Twitter Facebook YouTube

2010 Shows

It’s been a very dramatic summer for The Dr. Phil Family! The last time we saw 22-year-old Alexandra, she was seven months pregnant, and her parents, Erin and Marty, feared she was taking drugs and still partying with her boyfriend, Tony. In the final weeks leading up to the baby’s arrival, Erin’s concerns escalate, as she says Alex refuses to return phone calls and stops visiting her children, Nathan and Leilah. Alex claims to be on bed rest, but watch what happens when Erin makes a surprise visit! And, hear Alex’s shocking side of the story. Then, on delivery day, emotions arise to a fever pitch. See who’s allowed to stay for the birth, who’s kicked out of the delivery room, and who gets physical! When the baby is tested for drugs, are Erin and Marty’s worst fears confirmed? Dr. Phil reveals what you need to know about preventing teen pregnancy. Parents: It’s an explosive show you can’t mis!

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: abigailbuckley on Feb 18, 2011, 4:57PM - In reply to marianparoo
Nathan’s father had another child 2 ½ years after Nathan. The boy is not a part of his life whatsoever, because Nathan’s father wanted nothing to do with him then, and now. The mother of the child was smart to get him away, and not allow him to be a part of the abusive and destructive environment. She is an amazing mother, and has done everything for that child on her own. He completely changed her life for the better. I know this is not always the case (i.e. Alex) but a GOOD mother makes their child their life. As for people who say Nathan’s father hasn’t had any more kids… you don’t know what you are talking about.

Replied By: marianparoo on Jan 27, 2011, 12:37AM - In reply to petfriendlyre
But I wouldn't be surprised. What an idjit. Gonna go turn on the speakers.

Replied By: petfriendlyre on Jan 26, 2011, 3:37PM - In reply to marianparoo
On the preview today Dr. Phil is heard asking Alex if she is concerned that she might be pregnant.
Hardly surprising - if it is Tony's, he is long gone for good no doubt.
And would Erin step up to take care of this one as well??
What a mess.

Replied By: marianparoo on Jan 17, 2011, 3:17AM
Alexandra - no money, no home, no children, no Tony. But what about Katherine?! Am I the only one who wants to know if she has gotten herself in order?

Replied By: marianparoo on Jan 3, 2011, 9:06AM
I'm interested in knowing if Katherine stopped using ( I don't think she was ever really abusing) grass and how she is doing in school.

Alex has pretty much shown that she has no interest in changing her behavior. If anything, it gets worse with every baby daddy and pregnancy.

Interested in how Nathan's ("God Gave Me) dad is doing. He looked as if he was really making a decent life for himself and his son.

Replied By: marianparoo on Dec 20, 2010, 3:12AM - In reply to doughmance
....such  a crowd in the labor and/or delivery rooms?

It's not the days when they wanted to check that the Queen's baby was the real McCoy and not a changling.

Replied By: doughmance on Dec 18, 2010, 6:27AM - In reply to dianna862
She doesn't have to take care of them. Just because they are her grandchildren, doesn't mean she is responsible.  How can you say that the child's own mother should not take care of her own child and then turn around and say the grandmother HAS to? She CHOOSES to keep her grandchildren.  She puts herself in the center.  If she would have parented her own daughter when she should have, she would not be going through this now (And she'd have all that parenting stuff out of her system already from properly focusing on her daughter BEFORE they became the famous Dr. Phil family.

Replied By: doughmance on Dec 18, 2010, 6:20AM - In reply to kylemans
What does bringing the daughter's drug abuse to light accomplish?  The daughter already knows she has taken drugs. The mother is suspicious.  Okay, she took drugs and everybody knows.  Now the problem is bigger because CPS will be involved. and they will be struggling with them.  I think it is better to try to solve problems within the family if possible. You are correct though--if he only has a third grade education.  My word!  I only saw that his mother was being supportive during the labor which was a wise thing to do and the thing that needed done.  Don;t you think these things are usually short-lived and the daughter will drow to realize the value of her own mother after dealing with this other family. Most well-to-do educated people I know, are having their children cared for by somebody with only a high school degree, if that.

Replied By: doughmance on Dec 18, 2010, 6:12AM - In reply to grandm12a
You would be surprised how many people deal with issues like this and nobody hears about it.  They are people who don't peddle their business.  Often a person will rely on drink during a time of stress.  Even the bible says that this is okay.  Many people who used to party have become outstanding citizens.  This baby was the daughters brand new fresh start and while the mother believes this is suspect, she should give the daughter the benefit of the doubt or at least wait until the proper time to discuss these matters.  Nothing is to be gained by harassing a woman in labor.  This is not the time to try to resolve issues because getting the baby born is the priority.

Replied By: doughmance on Dec 18, 2010, 6:07AM - In reply to vaflmom
There is a time and place for this and it is NOT during labor.

Showing 1-10 of total 1329 Comments