Twitter Facebook YouTube

2010 Shows

Kimberly and David were frustrated and concerned because they say their two teen daughters, Alexis and Alaina, were out of control. Alaina, 14, had so many tickets that the police placed her under house arrest. Alexis, 16, was very manipulative and threw fits when she didn’t get her way. Both teens admitted that they had experimented with drugs and alcohol. The girls were sent to Turn-About Ranch, an intensive therapeutic working ranch in Utah. Find out what happened when they arrived, how they’ve changed, and if they’re ready to come home. Plus, learn why Dr. Phil is exasperated with their parents. If you’re in a power struggle with your teen and wondering what you’re doing wrong, don’t miss this show!

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: lesliesimms on Feb 14, 2014, 9:37PM
This family is in trouble and have been for a while.  I noticed as David's wife spoke she looked at him before to see if it would cause trouble for her.  She is living with Domestic Violence I guarantee it.  He would not even acknowledge her and was very disrespectful.  I think the man needs more help than his daughters because he is causing all the chaos.  I feel sorry for his wife, I hope she escapes this situation with her life.  I was really disappointed that these little things that I saw was not mentioned on the show.  Obviously she is suffering at the hands of this man.

Replied By: patty531 on Apr 18, 2011, 1:39PM
Truthfully, Dr. Phil, I think you should do an update on these teens about 6 months to a year after they have been through the program.  That would be a truer test as to whether or not the program worked.  There have been many failures with these programs and if the follow-up is done too early after they have finished the program, could it not be possible they are still in the honeymoon phase as it's referred to?  It would be great if you could have all those teens (that have been to Turnabout Ranch) back on your show now to see how really successful the program was. Thank you.

Replied By: kubiecutie on Mar 30, 2011, 8:37AM
Both girls and their father need a good head-shaking!!

Replied By: raney02 on Mar 29, 2011, 7:30AM
I am furious with Kimberly and David. I think their the ones that need help. You should send David to the ranch to learn how to grow up. He's old enough to have kids now be man enough to raise them. Dr. Phil like you said on the show if David doesn't appreciate the help there's plenty more out there that want it. I wouldn't waste  my time with them at all.

Replied By: irishchain1211 on Oct 8, 2010, 1:03PM
Dr. Phil, you sent the wrong people to the Turn About Ranch. You should send the PARENTS! They don't get it, and they obviously need a wake-up call or those kids will be right back where they started.

Replied By: ullakastrup on Oct 7, 2010, 12:15AM - In reply to mmmamm
Not being with your child on birthdays and thanksgiving is a hard way to break the bond between mother and child. It will never be the same as before. Down the road your own children could end up being random strangers passing by on the road without any notice.

Replied By: patty531 on Oct 4, 2010, 1:26PM
I would like to make a comment about Turnabout Ranch. It is made to sound like it is such an excellent program but would like to have Dr. Phil interview the teens 6 months to a year down the road from the time they left the program.  I would have to wonder if it is actually a program that works.  When you take a child out of the environment in which they live and put them into something like that, they probably would have success because what else are they supposed to do there?  Of course they would do all they were asked because they know it's the only way they will get to go home again.  It would be very interesting if Dr. Phil could have a show with several teens who had been through the program to see if it actually did work.  It's a huge expense and if it would be nice to know if it really is as successful as it's made out to be.  Thanks!

Replied By: samsnewplace on Oct 4, 2010, 11:08AM
I'm very happy with the progress of the youngest one, and she is doing it all by herself. The oldest is still a spoiled brat and if mom and dad don't grow up and get a grip on parenting, she will have babies next and probably one after another. Bad parenting is the root of her problems. When she started getting out of control they needed to get strong and make rules and stand by them no matter what.  I wish the oldest one luck because so long as she keeps getting her way, she will not change and her life will never turn out the way she hopes for.   Alexandria a huge hug to you for overcoming bad parenting and pulling yourself up into maturity........I'm proud of you and where you are now.  Your sister could learn from you at this point in her life.

Replied By: mycita on Oct 4, 2010, 10:45AM
Instead of ever, at any time, being disciplined for bad behavior; these girls not only got away with it, but were rewarded for it. I blame their parents 100% for the situation they got themselves into. I'm kind of surprised, however, that neither Alexis not Alaina have gotten pregnant yet.

Replied By: mmmamm on Oct 1, 2010, 9:21AM - In reply to paldrich1
My duaghter went through her 16th birthday and Thanksgiving while at TAR.  On neither occasion did I expect special treatment for her -- her actions got her there -- and no contact -- were consequences to her actions.  A birthday is not an excuse to expect special treatment.

Showing 1-10 of total 156 Comments