdosed on heroin in a hotel room, and Bonnie got arrested. See what happened after Danny’s life was saved and they both spent time in jail. Was this the wake-up call they needed to agree to rehab? And did they agree to go to rehab? Did they agree to go to separate rehab facilities? Now, Dr. Phil and Kelly check back in, concerned for the teens’ health and safety. Will they pass a drug screening? Parents, watch this eye-opening show with your teenager!

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: manddy_07 on Sep 29, 2014, 10:49AM
What Happened to Bonnie&Danny after they returned to the show and agreed to go back to rehab? where are they now? and how are they doing?

Replied By: shousea on Feb 17, 2014, 7:30AM - In reply to britt_200
Hope they finally do well.....sad that they have three chances and do not seem to appreciate it...some people never get one chance!  Terrible drug!

Replied By: belinda13 on Feb 17, 2011, 10:10PM
It's now been a few months since Danny and Bonnie agreed to go to rehab... are there any updates on their progress? This ep only just aired in Australia so I am interested to know how they're going...

Replied By: angie1124 on Oct 11, 2010, 9:56AM
Horrible drug.... My granddaughter lost her daddy last year Oct. 27, 2009 due to heroin. He was 27 years old. Please runaways.... get help, it will get you if you don't.

Replied By: ricschic on Oct 8, 2010, 10:51AM - In reply to gail092228
Congratulations on your daugher's efforts to get clean. If she were my daugher, I wouldn't care if she had to take methadone, suboxone, whatever...anything to get off heroin. And she's now a functioning adult! I know what you've been through...the worry, the sleepless nights, the wondering what's going to happen...been there, done that. I am so happy for you and your daughter. I hope she continues on the road towards sobriety. I wish you both the best....

Replied By: gail092228 on Oct 7, 2010, 12:02PM
I just watched this show (had it tevoed).
Alot of what was talked about really hit home with me. I have a 30 year old daughter who is a recovering heroin addict. She has stolen from the family, been in jail and a year ahd a half ago she overdosed and almost died.  If it wasn't for the girl that was with her calling an ambulance (my daughter had stopped breathing) she would not be here today.  I had kicked her out of the house and told her not to call or come by until she was seriously readly to get help.  She had been in detox several times and rehab and she was on suboxone for a while, which, she ended up stopping because I could not financially afford it. For those of you who have criticized suboxone and methadone, well, my daughter has tried both and is currently on methadone.  She goes to the methadone clinic every morning and has been off the heroin for just about a year now.  It may not be the ideal situation, but, methadone has truly saved my daughter's life.  She doesn't abuse it.  She does everything she is supposed to do.  She goes for counseling every 2 weeks and group every week and NA meetings as well.  She has a full time job for the first time in her WHOLE life and is thriving at it.  She has opened up a bank account and is saving up her money so she can buy her own computer.  Without being on the methadone this past year none of this would have been possible and it is a WHOLE lot better than the alternative, which is jail, death or living on the streets.  What works for one addict doesn't always work for another.  She tried suboxone and it really did not work well for her like the methadone has.  I'm really really proud of her and the person she is becoming because she is not on the street hustling for money to buy heroin and put a needle in her arm.  What she is doing now is a whole lot more productive than that.  I sleep better at night not having to worry about getting a phone call that she is dead or in jail.  It is working and that is all that matters to me.

Replied By: kcouch on Oct 6, 2010, 2:47PM - In reply to kittykatt589
Are you going thru the right pages and channels? Are you sure? Check thru the optiions. I'm new here but I know he doesn't just ignore people  as you can see by his shows.  Maybe he's answering you thru another show.

Replied By: kcouch on Oct 6, 2010, 2:40PM
To me it seems that Bonnie is actually the dominant personality in this couple. He is so dependent upon her - anything she says is ok with him. If he can't talk to her he can't make it thru the day much less thru treatment. He had to leave to find her. Take another look, she does the talking, he's very quiet. He agrees with anything she wants. She will make it thru treatment if she wants, but he is questionable because of this. Just my opinion of what I saw.

Replied By: joannel on Oct 5, 2010, 2:45PM
I think that Danny and Bonnie seemed like basically good kids.  Bonnie seemed especially sweet.  The really touched my heart.  I will be praying for them and hope that they can turn things around.  I also think that Kelly is a great addition to these shows. 

As always, Dr. Phil, I love your show and learn so much from you.  Thank you for all that you do to help people.

Replied By: greennnnnn on Oct 5, 2010, 11:32AM - In reply to tammylynnwalls
No offense meant whatsoever, but isn't a position of a CNA extremely dicey/dangerous for an addict?  I know they have investigations as to whether one is a drug abuser, etc.  Perhaps your daughter was never in "trouble" for her problem, hence, no record that shows she's an addict with drug problems.  However, I would think she, herself, would be leary about doing a job like this.  I know it's not recommended at all.  Can you fill me in on this, in your particular case?  I, myself, think the idea is a terrible one, at best. 

Showing 1-10 of total 52 Comments